Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Can we stop listing Lebron's rebound numbers?

Quote Originally Posted by KnittingRyu
    The main reason I am not impressed by his rebounds is because he is rarely battling for them. He just runs in and grabs his rebounds when others are boxing out. They are Jason Kidd style rebounds, not Dennis Rodman.
    true, the often ignite fast breaks though

Banned

what a surprise. someone posting a topic i've brought up dozens of times

i've said this so many times its boring to me now

lebron is only a good rebounder when being compared with kobe/jordan

2 guys who are natural shooting guard bodies

vs

bran. who is a natural power forward body

lebron at his biggest was chocked down as around 6-9, 274 pounds

his 6-8, 240 nonsense was a listing given out when the dude was 18 years old

anyone that big who can jump higher than any apposing PF should get 10+ rpg

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffin
    what a surprise. someone posting a topic i've brought up dozens of times

i've said this so many times its boring to me now

lebron is only a good rebounder when being compared with kobe/jordan

2 guys who are natural shooting guard bodies

vs

bran. who is a natural power forward body

lebron at his biggest was chocked down as around 6-9, 274 pounds

his 6-8, 240 nonsense was a listing given out when the dude was 18 years old

anyone that big who can jump higher than any apposing PF should get 10+ rpg
    Last year he grabbed less contested rebounds than Kobe tho.

So, according to retards like OP, LeBron should grab 10+ rebounds a game, average 30+ PPG, have a TS of 60%+, average Magic like assist numbers, and play DPOY level defense? :roll eyes:

Shit thread is shit. Dude averages 7 in the RS and 9 in the PO's, while being an elite scorer and playmaker, and an elite defender (pre '14).

I get superstar calls j3lademaster's Avatar

Rebounding numbers are only impressive if team rebounding improves when that player steps on the court. Not trying to say having a sf who can grab boards isn't a nice luxury, but it is the most replaceable stat for your playmaking superstar.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by j3lademaster
    Rebounding numbers are only impressive if team rebounding improves when that player steps on the court. Not trying to say having a sf who can grab boards isn't a nice luxury, but it is the most replaceable stat for your playmaking superstar.
    Everyone ignores the stats I posted which show that Lebron barely grabs any contested rebounds, less than Andrea Bargnani.

These are usually defensive rebounds that are not contested by the opposite teams who don't crash the boards but run home.

They're rebounds which any other player could grab with little difference in outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by 90sgoat
    Exactly.

And Lebron is all defensive rebounds. Any big guy can grab defensive boards by blockout alone, it really is no great feature.

6.5 rpg is weak sauce.
    harder to get orebounds playing on the perimeter. See: Kevin Love's career Orbd%'s

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

That you manage to downplay his rebounding due to size and still downplay his playmaking which is absurd for anyone near his size isnt unexpected....but im surprised you do them so close together in the same topic.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    That you manage to downplay his rebounding due to size and still downplay his playmaking which is absurd for anyone near his size isnt unexpected....but im surprised you do them so close together in the same topic.
    He gets fewer contested rebounds than Andrea Bargnani. Do you agree that is weak and straight lazy?

I don't think Lebron being a playmaker is an optimal strategy (thanks 3ball), I am old school and think Lebron should play power forward with his size. If he had a half decent low post game and mid range jumper he would be unstoppable and much more influential than as a SF.

LeBron in 2015 grabbed 74.5% rebounds per opportunity, that's better than the NBA's leading rebounder, DeAndre Jordan (73.6%).

Everyone ignores the stats I posted which show that Lebron barely grabs any contested rebounds, less than Andrea Bargnani.

These are usually defensive rebounds that are not contested by the opposite teams who don't crash the boards but run home.

They're rebounds which any other player could grab with little difference in outcome.
    Ofcourse not. He's trying to conserve energy to pad the rest of the stats. The guy runs 0.5 miles less per 48 minutes than the role players, and he exerts little to no energy on contested boards.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

If he had a half decent low post game and mid range jumper he would be unstoppable and much more influential than as a SF.
    While there are certainly areas James could improve upon I am amazed whenever someone writes something like this about a guy with 4 MVP awards. How many players have 4 or more MVPs? I figure Jordan and Magic definitely and then maybe Wilt, Kareem, and Mikan? Whoever's dopne it the list is extremely short so trivializing the career of someone on this list just doesn't make sense. You're basically saying if they aren't the greatest player of all time then they're a failure.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    While there are certainly areas James could improve upon I am amazed whenever someone writes something like this about a guy with 4 MVP awards. How many players have 4 or more MVPs? I figure Jordan and Magic definitely and then maybe Wilt, Kareem, and Mikan? Whoever's dopne it the list is extremely short so trivializing the career of someone on this list just doesn't make sense. You're basically saying if they aren't the greatest player of all time then they're a failure.
    Media BS award.

Finals MVP or go home. He has 2 rings and needed a top 3 all time SG to do it.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Ah the often repeated media award claim...

Tell me...what group of idiots would give the MVP to someone else when Lebron puts up like 27/8/7 on 57% shooting with 41% from 3 and wins 66 games with 27 in a row?

Or 30/9/7 on those Cleveland teams that won 66 and 61 games with as little talent as has ever been taken to such records?

Who does these things and doesnt...win MVP?

You could argue someone else that year Kobe led the lakers to like 65....but realistically no group of people...media, players, coaches or GMs.....gives anyone else those awards. Not 3 of them at least. So why does it matter who voted?

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    Ah the often repeated media award claim...

Tell me...what group of idiots would give the MVP to someone else when Lebron puts up like 27/8/7 on 57% shooting with 41% from 3 and wins 66 games with 27 in a row?

Or 30/9/7 on those Cleveland teams that won 66 and 61 games with as little talent as has ever been taken to such records?

Who does these things and doesnt...win MVP?

You could argue someone else that year Kobe led the lakers to like 65....but realistically no group of people...media, players, coaches or GMs.....gives anyone else those awards. Not 3 of them at least. So why does it matter who voted?
    What does it matter?

Steve Nash won it twice and crumbled in the playoffs.

The modern game, the regular season is just training camp, doesn't matter at all.

It's like you guys just won't accept that fact that maybe Lebron could be MORE valuable with 10+ rebounds and 2 less apg?

25-14-5 would be better than his current numbers. Spend some more time on defense too.

Alas, you still have not answered the fact that Lebron last year had less contested rebounds than James Harden, Kobe and Andrea Bargnanin. That is not just below average, it is WEAK. Lebron got less contested rebounds than James Haren.

What's the point then of Lebrons 7 or so rebounds, if they are just the kind anyone can grab because the other team is running home and not crashing the boards?

Why have this massive man playing if he doesn't use his size where it matters in the post and on the offensive glass?

2/6 thats why.