Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Reality Check

Default Reality Check

It's amazing how ignorant the NBA forum is. The things people focus and comment on makes me sick.

A real basketball/NBA fan would look at this series as the Spurs are playing really good basketball as a TEAM. Great movement on every possession and great hustle on the defensive end.To top it off great coaching.

And these "LeChoke" comments? Lebron did everything he could and carried the team in the third and played phenomenally when a comeback was possible.His team didn't step up despite given every opportunity and the game got away from them. Lebron didn't score in the 4th because the game was already out of hand and according to the rules you cannot accumulate points from the bench. Sounds logical right?

What irritates me the most is instead of giving credit where it's due and recognizing the Spurs are playing devastating AS A TEAM the insecure Jordan stans and irrational Kobe stans take every opportunity to gloat, take Lebron down a noth, and will cite non related BS to emphasize their ignorance.

This is why good posters defect to the OTC and lose interest in the NBA forum. I pity the mods for their efforts always getting chastised for trying to elevate the intelligence of this place.

Default Re: Reality Check

If you're a Lebron fan, and you claim he's exempt of all criticisms, you're an intelligent poster.

This is becoming nonsensical at this point.. Following your logic, its a win-win situation for you fanatics

this forum is pure entertainment - if you want reall bball discussion, realgm is the place 2 be.

i'm a jordan fan, but i could give two sh!ts about the guy. it's just fun watching the lebron stans at this point in time.

like they always say...... "What goes around, sure nuff comes around" so lebron stans deserved it.

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
    If you're a Lebron fan, and he's exempt of all criticisms, you're an intelligent poster.

Makes sense
    See this is where you Jordan stans like to misconstrue things. While I'm praising the Spurs for a great team game you Jordan stans see it as being a Lebron stan. Trait of insecurity. Sure I gave Lebron a pass for last night, but in your eyes that's pretty much all you see and ignore the whole tone of this thread.

Bear Chested Da Brawn STATUTORY's Avatar

are we even gonna act like OP is not a salty bran stan?

it's because it's not as good of a storyline. unfortunately, people don't really care about the greatness of teams. they latch onto a specific player and warp the story to fit their agenda. instead of "the spurs are a great team and are overwhelming the miami heat", it's "lebron isn't good enough to 3 peat." or other things like how this makes duncan the greatest player of his generation, etc, whatever, all these irrelevant things that don't matter

what's NOT being discussed nearly enough is how incredible this spurs TEAM has been playing. seriously, they're ****ing great. but that's not as good of a story as talking about how this makes duncan > kobe or kobe > lebron or duncan > lebron or whatever it is people want to talk about for sensationalist headlines.

Quote Originally Posted by STATUTORY
    are we even gonna act like OP is not a salty bran stan?
    I would say the same thing about Lebron stans if it was Kobe in the finals. All 3 fanbases try desperately to try and take the other 2 down with any given opportunity. Jordan stans come off as the worst to me.

But at this point I couldn't care less what fanbase people think I am. Some fanbase is going to call me something if my views conflict theirs

Banned

LeBron stans take a shit on the board when everything is good, too. It's all just jokes.

Quote Originally Posted by Quizno
    it's because it's not as good of a storyline. unfortunately, people don't really care about the greatness of teams. they latch onto a specific player and warp the story to fit their agenda. instead of "the spurs are a great team and are overwhelming the miami heat", it's "lebron isn't good enough to 3 peat." or other things like how this makes duncan the greatest player of his generation, etc, whatever, all these irrelevant things that don't matter

what's NOT being discussed nearly enough is how incredible this spurs TEAM has been playing. seriously, they're ****ing great. but that's not as good of a story as talking about how this makes duncan > kobe or kobe > lebron or duncan > lebron or whatever it is people want to talk about for sensationalist headlines.
    And that right there is the whole point of my OP. But all Jordan/Kobe stans see it the one point I made about Lebron's game last night.
    Honestly, did you miss that?

Quote Originally Posted by moe94
    LeBron stans take a shit on the board when everything is good, too. It's all just jokes.
    I bet they do. That trifecfta of stans seriously kills the intelligence of this site

Quote Originally Posted by diamenz
    this forum is pure entertainment - if you want reall bball discussion, realgm is the place 2 be.
    RIP

You had a good run.

Quote Originally Posted by hateraid
    I bet they do. That trifecfta of stans seriously kills the intelligence of this site
    You should be estatic tho, cuz your name iz hateraid right?

See this is where you Jordan stans like to misconstrue things. While I'm praising the Spurs for a great team game you Jordan stans see it as being a Lebron stan. Trait of insecurity. Sure I gave Lebron a pass for last night, but in your eyes that's pretty much all you see and ignore the whole tone of this thread.
    You're praising the Spurs team...and placing zero blame on the Heat and their best player for under performing.

Gotta give it you guys...Yall got ALL your bases covered

And that right there is the whole point of my OP. But all Jordan/Kobe stans see it the one point I made about Lebron's game last night.
    Honestly, did you miss that?
    honestly though, kobe/lebron/jordan stans are all the same thing. same extremism, just going for a different player. they love one, so they hate the other two. they all function the same and all have the same tired "arguments" they use to prop up their favorite player. which is why this board is so boring. the kobe/MJ/lebron narrative is played out and these clowns are still on here desperately posting every 15 minutes convincing absolutely nobody