Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Good college starter Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

Default Heat fans - do you want Cousins as your Hassan replacement? At what cost?

Thinking of this last night w/ Whiteside's pending exit from Miami. And of course, I won't stop these Cousins trade dreams til one happens! So, what do you Heat fans think of these offers? What do you think Riles would think? He and Vlade are ol' chums after all...

Heat get - DeMarcus Cousins + Rudy Gay
    Kings get - Justise Winslow + Josh Richardson + Josh McRoberts + Briante Weber + 2018 1st rnd pick
    or
    Kings get - Goran Dragic + Josh Richardson + Josh McRoberts + 2018 1st rnd pick + 2020 1st rnd pick

Do Heat say no? 1st high bid would be for Winslow. Then if Riles says he's off limits, counter-demand Dragic. Cousins can be whipped into shape by Bosh and Wade. Heat can get Gay to replace Winslow or be a 6th man.

Default Re: Heat fans - do you want Cousins as your Hassan replacement? At what cost?

Horrible value for Cousins.

Default Re: Heat fans - do you want Cousins as your Hassan replacement? At what cost?

Winslow and RIchardson are fantastic young players. Screw that, I'm not trading them for Cousins,

Quote Originally Posted by FireDavidKahn
    Horrible value for Cousins.
    Is it?

Kings would get 2 elite perimeter defenders in Winslow and Richardson, 1 probably a future All-Star, the other has All-Def potential. McRoberts fills a void at the true PF spot, and Kings would get Weber - another good defender, whom Joerger has experience with - to compete for the PG spot (since Kings sure as f*ck aint signing one). ...and a 1st rnder (Kings would most likely have 2 in 2018. Could package or just draft well).

Or if not Winslow and Weber, Kings get their future star PG, while still getting elite defender Richardson. And an extra 1st rnder (assets are assets).

None of that sounds bad for a malcontent child who has won 30+ games in a season just once in his 6 seasons in the league.

edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by lilteapot
    Winslow and RIchardson are fantastic young players. Screw that, I'm not trading them for Cousins,
    agreed - why I want them. but surprisingly, I want Richardson more. Maybe cuz my Uncle is a Vol and I hate Duke...

But anyway, you'd still take the Dragic deal? Your starting 5 would be:

Cousins
    Bosh
    Winslow/Gay
    Wade/Winslow
    ????/Wade?/Weber?

That's still damn good in the East. Just gotta add a PG and a bench. Which I know Riles can do.
    Last edited by Dr. Cheesesteak; 06-29-2016 at 01:16 AM.

Getting rid of Winslow AND J-Rich? Nope. Even in the 2nd scenario, we're giving up too much. I'd rather we just be a mediocre team for a season and hunt for someone in the '17 FA.

How about Dragic/McBob/Filler for Cousins?

Cousins would thrive in a Riley system but you need to surround him with shooters and a couple of playmakers.

Also, I'm not so sure a PF/C as a centerpiece gets it done in today's league.

Quote Originally Posted by aj1987
    Getting rid of Winslow AND J-Rich? Nope. Even in the 2nd scenario, we're giving up too much. I'd rather we just be a mediocre team for a season and hunt for someone in the '17 FA.
    What if I threw in McLemore?

How about Dragic/McBob/Filler for Cousins?
    Thing is, I don't want Gay lol. And I want Richardson baaaad. BUUUUT, depends on that filler. couple 1sts? I'd take it. Cousins for Dragic + McRoberts + 2018 1st + 2020 1st

I rule the local playground Klay 3D's Avatar

I love Cousins' offensive game, but I rather have Whiteside to pair with Bosh for at least 1 more season. Win it all or blow it up after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Cheesesteak
    What if I threw in McLemore?
    That would make things a bit interesting. The defense would suffer significantly though. The offense would be a lot better for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Cheesesteak
    Thing is, I don't want Gay lol. And I want Richardson baaaad. BUUUUT, depends on that filler. couple 1sts? I'd take it. Cousins for Dragic + McRoberts + 2018 1st + 2020 1st
    Again, those 1st round picks would probably hurt the Heat a lot in the long term.

Again, those 1st round picks would probably hurt the Heat a lot in the long term.
    That's why I'm generous and space them out lol. It's not a complete rapage like what the Celts did to the Nets. If it were 2017 and 2018, I could understand if that's balked at. But 2018 and 2020 I feel is still fairly reasonable?

Riles values the future, yeah, but he values the "now" even more, yes? Cousins gives them that. Can you/he make that sacrifice?

I rule the local playground OnFire's Avatar

If hassan leaves i would rather go after the next free agent center options. Would never trade all that for cousins. Why trade the young core of playoffs team for the core of a garbage team?

NBA rookie of the year

Heat owe their 2018 and 2021 first round draft picks to the Phoenix Suns for the Dragic trade. So scratch any deal with the Heat giving picks away.

And no I don't want Cousins for that price. He doesn't move the needle one bit despite his talent.

Quote Originally Posted by PJR
    Heat owe their 2018 and 2021 first round draft picks to the Phoenix Suns for the Dragic trade. So scratch any deal with the Heat giving picks away.

And no I don't want Cousins for that price. He doesn't move the needle one bit despite his talent.
    Then defer it til it's available (looks like it goes unprotected in 2019, I should've researched before. So pre-2020 if Suns get it before then, if not, then 2021 and 2023 lol...). But fine, no trade for you! But the point of him going to Heat is for Bosh and Wade and Riles to make him a needle-mover!

Quote Originally Posted by Im Still Ballin
    Quote Originally Posted by Im Still Ballin
    those aren't the Heat, brah!