Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default There are claims that the Heat want Beal and will take Walls contract to get him.

PTI just discussed it. Riley apparently wants someone to pair with Butler and knows the only way to get Beal is to take Walls contract too. If Beal doesn’t extend in late July the wizards have to figure something out by the deadline right?

Why lose him for nothing?

Default Re: There are claims that the Heat want Beal and will take Walls contract to get him.

Riley is probably shortsighted enough to take on Wall's contract. He has a young stud in Herro waiting in the wings who im sure he will trade for a past-prime Wall and a couple of years of peak Beal

Averaging 1.4 ppg RealSkipBayless's Avatar

Default Re: There are claims that the Heat want Beal and will take Walls contract to get him.

They might trade Beal, but it won

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

do they have the pieces to take on both contracts?

Good college starter Relinquish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    PTI just discussed it. Riley apparently wants someone to pair with Butler and knows the only way to get Beal is to take Walls contract too. If Beal doesn’t extend in late July the wizards have to figure something out by the deadline right?

The Heat have 0 assets that they could trade right now for those 2 to make the salaries match, and even still, there is absolutely no reason to dump beal to get rid of Wall. Wall isn't even 30 yet and we have no idea what he'll look like when he returns. There's absolutely no reason to trade Wall when his trade value is at its absolute lowest, at least let him play and then we can assess what his value is.

And on top of all that, why does it matter if the Wiz clear cap space when free agents don't want to play there? It's pointless. As far as I'm concerned, let the two be Wizards lifers if they so choose as long as they continue to play at a high level. These two brought Wiz fans their best season in years, certainly the best during my life time at least.
    Last edited by Relinquish; 07-17-2019 at 06:20 PM.

Wall is trash. You need shooters in the league now

not athletic brick layers, on one leg.

Waiters will be as good as Beal.

The Magic are a trash HylianNightmare's Avatar

Don't see wall and Butler working out

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Relinquish
    The Heat have 0 assets that they could trade right now for those 2 to make the salaries match, and even still, there is absolutely no reason to dump beal to get rid of Wall. Wall isn't even 30 yet and we have no idea what he'll look like when he returns. There's absolutely no reason to trade Wall when his trade value is at its absolute lowest, at least let him play and then we can assess what his value is.

And on top of all that, why does it matter if the Wiz clear cap space when free agents don't want to play there? It's pointless. As far as I'm concerned, let the two be Wizards lifers if they so choose as long as they continue to play at a high level. These two brought Wiz fans their best season in years, certainly the best during my life time at least.
    The Heat definitely have the assets to match salary.

But, I wouldn't trade Beal just to salary dump Wall. I'd definitely trade Beal, but for a package that allows for a rebuild. Beal's value will never be higher than it is right now...they would get a huge haul for him.

No need to mess that up by including Wall. Just get future assets, tank, and re-evaluate things in 2 or 3 years.

Dumping Wall is kind of pointless because they are going to suck for the next 3 years anyway if they move Beal...and then Wall is expiring after that.
    Last edited by DMAVS41; 07-17-2019 at 06:49 PM.

whoever ends up with Wall:

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855

They shouldn't, but Beal has 2 full years left, not one...so, no, they don't have to do something by the deadline.
    Last edited by DMAVS41; 07-17-2019 at 06:51 PM.

Getting Beal for Miami is like the Spurs getting DeRozan. Meh.

And trading for Wall would be a disaster.

Neither player is worth a hassle nor long-term constraints.

Riley shouldnt be such a desperate bitch.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

might as well...

east is a total joke this year and wide open.

win that, maybe get a few injuries in the finals and you might sneak a title.

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorP
    Getting Beal for Miami is like the Spurs getting DeRozan. Meh.

And trading for Wall would be a disaster.

Neither player is worth a hassle nor long-term constraints.

Riley shouldnt be such a desperate bitch.
    I see it the other way...if the Wizards were going to make Wall included...it means Beal essentially just comes for contracts and maybe Winslow or something.

I'd definitely do that if I'm the Heat and don't have to give up anything of note.

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    They shouldn't, but Beal has 2 full years left, not one...so, no, they don't have to do something by the deadline.

Im thinking along the lines of what you get when you arent up against it. I feel like we talked about this once recently. The NBa actually added the 2 years to go extension option for the express purpose of teams being given time to trade a guy who still has value when they know he wont be back. Used to be you had to wait till the final year. Now you can do the next deal early...so teams have a sense of whats going on.

Better to trade a guy who wont sign back with you when he has a year and a half than when he has a couple months left and the other teams know it right?

And did I just see the name Dion Waiters up there?

We still on Dion Waiters?

Why does it feel like hes 32 years old? I know he cant be....he just feels like he stopped mattering sooooooooooo long ago.