Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Klay Thompson gets 4 year max with Warriors

Not the worst. Bogut, Iggy and Curry all expire at the same time, not to mention Lee expiring the year before, so it still leaves room to re-sign Curry and keep adding pieces, plus it obviously keeps the squad together in the short term too. With the deals guys like Hayward and Parsons got, i'd take Thompson on the Warriors in that range too if I had to.

Mozart Basketball no pun intended's Avatar

lmao he isn't even that good...

Next Great White Hope QuebecBaller's Avatar

Why every players think they deserve a max contract??????

Quote Originally Posted by QuebecBaller
    Why every players think they deserve a max contract??????
    "Cause he got X amount and i'm a better player than him, so I deserve Y amount more".

Don't think he is worth that much personally

Dunking on everybody in the park

Great deal, cheaper and better than Harden. With the new TV deal he will be a bargain in a couple years. more than 3 team will pay him max this summer anyway, all it takes is one.

Quote Originally Posted by pnyozzzoo
    Great deal, cheaper and better than Harden. With the new TV deal he will be a bargain in a couple years. more than 3 team will pay him max this summer anyway, all it takes is one.
    There's nothing cheaper or better about his deal.

Harden averages 26, 5, 5 and is making 14.7.

Thompson averaged 18, 3, 2 and is making 17.5m
    Last edited by UK2K; 10-31-2014 at 06:27 PM.

Best SG in the league today.

Totally worth it. He was ballin' on Team USA and will only get better.

wow. awful deal

give me monta over klay.. and the dude makes 8 million.

Why'd we have a lock-out again?

It's unfortunate that all these b/c level guys are getting max contracts or near max contracts.

I can't see how this is going to stop in the near future.

Guy's like Parsons, Kawhi, Klay, etc are all in the same group. These MF'er's do NOT deserve the max man. back in the 90's and early 00's, these cats would be LUCKY to sniff 8 figures!!!!!!!! let alone the damn max!

This is irritating me man.

Damn morons. seriously. Max contracts and max level pay needs to be restricted to like 30 guys. Top 30. Even then, that might be too many.

Maybe top 10 or something but then who decides which guy can get max?
    IDK. They need to find a way. I'm not saying, players should get sniffed but seriously, in a world where Klay is getting damn near 18 mil a year, and Nick Young is getting 4?? I mean, you can obviously say that klay is better but to say that he is 4.5 times the player that nick young isss??? lmaoo. C'mon man. I think Nick put up the same amount of points.

I'm not saying players shouldn't get thier money, but damn, when some guys aren't even sniffing 1 mil? Klay's Max should be like 12 mil. He should be MORE than happy with that. He aint no superstar.

NBA sixth man of the year NugzFan's Avatar

Excellent deal!

For klay.

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
    DeMar, Stephenson, and Beal.

I don't even think Klay has that much potential, to be honest. It was pretty clear DeMar was better than him last season. Stephenson and Beal can be debated, although I would think I would give the edge to Klay over both of them. Beal is the closest in terms of having a similar game to Klay, but he's already had a number of injuries to his body and isn't as efficient of a player.

Last season, he was at least Top 5. This year ? Probably competing higher for that. Don't see him ever being the best SG in the game.
    DeMar is the only one who you can really argue for, and as much a homer I am, Klay outplayed him in the World Cup. DeMar was huge for us last year but Klay has been pretty huge for a really good Warriors team. DeRozan might be slightly better because of his offensive versatility but Klay is howing signs he can become equally as versatile.

I don't think Beal is debatable at all. Klay is longer and a better shooter and hits at a higher volume and from various areas on the floor. Beal has great athleticism and probably the highest potential of all of them because of his ability/potential to play some point as well and be an initiator on offense but right now I don't think he's that close to the other three.

Stephenson might very well be the best of them all but he hasn't shown it yet. I can only go off what I've seen from him and what i've seen is he is pretty inconsistent, although he probably has the best NBA body and passing ability of them all.

Again, there are debates to be had, but no one you can argue that is definitively better. The whole point is that players get paid according to their market value. That's what their agents are paid to do, rank them against comparable players and leverage that as a way to ensure they get paid. DeRozan will get the max on his next contract because of that. That's why Klay did as well. That's why Alec Burks is getting 10 mil a year. Not because they have done something extraordinary, but because in general the current SG crop is weak in the NBA which means they'd be in high demand if they hit unrestricted free agency, or even restricted free agency.

goddamn imagine what curry is gonna get

well atleast we get to keep thompson who even though is vastly overpaid is a really damn good player.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Quote Originally Posted by UK2K
    There's nothing cheaper or better about his deal.

Harden averages 26, 5, 5 and is making 14.7.

Thompson averaged 18, 3, 2 and is making 17.5m
    Harden will make more than 15 next year, and klay will not get 17.5 till next year.
    Harden wont average 26,5,5 and klay is a better 2 way player.
    Harden's negative defense player actually gives opp free point so he be like 26-8= 18 about his actually net gain for his team winning points.
    Well klay is definitely a positive defender so his actually influence on point will be like 18+4 = 22. Better than Harden easily.

He plays off ball which is great because there are so many on ball max player in the league wing player wise. There are easily more teams need a player like Clay than Harden. For example:

For spurs Clay replace Danny Green will make spurs a better team easily better than Harden.
    For Thunder Clay replace who ever play Sg will be better than Harden.
    For Clipper Clay replace JJ is better than Harden.
    For Cavs Clay replace waiter is better than Harden.
    For bulls Clay....

you get the point now? so many max star play on ball on all top contender makes clay's off ball and D so valuable esp. in the play off. Well Harden's chucking, iso, dribbling ball hog does not mesh well with any top contender.
    There fore he is better and cheaper.