Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: kobe talking about the reality of american basketball

Quote Originally Posted by HOoopCityJones
    You sound like a baby back bitch.

I think it's human nature that when one is athletically gifted, one can get away with (be lazy) just being faster, stronger, jumping higher than someone who's not so athletic. That person is forced to work on his skills in order to compete. Of course, if the more athletic person also worked on his basketball skills, his ceiling is much higher than the less athletic.

Not being racist here, but there is nothing quite like the black american athlete as a physical specimen and it is a result of being descendants of slaves (who I'm sure were picked for their strength, speed, physical superiority). Compare that to the "typical" African athlete who is usually small, light, middle/long distance-runners (not big, strong and fast).

Not only is there a physical difference, but IMO there is a mental/emotional difference that is typically American - that cocky, brash (and individualistic) American attitude. Non-americans are usually more family (and therefore), more team-oriented. Nothing is worse for young people than the adulation, early promise of material gain and general fawning that comes with the capitalistic/materialistic society of America. Note that I have nothing against capitalism (in fact I'm all for it - that's what makes America great - it's the land of opportunity), but the young are very susceptible to it and ill-prepared to deal with it.

I don't see a solution to the problem as long as the players are only required to play one year of college (where they should be developing skills if they stayed the full 4 years) with the inevitable big contract that follows. Very few are as fortunate as Kwahi Leonard, physically gifted, but raw and blessed to land up on a team like the Spurs with a shooting coach like Chip Engelland who re-did his shot, a coach like Pop to develop him and veterans to mentor him. But yet his athleticism and Green's (American born) are the big difference in the Spurs that most foreign players just don't have.

Great college starter chocolatethunder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rmt
    I think it's human nature that when one is athletically gifted, one can get away with (be lazy) just being faster, stronger, jumping higher than someone who's not so athletic. That person is forced to work on his skills in order to compete. Of course, if the more athletic person also worked on his basketball skills, his ceiling is much higher than the less athletic.

Not being racist here, but there is nothing quite like the black american athlete as a physical specimen and it is a result of being descendants of slaves (who I'm sure were picked for their strength, speed, physical superiority). Compare that to the "typical" African athlete who is usually small, light, middle/long distance-runners (not big, strong and fast).

Not only is there a physical difference, but IMO there is a mental/emotional difference that is typically American - that cocky, brash (and individualistic) American attitude. Non-americans are usually more family (and therefore), more team-oriented. Nothing is worse for young people than the adulation, early promise of material gain and general fawning that comes with the capitalistic/materialistic society of America. Note that I have nothing against capitalism (in fact I'm all for it - that's what makes America great - it's the land of opportunity), but the young are very susceptible to it and ill-prepared to deal with it.

I don't see a solution to the problem as long as the players are only required to play one year of college (where they should be developing skills if they stayed the full 4 years) with the inevitable big contract that follows. Very few are as fortunate as Kwahi Leonard, physically gifted, but raw and blessed to land up on a team like the Spurs with a shooting coach like Chip Engelland who re-did his shot, a coach like Pop to develop him and veterans to mentor him. But yet his athleticism and Green's (American born) are the big difference in the Spurs that most foreign players just don't have.
    No you're not being racist you're being moronic. Africa is a very large continent with a variety of people populating it. The "runners" you mention are from east Africa and have very little in common with African Americans apart from having their roots in Africa. African Americans desecend from peoples of West Africa where you'll find people who look much like African Americans. If you can't tell the difference between someone from West Africa and someone from Kenya or Ethiopa or Somalia then I don't know how I can help you.

kobe realy isn't a "chucker" he just doesn't get open looks and hasnt for a decade. he is going to get covered, and doubled often, he has to take tough shots, or not take shots at all. he gets paid to take the tough shots.

Kobe confirmed what I and many others here said over and over....that he was formed and developed in ITALY, not USA.

But NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO all the TROLLS here call you a liar when you simply state the truth about that.

Now Kobe himself confirms it again, just as he has several other times.

So all this RIDICULOUS racist bullshit people post here when they say things like "so and so is an American product", or so and so was not developed in whatever country", blah blah blah..........

As I have said here over and over, this INSANE BULLSHIT claim then means for example, that Kobe is Italian and not American.

But NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, the level of hypocrisy, xenophobia, and idiocy from most people in this forum seems to be totally limitless.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 01-03-2015 at 03:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by beastee
    Yet Durant, WB, Wall, Melo, Lebron and the list goes on of AAU players who dominate the league. Fundamentals are nice, but USA shits on euroleague tournaments strictly on pure athleticism. If I wanted to watch fundamentals I would watch ivy league college ball. Post play though should be preached, our bigs should just tear the league to pieces. So that is a good call on his part.
    Another moron that does not know what the Euroleague is. Team USA has never played a Euroleague team one time in all of history.

Quote Originally Posted by rmt

Harvard did a DNA study of every black NBA American player and found that on average they had about 40% white DNA.

They were on average 40% white due to all of the mixing of the race from pre civil war times.

So all of this talk people like you keep bringing up in this forum is not only racist, but it is also extremely stupid and ridiculous as well.

Especially since it is always the "American black NBA players" that every such post specifies - the very ones that have about 40% white DNA on average.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 01-03-2015 at 03:22 PM.