Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default The Dynasty that never was.

National High School Star beastee's Avatar

Default Re: The Dynasty that never was.

Yeah man. I had such high hopes for this franchise. It's a bummer for the league and small markets.

Interesting to see if Westbrook stays and becomes THE MAN longterm.

The team that never won which is sad with that much talent. I expect them to be on ESPN 30 for 30 down the road.

Decent playground baller

They are today's equivalent to the 90's Magic.

Quote Originally Posted by JBSptfn
    Pretty much, except OKC's run was a little longer. Apt comparison though.

Top 1 Bball Mind.

But, bro....we got jeremy lamb, kevin martin and steven adams

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

the next x will be coming soon.

It's really unfortunate. The only time they didn't have key injuries in the playoffs was 2012 and 2016. 2011 they were babies and new onto the scene of contention, 2013 was the Westbrook takeout by Beverly, 2014 had Ibaka miss 2 games of the Spurs series, 2015 had everyone injured. I really wished better for Westbrook, my favorite player in the NBA.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Quote Originally Posted by JBSptfn
    although the Magic were a good team the lakers weren't a contender yet.
    So S. Oneal didn't really pulled a K.D. Move.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RoundMoundOfReb
    But, bro....we got jeremy lamb, kevin martin and steven adams
    I've seen you post this a number of times, but I don't really think you understand much here.

I've always argued that trade on basketball terms because it is a fun and thoughtful discussion...

However, the Thunder could not have kept that group together. The owners weren't paying the luxury tax and the repeater tax...and either Ibaka or Harden had to go. This wasn't Presti just waking up and deciding to move Harden...it was a decision that was forced upon him by the changing climate after the CBA's new luxury and repeater tax rules went into place after the lockout that terrified owners.

Not to mention...what year were they winning it with Harden that is a lock?

How about just putting it on the players a bit. You know...having a good enough team around Durant to be in the damn conference finals seemingly every year. Just to watch the players either not get it done or get hurt.

Presti and the owners no doubt made mistakes, but its not like KD just didn't have enough. He wet the bed in the biggest game of his career and then went running to an all time loaded roster. It's a bitch made move and weak...and maybe you don't want to trust that guy to be your franchise player.

Even if they kept Harden and they had perfect health...not 1 year would have been a lock. You think you are beating some of those Warriors, Spurs, and Heat teams with Durant going 10-31 in do or die games? Even with Harden its not happening...and that defense without Adams is gonna be pretty awful as well.
    Last edited by DMAVS41; 07-04-2016 at 10:23 PM.

On the plus side - Harden is still ringless and KD burns in hell
    Russ loses that beta b*tch

NBA sixth man of the year knickballer's Avatar

It's gutting because you can make a case that OKC could be the most talented team in the league. It's a bit different from Lebron leaving for Miami as Cleveland had nowhere near the talent than OKC has currently. OKC has an elite PG, one of the up & coming bigs in Adams, solid core players in Oladip, Waiters, Kanter, role players in Robinson and Illyasova and what looks to be a promising player in Sabonis.

GOATbrook/Waiters
    Oladipo/Robinson/Waiters
    Durant/Robinson
    Ilyasova/Kanter
    Adams/Sabonis

That's a very good roster.. Guys like Ilaysova gives them a stretch 3, Oladio gives them another weapon. Sabonis another big. I don't like how posters on this forum use the word "beta" too often but this was truly a beta & bitch move by Durant.

BTW, If you're a small team just draft international players as these guys won't **** you over and are loyal. Just look at the Gasol brothers staying with Memphis forever(Pau had to be forced out)

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by knickballer
    It's gutting because you can make a case that OKC could be the most talented team in the league. It's a bit different from Lebron leaving for Miami as Cleveland had nowhere near the talent than OKC has currently. OKC has an elite PG, one of the up & coming bigs in Adams, solid core players in Oladip, Waiters, Kanter, role players in Robinson and Illyasova and what looks to be a promising player in Sabonis.

GOATbrook/Waiters
    Oladipo/Robinson/Waiters
    Durant/Robinson
    Ilyasova/Kanter
    Adams/Sabonis

That's a very good roster.. Guys like Ilaysova gives them a stretch 3, Oladio gives them another weapon. Sabonis another big. I don't like how posters on this forum use the word "beta" too often but this was truly a beta & bitch move by Durant.

BTW, If you're a small team just draft international players as these guys won't **** you over and are loyal. Just look at the Gasol brothers staying with Memphis forever(Pau had to be forced out)
    Yep...also, Horford was ready to join up if KD committed long term. That is why this BS about KD not having enough help during his time there is a joke.

So a team of Russ, Dipo, Durant, Horford, and Adams...that isn't enough to keep you long term? Okay...then you aren't a loyal championship first option franchise player.

He left at worst the 3rd best roster in the league with another superstar...arguably the best roster ...to join another team. You don't want a guy like that as your franchise player.

Dirk and Duncan really are a dying breed...

This is sad

When you trade Harden to save money, you get what you deserve. Dont want to spend money, then be prepared to lose your superstars.