Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Kobe will average 25/5/5 this season.

Don't believe the hype. ESPN is creating controversy to bank on it. He dropped 27/5/4 in 27 minutes effortlessly last night.

College superstar

Default Re: Kobe will average 25/5/5 this season.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBoss
    Don't believe the hype. ESPN is creating controversy to bank on it. He dropped 27/5/4 in 27 minutes effortlessly last night.
    In a preseason game against one of the worst teams in the NBA, in a 33 pt loss, against Rodney Hood and Ian Clark, Kobe shot 10/23.

If Kobe does just say f*** it and shoots 40% on 30FGAs and goes 27/5/5 and the Lakers go 30-52 do you think thats a good thing?

Its certainly a possibility. And I would think less of him if it did.

High School Starter

he is still the lakers best player and playmaker.

Banned

He's been putting up those number relying on zero athleticism for a few years now. So it won't be much a surprise if he does it again. No one should be surprised if he gets those numbers by volume shooting and low efficiency since he's been doing that already.

Local High School Star lakerspng's Avatar

this volume shooting and low efficiency mantra that has been tagged on Kobe is f'n stupid.

Kobe will probably average around that, between 45-48% shooting and hopefully the Lakers can give him some support, especially on interior defense so we can have a shot to win more than half of our games.

Quote Originally Posted by lakerspng
    this volume shooting and low efficiency mantra that has been tagged on Kobe is f'n stupid.

Kobe will probably average around that, between 45-48% shooting and hopefully the Lakers can give him some support, especially on interior defense so we can have a shot to win more than half of our games.
    Kobe Bryant has never shot 48% in his professional career. I don't see him doing that at this late stage unless its on considerably less volume, combined with less 3 point attempts and operating strictly in the midrange/post area where his skill alone will carry him in place of greatly reduced speed and athleticism.

Now, 22ppg on 45%? Very possible, in fact I expect it. 27ppg on 45/46% at 36 coming off a major injury? Not very likely. 27ppg on as high as 48% with the aforementioned factors in place? Not happening....

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by lakerspng

What are your expectations of your team this year? How many wins? What chances do you give them of making the playoffs?

I don't put a lot of credence in the preseason but the Lakers have played their guys a lot more than the opposition has played theirs and they have given up 120, 116, 119 the last three. And they have looked godawful on that side of the ball.

4 ring - 4 FMVP - 4MVP J Shuttlesworth's Avatar

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by J Shuttlesworth

I don't think any of us could have imagined Kobe would go full retard and play the way he is playing. If he actually ends up averaging 25/5/5 it will be the weakest, most pathetic, least game winning effecting 25/5/5 stat line of all time. I'm giddy with excitement to see the season ending threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    I don't think any of us could have imagined Kobe would go full retard and play the way he is playing. If he actually ends up averaging 25/5/5 it will be the weakest, most pathetic, least game winning effecting 25/5/5 stat line of all time. I'm giddy with excitement to see the season ending threads.

Pathetic hater.

1) People said Kobe wouldn't even return from the achilles injury, that he no longer had it in him to even average 20 points a game

2) He came back in 8 months from his achilles injury and broke his knee, people said he was done as a player, that he would never be the same again

3) He comes back and is averaging 25/5/5 and has scored 26 or more points in 12 out of his first 22 games back from 2 serious injuries at the age of 36, including a 32/11/12 triple double, a 44-point performance, some nice, clutch games

He's averaging 26/5/6 on 40% shooting since the 1/14 game, respectable numbers for a guy early into his season after having the injuries he did and being away for so long.

Now, all of a sudden, the goalposts have been moved to a point where he's supposed to put up his prime numbers in order to "satisfy" his detractors. We have 60 regular season games to go, people weren't even willing to give him ONE month to shake off the rust. He was getting criticized for not playing like his usual self when he played 6 games in the span of 18 months...

Just watch the haters downplay his individual production at the end of the season, when his numbers will be in the ballpark of 26/5/5 on 43-45% shooting
    Last edited by ImKobe; 12-10-2014 at 02:45 AM.

4 ring - 4 FMVP - 4MVP J Shuttlesworth's Avatar

Kobe's numbers evening out a bit. He's up to 39% and 22 FGA doesn't sound THAT bad... still not great

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe
    Pathetic hater.

1) People said Kobe wouldn't even return from the achilles injury, that he no longer had it in him to even average 20 points a game

2) He came back in 8 months from his achilles injury and broke his knee, people said he was done as a player, that he would never be the same again

3) He comes back and is averaging 25/5/5 and has scored 26 or more points in 12 out of his first 22 games back from 2 serious injuries at the age of 36, including a 32/11/12 triple double, a 44-point performance, some nice, clutch games

He's averaging 26/5/6 on 40% shooting since the 1/14 game, respectable numbers for a guy early into his season after having the injuries he did and being away for so long.

Now, all of a sudden, the goalposts have been moved to a point where he's supposed to put up his prime numbers in order to "satisfy" his detractors. We have 60 regular season games to go, people weren't even willing to give him ONE month to shake off the rust. He was getting criticized for not playing like his usual self when he played 6 games in the span of 18 months...

Just watch the haters downplay his individual production at the end of the season, when his numbers will be in the ballpark of 26/5/5 on 43-45% shooting
    It's a pity you had to type all this when I all I read was "pathetic hater". Oh well, next time, eh?

It's a pity you had to type all this when I all I read was "pathetic hater". Oh well, next time, eh?
    Guess you have nothing intelligent to say in response to my post.

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe
    Guess you have nothing intelligent to say in response to my post.
    That's cute. You discovered the word "intelligent".
    Last edited by Smoke117; 12-10-2014 at 03:02 AM.