Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Decent college freshman eeeeeebro's Avatar

Default if you had a choice to draft jordan or lebron

I know everyone is gonna say jordan BUT i wanna know why anyone picks lebron over him

Default Re: if you had a choice to draft jordan or lebron

Not knowing how their careers would turn out?

That is a tough one. In this era you probably draft MJ. In the 80's, you probably draft LeBron

Banned

i honestly would draft lebron

because hes 31 years old. and jordans 52

i can still get 7-8 seasons out of lebron. and at most 15-20 minutes out of jordan before he enters cardiac arrest

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ralph_i_el

That is a tough one. In this era you probably draft MJ. In the 80's, you probably draft LeBron

only time i'd consider drafting prime lebron over jordan would be during the 50s and 60's

and thats cause neither guy would have to take a single shot outside of 2 feet. and prime lebron is slightly better at attacking the rim

plus he could probably give me more rebounds at power forward

70s, 80s, 90s, 00s, 10s i take jordan

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

if we have no idea how their careers turn out, its LeBron easily.. as he was the better more talented prospect taken first over wade, melo, bosh, etc. A no name center got picked over Jordan. Can you imagine Darko getting picked over Lebron?

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffin
    only time i'd consider drafting prime lebron over jordan would be during the 50s and 60's

and thats cause neither guy would have to take a single shot outside of 2 feet. and prime lebron is slightly better at attacking the rim

plus he could probably give me more rebounds at power forward

70s, 80s, 90s, 00s, 10s i take jordan
    Why would you be drafting them in their primes? The entire point of asking this question is that it isn't "Who is better, MJ or Bron". The question is "Who would you pick in the NBA draft when they were still a prospect"

Banned

Why would you be drafting them in their primes? The entire point of asking this question is that it isn't "Who is better, MJ or Bron". The question is "Who would you pick in the NBA draft when they were still a prospect"

well then i guess in order for lebron to be my choice it would have to come at the very first year the nba existed.

only way i could avoid a real era and risk having to make lebron take jumpers

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    if we have no idea how their careers turn out, its LeBron easily.. as he was the better more talented prospect taken first over wade, melo, bosh, etc. A no name center got picked over Jordan. Can you imagine Darko getting picked over Lebron?
    Sam Bowie was far from being a no name player at the time....assuming that's which Center you're referring to.

If the draft was held in 1984, the logical decision is MJ.

If it's held in 2003.....James would get the nod due to is age and NBA ready-ness
    Last edited by Hey Yo; 09-14-2015 at 09:30 PM.

Decent college freshman

Bosh wasn't getting that much hype out of College IIRC. Wade also wasn't predicted to go as high as #5 was expected to be in the 7-10 Range.

Sam Bowie was not a no name center at the time. Plus the Blazers already had Drexler and it made no sense to draft Jordan.

Championship or bust Cali Syndicate's Avatar

Both had elite athleticism but lebron as a teenager was already as big and strong as most wing players in the L. Lebron also had tremendous court vision. MJ was probably overall more polished coming into the draft playing under Dean Smith but Lebron's potential puts his value probably a few notches above MJ.

I remember watching bron at the high school Mcdonalds all star american game, before 99% of ish even knew who he was. As I watched the game I said to myself wow, I've never seen a player with this level of court vision at such a young age...and at that point, I had pretty much seen it all. This kid is going to be special and could very well become the GOAT. Little did I know that he would turn into a colluding ring chaser that is now 2/6, and lacked that Jordan killer instinct. It truly was a wasted opportunity to become the GOAT and it shows what tremendous impact your upbringing can have on your attainable peak, regardless of how much talent or drive you have.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wade's Rings
    Bosh wasn't getting that much hype out of College IIRC. Wade also wasn't predicted to go as high as #5 was expected to be in the 7-10 Range.

Sam Bowie was not a no name center at the time. Plus the Blazers already had Drexler and it made no sense to draft Jordan.
    he was no more of a somebody than Darko was.. maybe a bit more proven but players don't get drafted 1 or 2 and not be considered good at the time theyre drafted. I'm referring to what they panned out to be. Darko could've been next great euro based on his potential at the time.. wasn't the case.

But bron would get picked over either darko or bowie.

Decent college freshman

he was no more of a somebody than Darko was.. maybe a bit more proven but players don't get drafted 1 or 2 and not be considered good at the time theyre drafted. I'm referring to what they panned out to be. Darko could've been next great euro based on his potential at the time.. wasn't the case.

But bron would get picked over either darko or bowie.
    You also have to consider the fact that Portland already had Drexler. If tthey didn't have Drexler, than the Bowie draft probably never happens.

the logical answer is if you already have one of the few top-tier elite shooting guards. if you have a kobe or ginobili you get more out of your team by drafting an elite player at another position no? otherwise you don't want to pass up on the GOAT

the guy who actually passes and makes his team better.