Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Default True or False: Michael Jordan would have lost to these men in the Finals

assuming he has a supporting cast of thompson/mozgov/shump/delly
    Last edited by JerrySeinfeld; 09-12-2015 at 02:34 AM.

Default Re: Yes or No: Michael Jordan would have lost to these men in the Finals

Yes, you give Jordan the Cavs roster without Kyrie/Love and he loses the Finals as well

Default Re: Yes or No: Michael Jordan would have lost to these men in the Finals

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents
    Yes, you give Jordan the Cavs roster without Kyrie/Love and he loses the Finals as well
    I'm guessing you're too young to have even watched Kobe play, let alone Michael.

The greats didn't lose 4/6 championship series in the past.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents
    you do realize that had lebron shot even just 37% beyond 5 feet. the cavs probly would have won the title

but he shot 27%... and thats all she wrote

Banned

Default Re: True or False: Michael Jordan would have lost to these men in the Finals

when are lebron fans gonna realize just how much their hero left on the table.

lebron had top 10 all time potential

he should have won in 2011 ( quit )

he should have won in 2014 ( i dont care what people say. a role player as finals mvp, 40 year old tim duncan? common... kobe beat way better versions of timmy 4 times before with less of a team than the colluders )

and he should have won in 2015 ( like i said... if he shoots even a half a**'d percentage the cavs win )

at most he can say 2007 he had no chance..

and 2013 he gave away all prestige by letting ray allen make the season saving shot instead of making it himself

if he just:

a) trys in 2011
    B) makes the shot in 2013
    c) doesnt let a rookie get in his head in 2014
    d) shoots better than a blind man in 2015

hes looking at 5 rings in 6 nba finals, 4 finals mvps and a top 3-4 all time career

but he f*cked it all up
    Last edited by kennethgriffin; 09-12-2015 at 02:52 AM.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by JerrySeinfeld
    I'm guessing you're too young to have even watched Kobe play, let alone Michael.

The greats didn't lose 4/6 championship series in the past.

Kobe has never won without having a teir one dominant big on his team.. With that team Kobe wouldn't even make the finals.. Not a chance in hell. I don't even like lebron but no way Kobe carries that team as far as him

Local High School Star MoBe1Kanobi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by toxicxr6
    Kobe has never won without having a teir one dominant big on his team.. With that team Kobe wouldn't even make the finals.. Not a chance in hell. I don't even like lebron but no way Kobe carries that team as far as him
    Yea and kobe never played with a tier 1 dominant wing (mo will, dwade, bosh/love(inside&out), uncle drew, jr smith, shump) EVER in his career

He had caron butler (which he vastly improved his entire game under kobe and boosted his career), smush, stone feet dfish, luke walton, devean george

At best he had LO who was a forever passive and bad 2nd option but finally thrived as a co 2nd option playmaker with pau both behind kobe

While LeXcuse is out here playing with top 3 shooting guards ever in their prime and the GOAT ballhandler and big money time #1 option kyrie (see spurs this yr, game 1 at GS) and then finds the time to make a forgotten 24 & 14 level player absolutely obsolete

Sometimes i wonder

Oh how fun it is to be LeXcuse

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Default Re: True or False: Michael Jordan would have lost to these men in the Finals

Let's not forget an important point - the Warriors 2 best players (Curry, Klay) had easy matchups in the 2015 Finals - they easily outplayed Delladova, Shumpert, and JR Smith.. But both would be significantly outplayed by MJ... This is a big difference - against Lebron's team, those guys go off.. But against MJ, it's a completely different dynamic where those guys are now getting significantly outplayed by Jordan.

Make no mistake - Jordan would've guarded Curry A LOT.

A lot of people think Pippen guarded PG's - this is false - the only time Pippen was the primary defender on a PG was in the 1998 Eastern Conference Finals when he guarded the slowest PG in the league - Mark Jackson - that's the ONLY time Pippen was ever the primary defender on a PG.

Otoh, Jordan ALWAYS guarded the other team's best backcourt player, whether it was the PG or SG.. He was frequently the PRIMARY DEFENDER on Isiah Thomas, Kevin Johnson, Rod Strickland, Gary Payton, John Stockton, etc.

So again - Curry and Klay got to run roughshod over the Cavs backcourt - but against MJ's team, they would both get significantly outplayed and intimidated by MJ.. It would be a completely different series... Of course, the backcourt mismatch doesn't even address the elephant in the room - with Blatt giving MJ the same clearouts that Lebron got, MJ would shoot well over 50% for the series, like he did against Phoenix in 1993, when he faced incessant double-teaming.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

Jerry is always funny...

Tolerant Liberals

Replace mozgov with prime pau gasol and its a damn near sweep.

Replace shumpert with pippen and they sweet for sure.

Prime shaq? ***** please

First 3-peat Jordan MIGHT win. If he could get one more game and get it to a game 7 I like his chances.

Second 3-peat Jordan, no chance.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by GrapeApe
    First 3-peat Jordan MIGHT win. If he could get one more game and get it to a game 7 I like his chances.

Second 3-peat Jordan, no chance.
    What do you mean 'one more game'? You're assuming Jordan could win 2 games in the first place, which is a false assumption, he would need to average 42/12/8 like LeBron did, which Jordan is incapable of.

I hate talking bad about Jordan, but here comes a limit where he just isnt good enough to win a game let alone the 2 Lebron won

Quote Originally Posted by dubeta
    What do you mean 'one more game'? You're assuming Jordan could win 2 games in the first place, which is a false assumption, he would need to average 42/12/8 like LeBron did, which Jordan is incapable of.

I hate talking bad about Jordan, but here comes a limit where he just isnt good enough to win a game let alone the 2 Lebron won
    You do realize first 3-peat Jordan is peak Jordan, the greatest version of the greatest player ever. There has literally never been a player to set foot on a basketball court better than that version of Jordan (sorry Wilt stans). That version of Jordan isn't incapable of ANYTHING that Lebron can do.

I also love how you conveniently omit Lebron's fg%.
    Last edited by GrapeApe; 09-12-2015 at 10:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dubeta

I am a HUGE Jordan stan, but you are absolutely right.
    Truth is MJ would never even get close to the Finals with last season's Cavs. We know this because of his pathetic 1-9 playoff record without a quality second option to run an optimal offense.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by GrapeApe
    You do realize first 3-peat Jordan is peak Jordan, the greatest version of the greatest player ever. There has literally never been a player to set foot on a basketball court better than that version of Jordan (sorry Wilt stans). That version of Jordan isn't incapable of ANYTHING that Lebron can do.

I also love how you conveniently omit Lebron's fg%.
    Define 'greatest', greatest scorer ever? Arguably top 5 for sure

But how exactly will Jordan replacate LeBrons 12 rebounds and 9 assists?

Along with the Fact that LeBron scored 123 points in the first 4 games, the most in Finals history

The most Jordan ever averaged in the Finals is 40, then what? He scores the same as LeBron, with half the rebounds and assists

Cavs get swept