Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Local High School Star No_Look604's Avatar

Default Iphone 5c stuck in recovery mode. HELP!

F U Apple! I did the software update and I guess my phone froze before it could be completed. I'm now stuck in recovery mode and when I plug my cell into my computer, itunes doesn't recognize it, therefore I cannot do a restore. I just keep getting the symbol to plug phone into itunes.

I've tried all this troubleshooting and suggestions I've found online with no luck. The cell is only a few months old.

Can anyone out there help me? I heard there are certain programs that will just bump you out of recovery/DFU mode with one click of a button?

I don't care about saving any data I just want my cell to turn on!

Thanks in advance ISH. You've always come through in the past.

One

NBA Superstar

Default Re: Iphone 5c stuck in recovery mode. HELP!

you're ****ed bro sorry

rip iphone 5 color

Two questions: Were you trying to jailbreak it, and what os version are you running?

Oh wait you were trying to update the OS gimme a second.

Do you have warranty? Just change it.

If holding down the home button for 10 seconds doesn't work, then you need to turn it off. If it won't turn off by holding down the power button try holding power and home for 7 seconds. On the off chance that doesn't work let it go dead.

Then make sure iTunes is closed and plug it back in. Recovery should pop up into iTunes. If that doesn't work you'll need to see if you can get it into DFU mode. Then it should either go back to 7.0.0. If it doesn't then plugging it into your mac/pc should work.

If that doesn't work you really ****ed it up and should call Apple.

Thanks guys for your willingness to try and help.

I was simply trying to get my itunes to recognize my iphone and then as a last resort I agreed to update my IOS to the 7 I believe. From what I've read it seems the update did not complete, which forced my phone into recovery mode.

I've found a certain program that should bump you out, problem is even that program won't recognize my phone. Oddly enough, the same program has a second option that will allow me to recover all my photos etc...I see them show up.

I'll be going in tomorrow to get a replacement but if it's a simple fix that would be even better. Luckily I'm still under the one year warranty.

Isn't this an issue that has been going on for like months and months? F'n apple...

PS - I hear a beep from my computer when I plug the phone into the computer...but yeah my iphone summary doesn't apppear at all

NBA sixth man of the year Levity's Avatar

you should just try going to apple. i know people who have had similar issues with no more warranty on their phone, and apple straight up replaced their phone without asking any questions. seeing as its a 5c and not a 5s, you might luck out.

And no, I was not attempting to jailbreak anything. The phone was pretty stock and I didn't even have many apps.

It's weird that you hear the beep but aren't getting into DFU mode.

Personally, I didn't upgrade to iOS 7. Because **** that shit. But, OTA updates are the way to go. I've heard a lot of stories like yours.

Thanks everyone. I've pretty much tried all those actions suggested above.

I even got my phone into DFU mode but that didn't help sync it.

Has anyone used "TinyUmbrella" ...I've read with one click of a button it shoots you out of recovery mode. The version I found online won't even load up for me. And who knows it might not recognize my phone either hmmm...

If anyone can reccomend a similar program that I can use for free, that'd be sweet.

Cheers ISH! Enjoy the playoffs!

sometimes that beep sound when plugging in or plugging out sounds like it's warped....like half-ass...bout to die. my usb is brand new but maybe I'll try use a friend's and see.

Quote Originally Posted by Rose
    It's weird that you hear the beep but aren't getting into DFU mode.

Personally, I didn't upgrade to iOS 7. Because **** that shit. But, OTA updates are the way to go. I've heard a lot of stories like yours.
    I'm pretty sure I got into DFU mode because my screen was all black and the "plug into itunes" icon stopped showing. Unfortunately when I plugged it into comp, nothing happened. So I got it back into this recovery mode.

i've read something about a "recovery loop" issue....like a cycle your phone may go into which always brings you back to recovery. fcukin eh!

I obviously tried reinstalling every detail of itunes but to no avail

Quote Originally Posted by No_Look604
    I'm pretty sure I got into DFU mode because my screen was all black and the "plug into itunes" icon stopped showing. Unfortunately when I plugged it into comp, nothing happened. So I got it back into this recovery mode.

i've read something about a "recovery loop" issue....like a cycle your phone may go into which always brings you back to recovery. fcukin eh!

I obviously tried reinstalling every detail of itunes but to no avail
    Yeah I'd say you're in the loop then. Definitely gotta talk to your provider at least. Apple will probably help you out if there's an Apple store near you.

Banned

because Itunes, lol.
    also lol at still having to plug in to a computer to update

shhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by flipogb
    because Itunes, lol.
    also lol at still having to plug in to a computer to update
    You don't have to plugin to update, that's an optional way of doing it.. I never plug in. Haven't had my phone hooked to the computer in well over a year.. don't even need to do it to sync the iTunes on the computer and or the things you've purchased/installed via the phone..