Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Not airballing my layups anymore

Default Re: Who is winning league MVP 2016 - 2017?

Very unpredictable but **** it.

1. LeBron-he realizes if he gets MVP and FMVP next season
    he is top 2 GOAT. I think after this upcoming season his athleticism will take a noticeable hit, so he will be more motivated than ever. Needs to get that jumper consistent.
    2. Kevin Durant- Will be go to option on what could be an all time team. Offense fits him perfectly, and he will get his shots (draymond green is going to sacrifice offense to be DPOY next year.)
    3. Kawhi Leonard- going to be the same two-way monster with additional offensive load.
    4. Steph Curry- too good of a season this year to fall to far next season, in his prime. He could easily win MVP again next season.
    5. Kyrie Irving- Confidence would be at all time high after being a hero in championship and also potentially brining home gold. He is going to be fun to watch next season, and could also be darkhorse MVP candidate.
    6. Paul George- really really good player that will be in his prime as well.
    7. Anthony Davis- future MVP who is still growing but already a monster.
    8. Andrew Wiggins- I think he takes a huge leap next year and will develop into a 25 ppg scorer. One of quickest players for his size in NBA.
    9. Dame Lillard- this guy is all heart, and an animal.
    10. Carmelo Anthony- going to finally have an athletic playmaker for a point guard, that will create opportunities for him. I think he has a nice bounce back year.

WARNING: my opinion only

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Solefade
    i love russ but the people who think he's gonna get 50-55 wins are hilarious..y'all don't remember the season when KD got hurt and didn't play all season right? they didn't even make the playoffs
    Team is better now imo. Russ is better now.

They still won 45 games that year...they were going through transition with Reggie and Kanter...and the Durant unknown.

I bet the win total for them is around 49...

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41

They still won 45 games that year...they were going through transition with Reggie and Kanter...and the Durant unknown.

49 seems reasonable, but lets just say for shits and giggles he pushes them to about 52 wins, which is MAXIMUM in my opinion, and Russ averages about 27\7\7 (LeBron average statline)

That is still not enough.

LeBron coming off an FMVP and a title now has the confidence to pursue the 1 and 2 GOAT spots. Plus he just realized his two biggest competitors joined forces. I believe when LeBron wants to push for MVP, he gets it. Getting that 5th MVP would be insane for his resume.

I usually hit open layups

kemba walker

Quote Originally Posted by Papaya Petee
    49 seems reasonable, but lets just say for shits and giggles he pushes them to about 52 wins, which is MAXIMUM in my opinion, and Russ averages about 27\7\7 (LeBron average statline)

That is still not enough.

LeBron coming off an FMVP and a title now has the confidence to pursue the 1 and 2 GOAT spots. Plus he just realized his two biggest competitors joined forces. I believe when LeBron wants to push for MVP, he gets it. Getting that 5th MVP would be insane for his resume.
    It depends on what other people do of course.

Totally agree if Lebron pushes for it...he gets it.

I think Russ could push them higher at the absolute max as well.

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41

if the thunder aren't a top 3 seed in the west i don't think he has much of a chance..and i'm 95% sure 49~ wins isn't gonna get you a top 3 seed in the west

Quote Originally Posted by Solefade
    if the thunder aren't a top 3 seed in the west i don't think he has much of a chance..and i'm 95% sure 49~ wins isn't gonna get you a top 3 seed in the west
    I never claimed 49 would. I said something around mid 50's would put him right there.

Take a step back and think about this year for MVP if there was no Curry...and Russ led the Thunder to 53 wins without Durant.

Russ wasn't that far back of Leonard this year...think about that.

This is a guy that just got 4th in voting while his team didn't really meet expectations in the regular season and he shared his team with the guy that finished 5th.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Fudge's Avatar

LeBron or Paul George.

"3 is greater than 2" CuterThanRubio's Avatar

Harden if he makes the playoffs, hes going to drop some insane numbers next season thanks to D'Antoni, possible triple double season incoming!

How did I forget about PG13

He's in the top 3 for MVP discussion.
    I can't wait to see him now that he has a solid supporting cast again.

As of right now I'd say it's Kawhi. The Warriors will all cancel each other out and I don't see Lebron pushing hard enough all season to be a real threat to the award.

But more importantly, watch out for any team that makes a jump in the standings. If Indiana do well, Paul George will jump right up there. If the Wolves make a leap, watch for KAT (or Wiggins if he's the catalyst) Anthony Davis or something like that. Especially in the age of the Golden State Superteam, I think the media will be particularly interested in an underdog story - and a player flourishing on a recently successful team will be perfect for that.

Future NBA G.O.A.T inclinerator's Avatar

deandre liggins