Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Chuck Hayes Stan Timmy D for MVP's Avatar

Default Re: My first NBA Podcast

Quote Originally Posted by therammingman
    LOL. It really did not occur to me at all at the time. Next time I'll use a pen without a clicker.

Thanks for the kind words though. Any chance you can tell me what you liked and didnt like? What made you think it was pretty decent overall?
    Yeah sure.

The main thing I think most really bad audio media does, and what I think my problem would be with my friends if we tried something, is bad rhythm. You could be the smartest people on Earth with your topic, but if you have poor rhythm it won't work. Do you have experience with this type of thing in any manner? Or maybe it's just you and your buddy's natural rhythm, but you give each other space to work, and let things breathe.

You are fairly knowledgeable too. This is always important. The major difference between pods and radio, and the reason I switched, is because when I listen to a pod I know for sure that the people on them should be experts in their field. Whereas sports radio they are too broad. I don't want to get frustrated thinking: "No, you're wrong, that is factually wrong." Seeing as how you're here, it's clear that you are more knowledgeable about the NBA than most people. I would HOPE that most people on this forum are but... some obviously are not.

You did sound a little sleepy. Which is why I was able to drift in and out. Not everyone likes the same thing so some might have liked that part. And I in no way suggest false energy, if that's how you guys talk then cool, do that. I'm just saying that my routine podcasts are hosted by big energy guys, or really interesting guys.

The Starters, SuperBestFriendCast, Jalen and Jacoby, B.S. Report, The Lowe Post, and Men In Blazers all have high energy. (All fantastic pods too for anyone interested).

The Football Ramble, StarTalk, Rage Select, and the ContinueCast are all lower energy but have either a very interesting host, or a unique view. (Also good pods, though Rage Select is not really a straight up podcast).

But all of them have great knowledge, and good rhythm. With that basis I think you can succeed in getting people to not turn you off. I download a shit ton of pods to listen to while I'm gaming, or shopping or something. I give everything at least one episodes chance. And based on what you put here I'd give yours a second listening.

National High School Star therammingman's Avatar

Default Re: My first NBA Podcast

Hi Timmy,

I really appreciate all your input and I agree with it all. As far as the excitement factor, I noticed that as well when I went back and listened to it....Thought I think that is an easier fix than most other things.

As long as there isn't something inherently or fundamentally wrong, I think it can improve and may have some potential. As I keep saying, we are trying to think if there is a diff spin, angle, or subject matter to discuss that is currently being ignored....