Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast
    Great college starter ThePhantomCreep's Avatar

Default Re: My honest opinion on Stephen A, Donald S and J Collins

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    Why do you assume that this isn't completely appropriate? Maybe black kids behave worse than other kids. What should you do? Not punish them for the sake of making statistics look "equal"?

Black children also disproportionately come from broken homes. Is it really shocking that kids who are disproportionately from single parent, lower income broken homes would have behavioural problems more than other kids?
    Gee, I dunno. Maybe because I've skimmed through this.

Yes, suspending four-year old black children at a far higher rate is completely appropriate. GTHOH. They're f**king four.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantomCreep
    Gee, I dunno. Maybe because I've skimmed through this.

Yes, suspending four-year old black children at a far higher rate is completely appropriate. GTHOH. They're f**king four.
    Then why aren't you arguing that NO four year olds should be suspended?

institutional racism
    Web definitions
    Institutional racism describes any kind of system of inequality based on race. It can occur in institutions such as public government bodies, private business corporations, and universities.

What I was referring to.
    The word "racism" is intentionally ambiguous. In reality, it doesn't mean anything.

Then why aren't you arguing that NO four year olds should be suspended?
    Because in some case it's warranted? I don't buy the disparity though. We're talking about children that are barely past the toddler stage.

Another variation on the same theme:

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/...04463789858002

Prison sentences of black men were nearly 20% longer than those of white men for similar crimes in recent years, an analysis by the U.S. Sentencing Commission found. In its report, the commission recommended that federal judges give sentencing guidelines more weight, and that appeals courts more closely scrutinize sentences that fall beyond them (Translation: stop giving blacks harsher sentences for the same crime).

But...the OP might catch more flak for making racist statements than minorities. He's being held back, poor dear!

Because in some case it's warranted? I don't buy the disparity though. We're talking about children that are barely past the toddler stage.

Prison sentences of black men were nearly 20% longer than those of white men for similar crimes in recent years, an analysis by the U.S. Sentencing Commission found. In its report, the commission recommended that federal judges give sentencing guidelines more weight, and that appeals courts more closely scrutinize sentences that fall beyond them (Translation: stop giving blacks harsher sentences for the same crime).

But...the OP might catch more flak for making racist statements than minorities. He's being held back, poor dear!
    I thought racism can only be structural? What the hell is a "racist statement"?

And, the 20% longer sentences for "similar crimes" is purposely deceptive. No mention of things like blacks being repeat offenders more often than others. Of course a repeat offender will get a longer sentence than a first timer.

Institutional racism is real, but that specific disparity can be attributed to more African Americans being repeat offenders (although the previous offenses could be attributed to institutional racism)

Quote Originally Posted by ralph_i_el
    Institutional racism is real, but that specific disparity can be attributed to more African Americans being repeat offenders (although the previous offenses could be attributed to institutional racism)
    Yes, because the government is out there framing blacks for crimes so when they do commit real offenses, they can put them away longer for being repeaters.

Yes, because the government is out there framing blacks for crimes so when they do commit real offenses, they can put them away longer for being repeaters.
    Nah but there's stuff like stop and frisk where they only frisk minorities. I know plenty of white dudes who walk around with weed in their pocket who will never be frisked.

I thought racism can only be structural? What the hell is a "racist statement"?

And, the 20% longer sentences for "similar crimes" is purposely deceptive. No mention of things like blacks being repeat offenders more often than others. Of course a repeat offender will get a longer sentence than a first timer.
    And why is this? Because blacks are also disproportionately sought after by the police. Why are blacks ARRESTED (not yet charged) with marijuana possession more than blacks? Whites dont do drugs as much? Not true. Whites do drugs more than blacks.

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/3941346/

Lol. And if you know this, why continue to spout such nonsense?

Quote Originally Posted by 97 bulls
    And why is this? Because blacks are also disproportionately sought after by the police. Why are blacks ARRESTED (not yet charged) with marijuana possession more than blacks? Whites dont do drugs as much? Not true. Whites do drugs more than blacks.

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/3941346/
    Wow. Police focus more attention on people who are statistically 15x more likely to commit violent crimes? That's weird.

Stupid A. taking his radio show to Serius XM so he can talk more freely about blaming women for getting KTFO and bring the white man down.

Future NBA G.O.A.T inclinerator's Avatar

Wow. Police focus more attention on people who are statistically 15x more likely to commit violent crimes? That's weird.

Wouldn't see the vicious cycle if it sat on his face.

NBA rookie of the year

This makes me recall this clip:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0kV_b3IK9M

Equality ... yeah right.