Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-09-2014, 02:36 AM   #976
SCREWstonRockets
Houston Texan

SCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Boardwalk Empire (HBO)

Sucks that this show is ending. Easily the best show on TV to me
SCREWstonRockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 04:36 AM   #977
Andrei89
Yes We Did

Andrei89 has decent reputationAndrei89 has decent reputation

This 7 year skip is a shame and a sham!

I was looking forward to the Maranzano v Masseria war. We will never see it now
Andrei89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 12:14 AM   #978
DonDadda59
Lord High Executioner

DonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Anybody been watching? I think the season has been great so far. Love the introduction of Joe Kennedy, the actor playing him is pitch perfect. The Nucky flashback scenes haven't been as tedious as I thought they would be, they flow nicely with the other stories. I like that Bugsy is getting more shine, he's grown up since we last saw him.

My only gripe would be that it doesn't feel like a final run. Feels more like a middle of the series type season. But that will probably change soon.
DonDadda59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 01:13 AM   #979
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti Hero
Haha. Awesome.
Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 07:45 AM   #980
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonDadda59
Anybody been watching? I think the season has been great so far. Love the introduction of Joe Kennedy, the actor playing him is pitch perfect. The Nucky flashback scenes haven't been as tedious as I thought they would be, they flow nicely with the other stories. I like that Bugsy is getting more shine, he's grown up since we last saw him.

My only gripe would be that it doesn't feel like a final run. Feels more like a middle of the series type season. But that will probably change soon.

Personally I've found the young Nucky stuff to be really tough to watch. I did like the inclusion of Kennedy this week. It feels like they're making an accelerated run at just trying to connect the show to some factual reality here in the very end. I have also liked all the Lucky Lansky stuff. It feels to me like they'll get to the point where they take out Maranzano, form the Luciano as big boss model, and Nucky will just be phased out as a dinosaur regional type and lose all his mojo while withering into retirement. I'm not sure how satisfying that will be, as it feels like those characters will have become the focus of the show.

I was also really disappointed in the way they washed out the Rothstein death. Basically Tessio throwing out a line about how many funerals he's had to attend in his retirement. There's been villains throughout. And the main line between Nucky and Jimmy was what it was. But Rothstein always kind of hung over everything, and the lack of conclusion there was really unfortunate to me.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 12:08 AM   #981
guy
NBA All-star

guy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation here

Damn easily one of its best episodes ever.
guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 02:42 AM   #982
DonDadda59
Lord High Executioner

DonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Well... shit

***MAJOR SPOILERS AHEAD***

Was not expecting Van Alden to go like that. And I was sad to see Chalky go, but at least he went out like a G

2 questions though- 1) Was Daughter's daughter's paternity supposed to be left open ended or were we supposed to conclude it was Chalky's? 2) That kid is obviously Tommy Darmody, right?

Last edited by DonDadda59 : 10-13-2014 at 02:45 AM.
DonDadda59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 12:28 PM   #983
guy
NBA All-star

guy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonDadda59
2 questions though- 1) Was Daughter's daughter's paternity supposed to be left open ended or were we supposed to conclude it was Chalky's? 2) That kid is obviously Tommy Darmody, right?

1) Conclude that its Chalky's. Pretty obvious I thought when he asked the daughter if she knew her daddy and she said mommy had to leave or something. Good thing it was too, cause ultimately Chalky ended up sacrificing himself for his family i.e. his child and the mother of his child as opposed to sacrificing himself just for some chick that got him into so much trouble and was a big reason he lost everything in the first place. Also, seems like a nice touch that last season him and his troubles were basically the whole reason his daughter died, and now he became the reason his daughter should be able to live a good life (well I guess that's open-ended since it depends on if Narcisse keeps his end of the deal).

2) Didn't really think of it until I read a lot of speculation online about this. Makes perfect sense, although might be too obvious once you think about it. I'm assuming it is though. The kid takes up way too much screen time for him to just be some random new character in the show.

By the way, I'm starting to think the show's ultimate end is going to involve Nucky, Gillian, and Joel Harper/Tommy Darmody. Probably not as noticeable, but in the flashback Gillian sarcastically calls herself Nellie Bly. A few episodes ago, Nucky received a letter with an address from "Nellie Bly", and we remember Gillian was in the mail room. It sounds like she's been trying to reach Nucky. I know that the feeling was that the ending was going to involved Capone and Luciano/Lansky somehow. Well, Capone's reign is pretty much done now that the FBI has the ledgers. And we know Luciano/Lansky ultimately get out of this alive and in power, but really, the show hasn't been about those two that much. Its been way more about Nucky obviously, and probably right after the whole Darmody family. The real Nucky doesn't die, so it wouldn't surprise me if maybe his way of redemption is taking care of Gillian and Joel/Tommy. Or also, Nucky "Thompson" is technically a fictional character, so who knows? Maybe ultimately Gillian kills him getting back at him for all the shit he put her family through.
guy is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: