Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Greatest Player of All-Time Before the Age of 30?

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonyeuw
    That's because much of his legacy was ruined by the 95 series against Hakeem( on the flipside, that series and in the big picture the entire 95 playoffs built a good portion of Hakeem's legend).
    That and San Antonio had a successor at his position, who while maybe not as good on an individual level (IMO) became a better winner.

But it is funny how D-Rob's legacy was ruined in the '95 playoffs. Where as Hakeem built his whole legend in basically 2 seasons. The seasons where the GOAT was away from the game.

Consensus Top 20-30 AT Roundball_Rock's Avatar

You both are right. What makes it ironic is Robinson usually got the better of Hakeem in their match ups.

Quote Originally Posted by LAZERUSS
    Excellent post...albeit, Wilt was robbed of MVPs in '62 and '64.
    What happened in those seasons vis-a-vis MVP voting? I am not familiar with them.

Talent-wise and honestly ability-wise, I always viewed Robinson every bit as good as Hakeem and Shaq (maybe outside of 00 Shaq though). Whatever skill or dominant presence he lacked, he made it up with other-wordly athleticism. While I think it is unfair he is judged sometimes almost solely on his 1995 WCF performance, it was an underlying theme in his career that he didn't bring his top game in the biggest stages when the other all time great centers certainly did. And that counts.

He's better than Ewing though. #7 all time center IMO.