Default Durant has been going to the post much more

Especially against the bucks, his game continues to develop and polish. This man's work ethic and desire to get better is amazing

Default Re: Durant has been going to the post much more

It was about time. He should bulk up a little and work on legs strength.

jordan > leflop james Paul George 24's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dunksby
    Especially against the bucks, his game continues to develop and polish. This man's work ethic and desire to get better is amazing
    he is weak

National High School Star Jlamb47's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Paul George 24
    he is weak
    He isnt weak, hes actually pretty strong. Hes been getting bigger every year.

NBA Superstar

limited sample size so far, but he's also using the pump fake more than ever, which I have been calling for for years

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

durant looks huge compared to last year.. he definitely bulked up - for a guy that's always looked like a kenyan runner, he definitely gained 15 pounds or so.

and he is operating from the post and out of the triple-threat position (pre-dribble, stationary position) a lot more... less off-the-dribble, more dirk-like but quicker obv... these are things i thought he needed to do so he could dominate on a higher level... and he's doing them.

sleep on okc this year at your own peril.. the only thing preventing a guaranteed championship this year is the coaching.... so are they THAT much better talent-wise that they can't get beat by strategy?.... unfortunately, i don't think so.. but it's actually pretty close.

brooks to me is still really bad - like, i think he has a mental addiction that the 2-guard HAS to be a sefalosha-type, non-offensive player... that's the only reason i can think that he'd play roberson so much, when he literally has 3 guys now that are way better (jackson, lamb, morrow).

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball
    durant looks huge compared to last year.. he definitely bulked up - for a guy that's always looked like a kenyan runner, he definitely gained 15 pounds or so.

and he is operating from the post and out of the triple-threat position (pre-dribble, stationary position) a lot more... less off-the-dribble, more dirk-like but quicker obv... these are things i thought he needed to do so he could dominate on a higher level... and he's doing them.

sleep on okc this year at your own peril.. the only thing preventing a guaranteed championship this year is the coaching.... so are they THAT much better talent-wise that they can't get beat by strategy?.... unfortunately, i don't think so.. but it's actually pretty close.

brooks to me is still really bad - like, i think he has a mental addiction that the 2-guard HAS to be a sefalosha-type, non-offensive player... that's the only reason i can think that he'd play roberson so much, when he literally has 3 guys now that are way better (jackson, lamb, morrow).
    roberson ain't a bad player at all.

the more I watch his game, the more I fall in love with him.

aside from great defense and rebounding, he's a smart player on offense who knows how to score efficiently and knows where to be, along with knowing what his role is.

Quote Originally Posted by russwest0

aside from great defense and rebounding, he's a smart player on offense who knows how to score efficiently and knows where to be, along with knowing what his role is.

lol...after all the efficiency bashing you do, surprised you even reiterate something like this.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by russwest0

idk boss...

can't have a 9% usage guy out there for 23 minutes per game - that allows the defense to play 5 on 4.

and guys with low usage normally have respectable ORtg's... but roberson's is a basement-low 98... a 9% usage, 98 ORtg player has no business playing 23 minutes per game... i would fire brooks just on the basis of this alone - if he's that bad on this issue, it's an indication of his overall coaching ability and acumen.

naturally, roberson's production is as low as you can get - 9 points per 100 possessions... the defense can literally ignore him and pay more attention to westie and durant, which is exactly what you don't want.

the thunder don't have great offensive sets - they can't afford a to play a guy 23 minutes who allows the defense to be more effective guarding durant and westie... i really feel that brooks wants a sefalosha clone at the 2-guard spot... i can't think of any other reason roberson gets so much burn.
    Last edited by 3ball; 12-10-2014 at 03:31 PM.

He needs to watch George Gervin play, srsly... They have similar physiques/athleticism and both are great scorers/shooters, Durant clearly has more range (Gervin didn't come up with the 3pt line though) but Iceman could do big damage in the post, that was major for him, especially in the post-season.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAQisGOAT
    He needs to watch George Gervin play, srsly... They have similar physiques/athleticism and both are great scorers/shooters, Durant clearly has more range (Gervin didn't come up with the 3pt line though) but Iceman could do big damage in the post, that was major for him, especially in the post-season.

He should watch Sikma too.

He and KD actually seem to have similar body types.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball
    idk boss...

can't have a 9% usage guy out there for 23 minutes per game - that allows the defense to play 5 on 4.

and guys with low usage normally have respectable ORtg's... but roberson's is a basement-low 98... a 9% usage, 98 ORtg player has no business playing 23 minutes per game... i would fire brooks just on the basis of this alone - if he's that bad on this issue, it's an indication of his overall coaching ability and acumen.

naturally, roberson's production is as low as you can get - 9 points per 100 possessions... the defense can literally ignore him and pay more attention to westie and durant, which is exactly what you don't want.

the thunder don't have great offensive sets - they can't afford a to play a guy 23 minutes who allows the defense to be more effective guarding durant and westie... i really feel that brooks wants a sefalosha clone at the 2-guard spot... i can't think of any other reason roberson gets so much burn.
    I guess you could be right, It's just that Roberson is already a polished rebounder and defender from the 2 spot.

Going into the year I thought Morrow should have been the starter, no doubt.