Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
    College superstar

Default Re: Pau Gasol: The Ultimate Scape-goat

Coming in really late, so I apologize if this has been mentioned already (don't have the time to read the whole thread)...

Best way to win NOW: Trade Howard. He has, by far, the highest value of any player on the roster that can be traded, and the Lakers could get a serious haul for him. However, since he's (hopefully) a legit franchise player... this is not a good long-term plan.

Best way to win for the next 3 years (as a whole): Trade Gasol. Still should have legit value, and the Lakers could walk away with one star and 2-3 solid rotation players, and potentially a second round pick. My favorite trade scenario involving Pau is sending him (and any pick the Lakers have left) to Minn for Pek, Williams, Budinger, Barea. I realize that is a lot of GOOD players for Minn to give up, but I still believe that Pau can be GREAT. And Minn has a legit coach with a system that is well suited to Gasol's skill set.

College superstar The Iron Fist's Avatar

Default Re: Pau Gasol: The Ultimate Scape-goat

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
    Can't wait for Pau to write a tell-all book about how Kobe was behind the scenes.
    What will he talk about? How he had zero playoff wins til Kobe made him a champion?