Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Why couldn't Lebron win 70 games and have several years as the dominant favorite?

I would say because the talent didn't mesh together as well as the other teams mentioned. Overlapping skillsets and just being top heavy talent wise. Didn't have the continuity or coaching prowess. I can go on as to why.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Default Re: Why couldn't Lebron win 70 games and have several years as the dominant favorite?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Exlax

I would say [COLOR="DarkRed"]because the talent didn't mesh together[/COLOR] as well as the other teams mentioned. Overlapping skillsets and just being top heavy talent wise. Didn't have the continuity or coaching prowess. I can go on as to why.
    Why didn't the talent mesh??? (you can ignore the rest of my post below)

And that's nonsense regarding the coaching - lebron rejected coaching from every coach he's ever had because he must play his way (make all the plays)

lebron played for an elite organization (Riley), a coach of the year and elite defensive coach (brown), and a renowned euro coach who tried to install a system..

but he simply rejected any efforts they made to install ball-movement systems.. like, what should a coach run with Lebron? Coaches tried things, but he rejected them (the obvious answer is to have him play off-ball more to increase ball-movement - which the spurs/warriors use to beat him - but he lacks the skillset to mix more off-ball play and ball movement into his game)

Jordan Stopper

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball
    Why didn't the talent mesh??? (you can ignore the rest of my post below)

And that's nonsense regarding the coaching - lebron rejected coaching from every coach he's ever had because he must play his way (make all the plays)

lebron played for an elite organization (Riley), a coach of the year and elite defensive coach (brown), and a renowned euro coach who tried to install a system..

but he simply rejected any efforts they made to install ball-movement systems.. like, what should a coach run with Lebron? Coaches tried things, but he rejected them (the obvious answer is to have him play off-ball more to increase ball-movement - which the spurs/warriors use to beat him - but he lacks the skillset to mix more off-ball play and ball movement into his game)

Did LeBron have an all star in 2016?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

1-9

Quote Originally Posted by Dray n Klay
    Did LeBron have an all star in 2016?
    He had one in 2003 and yet didn't make the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    1-9
    lebron finals record without Kyrie and Allen game winners.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    1-9
    That's lebron's record against the warriors his last 10 Finals games..

With a hige high seed and star teammates!!..

I'm not gonna sit here and type it out. I'm not pushing an agenda though. I would imagine you're smart enough to look at the players and understand exactly.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

I love how these idiots fire back with Bran shit like I give a crap. I don't obsess over basketball players like you losers do.

9x All Defensive 1st And1AllDay's Avatar

That's lebron's record against the warriors his last 10 Finals games..

With a hige high seed and star teammates!!..
    Competition

Stats

Teammates

Clutch

Against the odds

Bye

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Exlax
    I'm not gonna sit here and type it out. I'm not pushing an agenda though. I would imagine you're smart enough to look at the players and understand exactly.
    You don't have to.. it's the same reason why the Heat's offense peaked at #62 all-time, despite much more offensive help than MJ's bulls (#2 all-time)

Ultimately, lebron lacks an off-ball skillset, so he doesn't fit with other players that need to dominate the ball

His dribble-intensive approach prevented the kind of ball movement and high assist teams that beat him in the Finals - the only common thread in lebron's last 4 Finals losses is massive deficits in team assists

2nd 3-Peat Bulls won more games from 96-98 than the 16-18 Warriors and went 3 - 0 in the Finals, despite the fact that MJ was 33-35 and that Pippen missed half a season in '98. Jordan didn't miss a single game from 96-98.

9x All Defensive 1st And1AllDay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe
    2nd 3-Peat Bulls won more games from 96-98 than the 16-18 Warriors and went 3 - 0 in the Finals, despite the fact that MJ was 33-35 and that Pippen missed half a season in '98. Jordan didn't miss a single game from 96-98.
    Ok thats pretty impressive ill give you that

Quote Originally Posted by And1AllDay
    Competition

Stats

Teammates

Clutch

Against the odds

Bye
    holy crap, are these made up stats? 3ball, can you double check this please

Local High School Star Ainosterhaspie's Avatar

Lebron never was and ceded 70 wins to another team
    Wrong! Even if LeBron's team swept the Warriors, the Warriors still win 71. LeBron didn't "cede" 70 wins to them.

Competition

the dominant team will always face lower net efficiency teams, records, and seeds, etc - the point is to BE on the list of high net efficiency teams, not an opponent!..

Stats

If we're talking losing stats, then nothing tops MJ's 44/6/6 versus the 86' Celtics or his combined 40/7/6 averages versus the Celtics in the 86 and 87 playoffs (including 2.2 steals and 1.8 blocks)

also, lebron's stats are much worse in the years he won (25-28 ppg in 12' and 13'), because it's harder to get stats while playing winning basketball

Finally, MJ did more to win rings:

PER GAME

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Jordan 91, 92, 93 Playoffs:[COLOR="White"].[/COLOR] 33.7 ppg.. 6.4 rpg.. 6.6 apg.. 2.8 tov.. 49.7 fg.. 57.2 ts.. 120 ortg.. 29.5 PER[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="Navy"]Lebron 12, 13, 16 Playoffs:[COLOR="White"].[/COLOR] 27.2 ppg.. 9.2 rpg.. 7.2 apg.. 3.4 tov.. 51.0 fg.. 58.1 ts.. 117 ortg.. 29.2 PER[/COLOR]

PER 100 POSSESSIONS

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Jordan 91, 92, 93 Playoffs:[COLOR="White"].[/COLOR] 44.5 pts.. [COLOR="White"]Ii[/COLOR]8.4 reb.. 8.7 ast.. 3.8 tov.. 49.7 fg.. 57.2 ts.. 120 ortg.. 29.5 PER[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="Navy"]Lebron 12, 13, 16 Playoffs:[COLOR="White"].[/COLOR] 36.1 pts.. 10.2 reb.. 8.7 ast.. 4.4 tov.. 51.0 fg.. 58.1 ts.. 117 ortg.. 29.2 PER[/COLOR]

Teammates

In the entire 98' playoffs, pippen only scored 15.8% of the bulls' 4th quarter points while on the floor (less than 1/6th), which is less than Ray Allen's 16.4% in 2014 playoffs.. or Bosh's 21.5%, let alone Wade's 26.0%

Btw, MJ scored 48.8% (1/2)

Clutch

Irrelevant because MJ had more through 179 games, so his frequency/degree of clutch was greater

Against the odds
    ^^^^ So lebron wasn't dominant and MJ was
    Last edited by 3ball; 01-16-2019 at 03:25 PM.