Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition

Origins is one of my favorite game of all time. I hope this one delivers as well

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by LJJ
    That's incredibly long, I'll read it in the morning. Thanks anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloBill
    Origins is one of my favorite game of all time. I hope this one delivers as well
    Same here man. I can't wait. The sheer size of the game has me optimistic. Got it preloaded on my PS4.

12:00 AM EST Monday...I'll be playing mmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by Shade8780
    That's incredibly long, I'll read it in the morning. Thanks anyways.
    I wouldn't be too concerened man. Its more of the lore which u can freshen up on a 10 min YouTube video.

The actual story of Inquisition is known to be lacking. You WONT be playing this game for the story sadly. Origins (DA1) had an amazing stor though.

You WILL be playing this game for the gameplay alone...which is preferred in the long run.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Spaulding
    I wouldn't be too concerened man. Its more of the lore which u can freshen up on a 10 min YouTube video.

The actual story of Inquisition is known to be lacking. You WONT be playing this game for the story sadly. Origins (DA1) had an amazing stor though.

You WILL be playing this game for the gameplay alone...which is preferred in the long run.
    Why is every game taking gameplay over story nowadays? I'd prefer TLOU over a game like GTA V.

Banned

I've read that too. I'm hoping it has some interesting side stories though, in games like the elder scrolls series or the baldurs gate series even if I don't get in to the main story there's still a bunch of side stories that are fun and interesting.

Why is every game taking gameplay over story nowadays? I'd prefer TLOU over a game like GTA V.
    as long as those things call themselves games, people will, surprisingly, care about the gameplay

anyway, heard that you should play the game with a controller, even on PC, as K+m optimalization sucks big time

also the newest Denuvo DRM will apparently really decrease the lifetme of your SSD if you are using one

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak
    I've read that too. I'm hoping it has some interesting side stories though, in games like the elder scrolls series or the baldurs gate series even if I don't get in to the main story there's still a bunch of side stories that are fun and interesting.
    Though I do agree that a strong story creates a more memorable and enjoyable game...it's the game play that keeps me around as a gamer.

The last of us has an amazing story but lets face it I only played the game for 2 weeks. Beat it, did some multiplayer and it's done. Got some amazing memories but if a game doesn't last me at least a month I tend to be disappointed in the game play.

Most of my top games I have ever played have a strong story backround.

I know I will still enjoy Inquisitons story, the voice acting alone is always well done by Bioware which is motivating.

Me personally, I am most excited about exploring all the areas and meeting the new companions. Plus the tons of side quests to be done.

Anyone play this yet? I'm going to pick it up on my way home from work in an hour or so and might play some tonight but probably won't get to fully dive in until tomorrow given the install time. Wanna hear what ISH is thinking of the game so far.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MP.Trey
    Anyone play this yet? I'm going to pick it up on my way home from work in an hour or so and might play some tonight but probably won't get to fully dive in until tomorrow given the install time. Wanna hear what ISH is thinking of the game so far.
    Tell us your thoughts.

Tell us your thoughts.
    I will when I get a shot, for sure. I started the install over an hour ago and it hasn't even passed 1% yet.

EDIT: It's letting me play now after restarting the console.
    Last edited by MP.Trey; 11-18-2014 at 07:02 PM.

I've put a good 6 hours in. So much to do. Love the game so far.

I've put a good 6 hours in. So much to do. Love the game so far.
    Same. The amount of quests and side quests and things to collect/find is unbelievable and I'm barely into the main quest. The game is beautiful too, characters and faces aren't all that but the mountains, waterfalls, structures, etc. look great. This game is huge, I've found myself just exploring random buildings and looting all I can, I don't think I've found a door I can't open. Combat is very cool too, I love how easily accesible the overhead view is where you can set your plan of attack. Story is starting off slow and I only have my three starting companions so far, interested to see where it goes and meet new conpanions. I'm glad Varric's back, he was one of my favorite characters in DA2.

Played about 5-6 hours so far.

There is literally endless things to do in the game. The story is good so far and the characters and dialogue are great. If you import your custom background story from the Dragon Age Keep website you see all these little things that you did in the previous games show up and play part in Inquisition.

Graphics and gameplay are also great.

Bit overwhelming with their new crafting system and how you obtain upgrades for weapons and armor, but getting used to it now.

Everyone go buy this game, right fu[COLOR="Black"]ck[/COLOR]ing now!

Banned

Picked up my copy on my lunch break, not sure how much I'll get to play tonight though but I'm excited.