Default Phil Jackson tampering with Golden State coach

Warriors and the NBA telling Phil to stop tampering with Luke Walton. I think its time for Jackson to be relieved of his duties, he has done nothing other than Porzingis.

How about JVG as GM, Thibs as head coach

Default Re: Phil Jackson tampering with Golden State coach

No high profile coach in their right mind should take the New York job until they blow it up. The culture there has to be completely different. Sadly, Jackson handcuffed the franchise by signing Carmelo to that huge contract. If Carmelo really wants to win he should've left for somewhere else. I don't know if it was the money or the fact Jackson has 11 rings and he thinks he can turn things around or a little of both, but it's obvious the Knicks need to start anew. Porzingis is a great cornerstone and they should build from that, but right now having Carmelo on that team, with Jackson in the stands staring at the back of the head coaches skull mind-f*cking him to run the triangle isn't going to bring a competitiveness to the Knicks that they deserve.

Well its playoffs time, nobody cares about the knicks, so stop making meaningless threads. Also ISH has a knicks subforum, you can always use that.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

"..Phil has not reached out to Luke about the job." - Steve Kerr.

I thought Golden State has given permission to Luke to talk to other teams?

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceJam
    I thought Golden State has given permission to Luke to talk to other teams?
    That is what I had heard too.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
    Well its playoffs time, nobody cares about the knicks, so stop making meaningless threads. Also ISH has a knicks subforum, you can always use that.
    ISH has sub forums for all the teams, yet posters post about their teams on here. Go away now

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    No high profile coach in their right mind should take the New York job until they blow it up. The culture there has to be completely different. Sadly, Jackson handcuffed the franchise by signing Carmelo to that huge contract. If Carmelo really wants to win he should've left for somewhere else. I don't know if it was the money or the fact Jackson has 11 rings and he thinks he can turn things around or a little of both, but it's obvious the Knicks need to start anew. Porzingis is a great cornerstone and they should build from that, but right now having Carmelo on that team, with Jackson in the stands staring at the back of the head coaches skull mind-f*cking him to run the triangle isn't going to bring a competitiveness to the Knicks that they deserve.

I believe Phil is trying to get Carmelo out of town by waiving his no trade clause. Rambis has always been an assistant for him but he doesn't see Rambis as a head coach. He's trying to bait Carmelo to get waive his clause so they can build around a core for the triangle.