Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Charlotte Hornets Forum

Charlotte Hornets Forum Charlotte Hornets message board forum

Old 05-21-2013, 03:33 AM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation
Default Hornets to be renamed the Charlotte Hornets

Charlotte Bobcats owner Michael Jordan is changing his team's name to the Hornets, said a person familiar with the situation.

The person said Jordan will detail the timetable for the change to be completed at a press conference the Bobcats have scheduled today. The person spoke to the AP on condition of anonymity because the name change has not been publicly announced.

-- AP
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 12:18 PM   #2
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Hornets to be renamed the Charlotte Hornets

Time to change the name of this forum Jeff.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 05:20 AM   #3
treadster
Good High School Starter

treadster has an OK reputation so far

Hornets will be back in 18 months time
treadster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 11:39 AM   #4
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Just got an email from the Bobcats saying if I go ahead and commit to season tickets for 2014-15 I'll get a free Jordan Brand Hornets warm-up jacket.
Old 05-23-2013, 06:07 PM   #5
Quizno
Biyombo Smash!!

Quizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul
Just got an email from the Bobcats saying if I go ahead and commit to season tickets for 2014-15 I'll get a free Jordan Brand Hornets warm-up jacket.
the buzz city one? those are nice

so what do you charlotteans think of the renaming? i picked this team when they were the bobcats so clearly the name wasn't an issue for me...but i'd be lying if i said "charlotte hornets" didn't sound infinitely better. it just fits.
Quizno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 06:34 PM   #6
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

onewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quizno
the buzz city one? those are nice

so what do you charlotteans think of the renaming? i picked this team when they were the bobcats so clearly the name wasn't an issue for me...but i'd be lying if i said "charlotte hornets" didn't sound infinitely better. it just fits.

I'll be sorry to lose the Bobcats name. But then I'm a newcomer and wasn't here when the team was named the Hornets so I don't have the nostalgia.
onewickedlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 09:07 AM   #7
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

I need to see if I can find my old starter jacket up in the attic.

I really didn't care about the name change. I hated the 2 years that we didn't have an NBA team when the Hornets left so I swore I would support any team in town. That being said, if it brings in more fans it'll be a good thing.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: