Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Titanfall Beta Livestream

very fun

i don't understand the point of the grunts though. they just distract u from the shit that actually matters and aren't hard to kill. game would be fine without them.
    Last edited by Al Thornton; 02-16-2014 at 10:56 PM.

Banned

titanfall is overrated. look at those graphics and titan overload. graphics are bad for a current-gen system.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Al Thornton
    very fun

i don't understand the point of the grunts though. they just distract u from the shit that actually matters and aren't hard to kill. game would be fine without them.
    killing them lowers your titan countdown and they work well for exposing where people are on your radar when they die.

Love Live Life

After playing it over the weekend I'm really not impressed or excited about the game anymore.

It's not groundbreaking or anything that I haven't seen. I did have fun though.

I really wish there were more human players cause the bot are so easy and not really worth the time to engage them.

I also noticed that you can literally sit in one spot and do nothing and still get a titan. I hope they change this.

But atm I don't think it's worth $65 imo. Idk maybe I was just expecting more.

It's not bad at all it just feels like the same ole stuff

Games are $65? Wow.

I had the chance to play the beta a bit on PC, and man, I'm really not feeling it. The bots kill the damn game. They're no challenge and really distracting. Would have been much better by allowing more players. Maybe 10v10 would have sufficed. I mean, come one, it's an online only game and you're telling me you can't do better than 6v6 with bots??

The graphics and overall visuals speak for themselves, very weak effort. For instance, where the hell are bullet holes in the walls? WTF is that about? No idea how people can call Titanfall a true next generation gaming experience. It's just another FPS with gimmicky gameplay.

No idea how anyone can claim this will contend with COD. If it were a yearly thing and most importantly, multi-platform, then yeah, maybe...considering how accessible it is to casual gamers.

Bad execution by those behind marketing and developing Titanfall. Seems like an unfocused effort if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by Draz
    Games are $65? Wow.
    I have no problem paying that tag for new games. But for gamers who like to get their hands on all the new titles, it's must be one expensive hobby. I am selective when it comes to buying games, so I have a few core games I play heavily, and definitely feel I get more than my moneys worth.

Amazon.com is the place to go if you don't want to spend that much. Their games are usually around 50 dollars after about the first month the game is out. And loads of even cheaper options from Amazon's sellers.

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Well I caved and bought it as a pre-order last night. Found a site selling keys for the PC version for $46 and figured this is a game I needed to try.

I'm really surprised by how stable the few games I've tried were. No connection or lag issues at all. My PC that I bought in 2010 handled the game pretty well with most detail settings on high (v-sync off, AA only x2).

Few of my guildies made the plunge but not sure I can justify putting down for it especially with ESO coming in a couple weeks.

I post-up midgets magic chiongson's Avatar

i was quite intrigued but 48gb PC installer due to uncompressed audio? no thanks

http://www.guru3d.com/news_story/tit...explained.html

that's like 20% of my entire ssd

Love Live Life

Why is everybody giving this game 10/10s and 5/5s????

I played the beta and it's not perfect nor groundbreaking.

Quote Originally Posted by TheReal Kendall
    Why is everybody giving this game 10/10s and 5/5s????

I played the beta and it's not perfect nor groundbreaking.
    Maybe because you played the beta and they played the finished game.

What i dont understand about the game or xbox one is that they say they can hit 1080 and 60fps but this game runs at 792p.

I mean cant really tell the difference but what the **** with that weird number?Can i hit 1080 or not stop ****ing around.

Quote Originally Posted by Brujesino
    What i dont understand about the game or xbox one is that they say they can hit 1080 and 60fps but this game runs at 792p.

I mean cant really tell the difference but what the **** with that weird number?Can i hit 1080 or not stop ****ing around.
    I can tell you a pretty much sure fire way to notice the difference between 1080p and 720p if you want. But once you see it you can't unsee it lol. Basically just watch the edges of the screen. There should be noticeable blurring because of the upscaling.

The reason for the blurring is you have 2.25x the pixels on a 1080p tv available compared to 720p. Therefore the difference between them is an uneven number, which causes an uneven upscale ratio.

With 4k tvs the upscaling is EXACTLY 2x as many pixels as a 1080p image, and EXACTLY 3x as many pixels as a 720p image. Pretty much means the image will not have any distortion due to the scaling.

The xbox can do 1080p games. Just serious sacrifices have to be made due to the esram being only 32mb. It's hard to fit the necessary info into that little amount of ram to make a 1080p image.

Forgot to mention the 792p or whatever is just childish. It screams not wanting to be labelled 720p. 792 should be worse than 720 scaling wise. Poor decision, especially given the frame drops in certain game modes or maps. The real glaring graphical problem with titanfall looking at some images is the screen tearing... once you see it you will never unsee it. It makes a game virtually unplayable if it is a common problem to me.

Love Live Life

Quote Originally Posted by Brujesino
    Maybe because you played the beta and they played the finished game.
    So you really think they changed that much in the game within a few weeks?

I also hate that everything isn't in 1080 after they said it would be but I honestly can't tell the difference so

My main gripe is the limited games that are out and the fact that next gen has been pretty much the same as the 360.

I should've waited on the xbox one. I wish microsoft would give us free games like sony does also.