Default KB & MJ: When Destiny Meets Greatness

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7M1EEqY7eFc

idk why but it gave me chills

Default Re: KB & MJ: When Destiny Meets Greatness

Nice post. Thanks. There is definitely a bond there. Passing of the torch and such.

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    Nice post. Thanks. There is definitely a bond there. Passing of the torch and such.
    People really underrate Kobe's drive and they put too much effort into comparing him to Jordan. No doubt they have a lot of similar/identical elements to their game, but there is only one Michael Jordan and one Kobe Bean Bryant.

People need to look beyond that senseless hate and appreciate the final years of a great player.

When MJ was at the last stage of his career, we had Kobe coming up next.

Who's the next great SG we currently have to look forward to? James Harden? damn...

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe
    People really underrate Kobe's drive
    I've never heard that, ever. He's one of the most driven players ever, so individually driven that one of the knocks on him has been historically his goals take precedence over team play. Or the good of the whole.

Let's not make up "woes" to have a pity party for Kobe. Everyone here even if they hate on him between ISH's all-time stan wars at the end of the day respects him.

Everyone whether you love him, indifferent, or love to hate him will miss him when he's gone. You don't need to carry some imaginary crusade banging the drum for a 19 year vet, a man about to be the 3rd all-time scoring leader.

Kobe isn't NOT appreicated, dude. You guys end up just sounding annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    I've never heard that, ever. He's one of the most driven players ever, so individually driven that one of the knocks on him has been historically his goals take precedence over team play. Or the good of the whole.

Let's not make up "woes" to have a pity party for Kobe. Everyone here even if they hate on him between ISH's all-time stan wars at the end of the day respects him.

Everyone whether you love him, indifferent, or love to hate him will miss him when he's gone. You don't need to carry some imaginary crusade banging the drum for a 19 year vet, a man about to be the 3rd all-time scoring leader.

Kobe isn't NOT appreicated, dude. You guys end up just sounding annoying.
    It depends on what you base it on. I'm basing it on what people have been saying about him online. All I hear is how much of a cancer he is and how he only cares about getting them checks.

All his hard work has paid off, there's no way he'd be putting up 30+ point nights at this age, with these injuries, if he didn't have the drive to come back strong time and time again.

Guys have fallen off and retired with smaller issues. Achilles tears have ended NBA careers (See Zeke), players have retired due to bad backs or leg injuries.

My opinion is that a lot of people underappreciate how much work he puts in off the court to still be this good.