Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Banned

Default espn calls kobe most overpaid. jim buss calls espn a collection of uneducated clowns

keeping kobe is top priority - jim buss

basically signing a blank check and telling kobe to pick his salary next year.

i wonder why?

maybe because jim buss knows business. and the reason euro clubs were offering him and lebron 50-80 million dollar contracts a few years ago is because they know the actual value of an elite brand name

theres only 2 alpha names in the nba that can get that kind of money and have that kind of drawing power. and kobe is one of them

not even kevin durant or anyone else are on that level. kobe is one of the only 2 players that can keep a franchise over or around a billion dollars net worth and top 5 in jersey sales/revinue/ticket sales home and away.

jim knows that even if the lakers stink. kobe will make it all better.

he would rather have him than a collection of stars if he had to pick between the 2

he's not dumb.

kobe and lebron are the 2 most underpaid players in the league. they turn out a billion dollars worth of total worldwide brand profit every year for their city/team/side brands

20-30 million is pennys for guys like that. and the fact that espn thinks otherwise proves why nobody takes them seriously anymore

Default Re: espn calls kobe most overpaid. jim buss calls espn a collection of uneducated clowns

ok

Good High School Starter

Default Re: espn calls kobe most overpaid. jim buss calls espn a collection of uneducated clowns

I agree with both.
    Kobe is the most overpaid, and ESPN is a collection of uneducated clowns.

I think ESPN meant in terms of player production.

Quote Originally Posted by Haymaker
    The guy just had a 27/6/6 season on pretty good efficiency. If he can average 22-25/5/5 on decent efficiency, he's worth it.

ESPN writers have the combined IQ of a dead chipmunk.

Quote Originally Posted by aj1987
    The guy just had a 27/6/6 season on pretty good efficiency. If he can average 22-25/5/5 on decent efficiency, he's worth it.

ESPN writers have the combined IQ of a dead chipmunk.
    When you compare his stats and impact with Lebron and compare their salaries (Kobe 30 mil, Lebron 19 mil) He's overpaid. I'm no Kobe hater and even less a Lebron dick rider.

Ridiculous. How about Joe Johnson, who has the fifth biggest contract, Emeka Okafor with the 25th, Hedo with the 44th? How about the players who get paid even though they don't actually play?

Quote Originally Posted by BoutPractice
    Ridiculous. How about Joe Johnson, who has the fifth biggest contract, Emeka Okafor with the 25th, Hedo with the 44th? How about the players who get paid even though they don't actually play?
    Like Kobe?

Very good NBA starter

pretty sure your obsession with Kobe goes beyond basketball, so....

pay him 30 million and have a shitty team. Win win for everyone

Banned

30 M per year for a glorious 7th seed with the most stacked team in the league since 04 lakers. pound for pound worst contract in the league except arenas.

Very good NBA starter

Kobe makes the Lakers far more than he gets paid and that's even factoring in luxury tax.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Haymaker

so ... 1st team all nba isnt worthy of a max contract?

pretty sure michael jordan in 1998 made 33 million with 28/5/3 on 46%

kobe last year made 29 million with 27/6/5 on 46%

infact everyone says 34 year old kobe was on a higher level

kobe was widely considered the 3rd or 4th best player last season

just because lebron is underpaid doesnt mean kobe is overpaid

it was lebrons choice to take a paycut so he could ring chase

kobe earned his 30 mill by sticking with the same franchise for 18 years

lebron should take notes

he's not the most overpaid. but definitely is overpaid. you could justify the salary in his prime. but not now.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by I<3NBA
    he's not the most overpaid. but definitely is overpaid. you could justify the salary in his prime. but not now.
    This.