Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    NBA lottery pick

Default Re: DeAndre Jordan would be a Janitor If he wasn't a 7 Footer

Quote Originally Posted by FKAri
    It's amazing how little talent you need to be in the NBA if you have size.
    Also athletism and Jordan is durable as hell. Those are his best qualities.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by midatlantic09
    I was saying this exact same thing the other night while watching a game on tv with my dad. I was like "it's amazing how so many guys who aren't actually good at basketball are playing in the NBA."

That said, while I respect and acknowledge that getting to the NBA as a guard or small forward is very difficult, getting to the league as a big man is a joke these days. Just have the right height and length and be able to move a little bit, and you'll likely end up with a $50+ million contract.

Nah. There are a LOT of big mobile guys who cant make the NBA. Look in other leagues. And more than that are just walking the street. Local dopeboy is like 6'10'' and moves like a forward. Played ball for SC state. Had a game on ESPN years ago he wanted everyone to watch.....then didnt get in. Ended up playing 43 minutes in his only college season and having 4 points and 5 fouls.

It takes less skill to make it when youre big but if anyone the least bit mobile and tall could be Deandre Jordan he wouldnt be the only one doing like 11/14/3 blocks a game and shooting 70% over the last 3 years.

The NBA is full of athletic guys in the 6'10'' range. They still cant do what he does.

How many mobile guys his height cant block shots? A lot. How many cant rebound? A lot.

If you didnt have to be good at basketball, have the mental side, and be dedicated to going hard every night Kwame Brown would have been a LOT better than Deandre. Go read his old scouting reports. Trainers were calling him a more athletic Kevin Garnett in a centers body. Though....to your point...Kwame made 60 million in his career....there are hundreds of bigmen with mobility nobody ever gave a shit about.

Anyway....

Deandre has known he was gonna play basketball since he was 15. He was getting attention as a sophmore in high school. He put his energy to developing there....we dont know what he would be had that not been an option. People always jump to fast food or some other bullshit but he could be anything.

Hell he could be in the Army with half the country gushing over him a couple days ago for veterans day.

Or if he were just shorter...he could be Tony Allen. If he had similar relative athletic ability....he would still be a great athlete at 6'5''. Great enough that if he worked hard at it as he must to do what he does(I hope nobody thinks getting 15 rebounds a night is easy when youre athletic)....he might still be in the NBA.

And if he were not....so what? Plenty of historically famous people have a day to day useless talent and get to live a great life because of it. Actors arent really...bettering the world. 100 engineers nobody cares about did more to help humanity than even a genius like Mozart. People who manage to apply their skills to entertain have little real value to society but they get paid because we value entertainment.

He used his natural gifts. And he did a better job of it than many others who had them. Anyone seen Marcus Haislip lately?

6'10'' about 230 as a rookie jumping out the gym...here he is destroying Kmart:

Out of the NBA at 24. Been gone for 10 years.

Takes more than being big and having hops.

Deandre is better at basketball.

Plowking you should focus on losing some weight rather than try to muster up the few brain cells you have to come up with something like that last pathetic reply

Yet again, you can't even keep up with a simple ISH conversation. I'm not far off that toilet cleaning comment. You might be well suited to be DeAndre's assistance you fat inept tub of lard.