Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Is LeBron James the only player that can play/start all 5 positions?

I thought this opinion had well and truly been put to rest by now.

We've seen he can't guard quicker guards
    We've seen he can't guard post players
    We've seen he can't guard the teams best player even when they play the same position

He's the best in the league, great player, but stop spewing bullshit for once.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Default Re: Is LeBron James the only player that can play/start all 5 positions?

Quote Originally Posted by ralph_i_el
    Draygod might have caught a 3 seconds in the paint foul there. It was close. It's fairly easy for most NBA players to score 1-on-1 when they catch the ball inside the restricted area...
    Dude is saying that if Lebron can supposedly play center he wouldn't be getting his lunch eaten by 6'5" dudes that suck at offense like Draymond Green.

I don't think there really is a player that can truly start at all five positions. Four is the max. Bron's problem would be guarding the big dominant centers. Or the PF's with a center's size like a Duncan. Overall, I think these guys are the closest ones that can play FOUR POSITIONS! Four positions should really be the barometer and not five:

Bron
    KG
    Magic
    Pippen
    G Hill
    Anthony Mason
    Odom
    Kukoc
    Durant
    Greek Freak
    Draymond

I'm sure there are some other guys potentially, but these guys were on the top of my head. When u factor in defense, it makes Bron, KG, Pippen, Mason, Dray, and Hill standout even more. All of them can defend LEGIT more positions WELL than guys like Magic, Kukoc, or Odom.

Local High School Star

Oh god the future Wilt stories

'LeBron once started at 5 positions, whilst coaching, with a side of commentary, all while being time keeper'

Quote Originally Posted by Fudge
    AND be successful at it?

I can't think of anybody else.

Big Lebron fan here, but even I don't think he can. I'd say he can play 2/6 positions.

Quote Originally Posted by sportjames23
    Big Lebron fan here, but even I don't think he can. I'd say he can play 2/6 positions.
    This place has zero originality find better jokes.

Quote Originally Posted by bizil
    I don't think there really is a player that can truly start at all five positions. Four is the max. Bron's problem would be guarding the big dominant centers. Or the PF's with a center's size like a Duncan. Overall, I think these guys are the closest ones that can play FOUR POSITIONS! Four positions should really be the barometer and not five:

Bron
    KG
    Magic
    Pippen
    G Hill
    Anthony Mason
    Odom
    Kukoc
    Durant
    Greek Freak
    Draymond

I'm sure there are some other guys potentially, but these guys were on the top of my head. When u factor in defense, it makes Bron, KG, Pippen, Mason, Dray, and Hill standout even more. All of them can defend LEGIT more positions WELL than guys like Magic, Kukoc, or Odom.

Kawhi getting there too

Quote Originally Posted by TripleA
    This place has zero originality find better jokes.

You might wanna bounce your monkey ass outta here then. ISH ain't the place for originality.

I'd say he would make a pretty good mascot as well

Banned

kevin durant is the closest thing

hes a 6-11 shooting guard for god sake

ive seen him bring the ball up the floor a bunch

hes got ok handles

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak

I thought this opinion had well and truly been put to rest by now.

We've seen he can't guard quicker guards
    We've seen he can't guard post players
    We've seen he can't guard the teams best player even when they play the same position

He's the best in the league, great player, but stop spewing bullshit for once.
    What else do you expect insecure stans to do but to start reaching? To admit that Lebron is 2/6 or something?

Let's Talks Numbers 34-24 Footwork's Avatar

Stans consistently and desperately looking for "alternative" criteria other than winning to propel his status.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Fudge's Avatar

I still can't think of any other players.

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffin
    kevin durant is the closest thing

hes a 6-11 shooting guard for god sake

ive seen him bring the ball up the floor a bunch

hes got ok handles
    Durant qualifies for sure! Once he improved his passing and rebounding ability, it made him a guy who could play four positions. When he first came in the league, he was more of a guy who could play SF and SG. I think u could make the case that Durant has the BEST handles of any player 6'10 and up of all time!

I think Durant is more versatile