Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Local High School Star Jerz Netz's Avatar

Default Re: where do the jazz find all these white people

Quote Originally Posted by Chalkmaze
    Or could it be because he was competing with Kentucky Fried Chicken, which was started in Utah?
    thats weird. i thought it started in Kentucky. sounds better than Utah Fried Chicken

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by statman32
    Utah is full of mormans...Mormans just recently(last 20 years) started letting black people become members...Alot of places are also closed on sundays and there are alot of stupid liquor laws...Utah is mainly a white community with racists(even thoughthey might not say they arent)
    I've lived here my whole life... Three of my best friends have dark skin color. I don't care for the mormons, I don't really like the culture and am looking to move out. Yes the mormons had some old doctrine about dark skinned people which has been revised. However... you'll actually find that there is much more of what they call "positive racism" in Salt Lake City, than anything else. People see someone with dark skin color and it actually makes them want to get to know them, what they are about, help them out, be extra friendly or whatever. You are just guessing and coming to your own conclusions, but it's not the way things really are here. I'd also note, that even back in the day when racism was really bad everywhere in America, Utah was not a state that treated those with dark skin badly comparatively speaking.

Quote Originally Posted by knicks15
    do they search for white people or something i mean their 4 best players arent black. im not sure what deron williams is but he doesnt look totally black, boozer might be but he's alaskan, kirilenko, okur. Add in matt harpring.

in my nbawatching career ive only seen a couple of player who would qualify as black. tyrone hill, michael finley, keon clark, manute bol and luol deng. and then some.

also i bet that when your dear ol mother would get mugged by a person any other than a caucasian, you'd tell the police he's black, so i dont really care about these kind of questions.

Banned

MORMONS DON'T WATCH BASKETBALL.

okay??! if Utah were 100% mormons there would not be an NBA franchise there. buy brains.

I don't care for the mormons, I don't really like the culture and am looking to move out.
    hmm maybe black nba free agents feel the same way as you

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by statman32
    hmm maybe black nba free agents feel the same way as you
    Maybe a lot of people from elsewhere feel that way... But, um... I'd definitely love to play for the Jazz, and absolutely would stick around and not think twice if I made the kind of money they did.

Local High School Star

lol what a bunch of politically correct robots you are. u guys must live in a world where ponys roam the streets and everyone is the same color. its like youre trying to not notice the obvious. theres nothing wrong with the jazz getting a lot of whites which just happens to coincide with their population. but i dont know if u can say its just a coincidence. my guess is 5 or 10 years down the road the jazz will still have more whites than normal teams. and this clown loot. if you count a guy who was born in germany and raised in alaska, who just happens to be light skinned, as a run in the mill black guy then maybe u need to open your eyes a little. and deron williams is white and black i believe, also not fully black.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Chalkmaze
    Maybe a lot of people from elsewhere feel that way... But, um... I'd definitely love to play for the Jazz, and absolutely would stick around and not think twice if I made the kind of money they did.
    Nevermind all the other things that make the experience of a black NBA player living in Utah very different from the experience of a black electrician living in Utah.

As an NBA player, you're automatically treated differently. Sure, you'll hear stories of people facing racism in Utah, but NBA players? Has anyone heard a single former Jazz player complain about having racial slurs hurled at him on the street? I mean, Karl Malone has a god-like status in Utah.

As an NBA player, you work for the league, which is a nation-wide organization. You don't face any more workplace discrimination in SLC than you would in Atlanta.

As an NBA player, you spend half of your season on the road. Meaning you don't live in SLC 365 days a year. Nor is anyone forcing you to live there during off-season.

As an NBA player, you make the kind of cash most people can only dream of. Hence, regardless of which city you live in, you probably own a house in an upper-class, affluent neighbourhood which is most likely predominantly white. It's not as if Lamar Odom has a house in Compton. His neighbourhood is as white as any in SLC.

Banned

I saw Rodney King once in Utah, he was trying to aggravate the police so they would beat him up and Rodney can sue, but the Police decided its better to invite him to a party, I was gonna go too but I have a lot of wives to attend too, what's a KKK party? coz that where Rodney is invited.

Rational on Kobe ALlArOuNDPIaya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sizzlehot
    I saw Rodney King once in Utah, he was trying to aggravate the police so they would beat him up and Rodney can sue, but the Police decided its better to invite him to a party, I was gonna go too but I have a lot of wives to attend too, what's a KKK party? coz that where Rodney is invited.
    Sizzle...hot?

Name Stealer!

Quote Originally Posted by geeWiz15
    MORMONS DON'T WATCH BASKETBALL.

okay??! if Utah were 100% mormons there would not be an NBA franchise there. buy brains.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ALlArOuNDPIaya
    Sizzle...hot?

Name Stealer!
    so there's another sizzlehot ont his board?

Quote Originally Posted by SomeBunghole
    Utah is 62% Mormon. SCL is less than 50% Mormon. Wealthy neighbourhoods and suburbs such as Park City, where most of the Jazz players live, are even less Mormon.

Furthermore, there's more non-whites in Utah, percentage wise, than in many of the New England states. I also don't know what liquor laws have to do with racism, or why an NBA player absolutely must be able to get liquored up on a Sunday.

As far as Mormons not letting blacks become members, I have absolutely no idea why this would bother an average black person. Are there that many blacks in the US that desperately want to be Mormons?
    Checkmate.

I usually hit open layups BBallBeatwriter's Avatar

[QUOTE=Targus

Quote Originally Posted by knicks15
    lol what a bunch of politically correct robots you are. u guys must live in a world where ponys roam the streets and everyone is the same color. its like youre trying to not notice the obvious. theres nothing wrong with the jazz getting a lot of whites which just happens to coincide with their population. but i dont know if u can say its just a coincidence. my guess is 5 or 10 years down the road the jazz will still have more whites than normal teams. and this clown loot. if you count a guy who was born in germany and raised in alaska, who just happens to be light skinned, as a run in the mill black guy then maybe u need to open your eyes a little. and deron williams is white and black i believe, also not fully black.
    Did you know that in the days of slavery even if you were 1/8 black you were considered black and could be a slave? It doesn't matter if deron and boozer are half black and white, they are considered black a lot more than they are considered white.