Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-15-2018, 10:02 PM   #46
RRR3
Youth is Wasted...
 
RRR3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: ...On the Young
Posts: 22,182
Default Re: Do we all agree that Kyrie in the 2016 playoffs/finals was the greatest 1b in history

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents
Lol, Curry was better the very next year in the playoffs & Finals
Also, Durant and Curry actually are very clearly a 1a1/1b situation. LeBron was always number 1 to Kyrie’s number 2.
RRR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 04:29 AM   #47
Gileraracer
The triggerer
 
Gileraracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 5,602
Default Re: Do we all agree that Kyrie in the 2016 playoffs/finals was the greatest 1b in history

Without Kyrie Bran would be 2/9 so you Lebron dicksuckers better put some respeck on his name!
Gileraracer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 01:55 PM   #48
bond10
Made that high school varsity squad
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 745
Default Re: Do we all agree that Kyrie in the 2016 playoffs/finals was the greatest 1b in history

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manny98
Kobe in 2001

Pippen in 98 (especially in the finals where he was arguably the best player).

Curry in 2017


Lol no, it's not arguable at all. He barely played in the last game.
bond10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 02:05 PM   #49
sdot_thadon
Local High School Star
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,840
Default Re: Do we all agree that Kyrie in the 2016 playoffs/finals was the greatest 1b in history

I wouldn't say Kyrie was 1b, he filled the number 2 role about as perfectly as you can ask for from a scoring perspective though. As mentioned in this thread there's plenty of other legit 1b guys before we even think of kyrie.
sdot_thadon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 02:06 PM   #50
superduper
EmGOAT
 
superduper's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 2,059
Default Re: Do we all agree that Kyrie in the 2016 playoffs/finals was the greatest 1b in history

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdot_thadon
I wouldn't say Kyrie was 1b, he filled the number 2 role about as perfectly as you can ask for from a scoring perspective though. As mentioned in this thread there's plenty of other legit 1b guys before we even think of kyrie.

How many of them outplayed the league's UMVP on both ends of the floor while hitting the title winning shot in game 7 of the finals? That must be quite a large list.
superduper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 02:11 PM   #51
sdot_thadon
Local High School Star
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,840
Default Re: Do we all agree that Kyrie in the 2016 playoffs/finals was the greatest 1b in history

Quote:
Originally Posted by superduper
How many of them outplayed the league's UMVP on both ends of the floor while hitting the title winning shot in game 7 of the finals? That must be quite a large list.
He spearheaded a conscious effort to make steph as uncomfortable as possible, his role was to attack him offensively any chance he got. The other end of the floor where steph was most dangerous they actually did their best to keep kyrie away from him. So as a piece to the puzzle? hell yeah hats off to him and the shot was as cold blooded as they come but there was around 4 or 5 more possessions after that bucket. And don't forget love's defense on a long possession in front of curry. Still one of the best finals endings ever for me. Right up there with 94 and 98.
sdot_thadon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 04:08 PM   #52
r15mohd
College superstar
 
r15mohd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 4,722
Default Re: Do we all agree that Kyrie in the 2016 playoffs/finals was the greatest 1b in history

Quote:
Originally Posted by superduper
How many of them outplayed the league's UMVP on both ends of the floor while hitting the title winning shot in game 7 of the finals? That must be quite a large list.


delladova had curry on the ropes in 2015, too...dont hear you whining and b!tching about that tho #DoesntFitTheAgenda
r15mohd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 04:20 PM   #53
superduper
EmGOAT
 
superduper's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 2,059
Default Re: Do we all agree that Kyrie in the 2016 playoffs/finals was the greatest 1b in history

Quote:
Originally Posted by r15mohd
delladova had curry on the ropes in 2015, too...dont hear you whining and b!tching about that tho #DoesntFitTheAgenda

Yeah Delly played decent on one end of the floor in a couple of games. Kyrie played at all all time great level vs the UMVP on both ends of the floor in a 7 game series.
superduper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 04:26 PM   #54
Hey Yo
5-time NBA All-Star
 
Hey Yo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 11,127
Default Re: Do we all agree that Kyrie in the 2016 playoffs/finals was the greatest 1b in history

Quote:
Originally Posted by superduper
Yeah Delly played decent on one end of the floor in a couple of games. Kyrie played at a all time great level vs the UMVP on both ends of the floor in a 7 game series.
Kyrie shot like a combined 33% his first 2gms of the 2016 series. Game 2 he scored 10pts and had zero FTA............... just sayin'
Hey Yo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 04:30 PM   #55
BigTicket
Cavs for life
 
BigTicket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 5,379
Default Re: Do we all agree that Kyrie in the 2016 playoffs/finals was the greatest 1b in history

Kyrie was great in 2016, we wouldn't have won the title without him, or even come close, but it wasn't the greatest 1b finals performance in history.

The greatest 1b finals performance in history was Magic in 1980.
BigTicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 04:30 PM   #56
3ball
NBA Legend
 
3ball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 16,951
Default Re: Do we all agree that Kyrie in the 2016 playoffs/finals was the greatest 1b in history

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hey Yo
Kyrie shot like a combined 33% his first 2gms of the 2016 series. Game 2 he scored 10pts and had zero FTA............... just sayin'
Lebron averaged 24 ppg and 6 turnovers through 4 games

Then Silver intervened

Those are the facts
3ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 04:33 PM   #57
Hey Yo
5-time NBA All-Star
 
Hey Yo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 11,127
Default Re: Do we all agree that Kyrie in the 2016 playoffs/finals was the greatest 1b in history

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3ball
Lebron averaged 24 ppg and 6 turnovers through 4 games

Then Silver intervened

Those are the facts
I never claimed LeBron played at an all-time great level at both ends of the floor for the entire 7gm series.
Hey Yo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 04:39 PM   #58
r15mohd
College superstar
 
r15mohd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 4,722
Default Re: Do we all agree that Kyrie in the 2016 playoffs/finals was the greatest 1b in history

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3ball
Lebron averaged 24 ppg and 6 turnovers through 4 games

Then Silver intervened

Those are the facts


silver sure did tell Draymond to keep kicking at nuts...all playoffs long Draymond brought that on himself, he's a hothead and lets his emotions get the best of him and cost his team.

Suns and bench clearing no different and cost the Suns. not to mention, there were 2 recovery games where GSW was up 3-2 to close out the Cavs. enough with the excuses - go back to MJ 1-9 dissertations.

regardless...the true rig job of any playoff series is the Kings/Lakers...nothing comes close to this, ever
r15mohd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 05:15 PM   #59
3ball
NBA Legend
 
3ball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 16,951
Default Re: Do we all agree that Kyrie in the 2016 playoffs/finals was the greatest 1b in history

Quote:
Originally Posted by r15mohd
silver sure did tell Draymond to keep kicking at nuts...all playoffs long Draymond brought that on himself, he's a hothead and lets his emotions get the best of him and cost his team.

Suns and bench clearing no different and cost the Suns. not to mention, there were 2 recovery games where GSW was up 3-2 to close out the Cavs. enough with the excuses - go back to MJ 1-9 dissertations.

regardless...the true rig job of any playoff series is the Kings/Lakers...nothing comes close to this, ever
Indeed

But the Draymond suspension changed that series from 5 to 7 games.. that's the consensus among fans, players and media alike
3ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 05:19 PM   #60
r15mohd
College superstar
 
r15mohd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 4,722
Default Re: Do we all agree that Kyrie in the 2016 playoffs/finals was the greatest 1b in history

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3ball
Indeed

But the Draymond suspension changed that series from 5 to 7 games.. that's the consensus among fans, players and media alike

so what about Love being out early in the series - that didn't change it much for the Cavs? it's either it it did, and therefore it's a non-issue to indicate Draymond missing a game is of any relevance/reasoning for result, or it didn't and your notion of Love being the huge impactful player is nothing but agenda-driven b/s

enlighten me with your back-pedaling rhetoric
r15mohd is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:


Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:18 AM.






NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:

NBA Basketball

NBA Rumors

Basketball Blog

NBA Videos

Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
YouTube
















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy