Default 5 biggest questions during training camp

http://www.lakersnation.com/five-thi...ns/2016/09/12/

[QUOTE]The Los Angeles Lakers will begin the 2016-17 season when training camp opens on September 26. It was a busy offseason which saw a needed re-shaping of the roster. Important new additions include veterans Luol Deng and Timofey Mozgov, rookies Brandon Ingram and Ivica Zubac, and head coach Luke Walton.

A generation ago the offseason meant vacation time for NBA players. That is not the case anymore, as most players work out all year long and use the summer to focus on the weaknesses in their game. By all appearances, the young Lakers were constantly lifting weights and scrimmaging on the court at the Lakers

Default Re: 5 biggest questions during Training camp

I am excited to see this young team play in Luke's system.
    So much raw untap talent on the Lakers right now.
    I just want to see this team really get out there and compete against the top teams. Give those teams fits...that will be good enough for me. Show us they are headed in the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by crisoner
    I am excited to see this young team play in Luke's system.
    So much raw untap talent on the Lakers right now.
    I just want to see this team really get out there and compete against the top teams. Give those teams fits...that will be good enough for me. Show us they are headed in the right direction.
    Guess how many games are they predicted to win next season by Vegas?
    24.5 games.
    Yes, I know they are awefully young and will make a ton of mistakes but 24 freaking games.
    Then again, I would want them to prove those detractors wrong, no, I don't think they will win 40 but jut 6 games better than last year?
    Heck, they are predicting the Sixers, woeful Kings to win more games.

Quote Originally Posted by tamaraw08
    Guess how many games are they predicted to win next season by Vegas?
    24.5 games.
    Yes, I know they are awefully young and will make a ton of mistakes but 24 freaking games.
    Then again, I would want them to prove those detractors wrong, no, I don't think they will win 40 but jut 6 games better than last year?
    Heck, they are predicting the Sixers, woeful Kings to win more games.
    Well, if they lose enough to maintain a top 3 pick, then you owe the 6ers your 18 unprotected and two seconds to Orlando.

Now, do good enough to end up 4+, you give Philly this pick and Orlando a future.

I get not wanting to lose many games, but shit, I'd prefer to tank it out one more year and give up one pick, as opposed to do decent and end up giving up this pick and a future.

High School Varsity 6th Man

Quote Originally Posted by tamaraw08
    http://www.lakersnation.com/five-thi...ns/2016/09/12/

I like question 1, whether Randle actually developed a perimeter shot. A specific question and not too generalized unlike the other questions.
    Question 2, for me is if Russell have developed a passion on his single coverage defense. I can't remember him actually committing more than 4 fouls in a game bec he tried so hard in stopping his man from scoring.
    Question 3 about Luke also is too genaralized IMO.
    I want to see these players be competetive, diving for lose balls but at the same time think and be smart. Yes, there will be mistakes but I hate to see them over hustle and reach in in the backcourt when they are in the penalty.
    No dumb 3 sec violations or illegal screens etc.
    Question no. 4 needs to be asked from most Lakers, have they improved from the 3 pt area. Not just Brown, but also Clarkson, Lou Williams and even Marcelo Huertas.
    The additions of Calderon, Deng, and Ingram assure that we will be a better three point shooting team. To a lesser extent Mozgov and Yi makes a better three point shooting team also as well as Nance Jr improving in that area.

I'm excited about this team because we have the potential for all of our centers(Mozgov, Yi, Zubac)to play stretch 5 in Luke Walton's offense. And our positionless back court throughout the depth chart should lead to excellent ball movement.

As for Randle, I don't care about his jump shot. He shoots 70% from the free throw line and should get plenty of free throw attempts if he plays his game. When he came into the league the thing he needed to work on was control and pace. Knowing when to attack with his tremendous quickness and first step, and knowing when to move the ball. That is what I will be looking for from Randle this year. Nance Jr, Deng, Ingram, and Wear can all play the stretch four role for us. All I want to see from Randle is control in pace, particularly in transition when he is pushing the ball up the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by kkinchen
    The additions of Calderon, Deng, and Ingram assure that we will be a better three point shooting team. To a lesser extent Mozgov and Yi makes a better three point shooting team also as well as Nance Jr improving in that area.

I'm excited about this team because we have the potential for all of our centers(Mozgov, Yi, Zubac)to play stretch 5 in Luke Walton's offense. And our positionless back court throughout the depth chart should lead to excellent ball movement.

As for Randle, I don't care about his jump shot. He shoots 70% from the free throw line and should get plenty of free throw attempts if he plays his game. When he came into the league the thing he needed to work on was control and pace. Knowing when to attack with his tremendous quickness and first step, and knowing when to move the ball. That is what I will be looking for from Randle this year. Nance Jr, Deng, Ingram, and Wear can all play the stretch four role for us. All I want to see from Randle is control in pace, particularly in transition when he is pushing the ball up the floor.
    Actually Deng is a so so shooter from the 3 pt area at 33%.
    Yes Randle shoots a respectable % from the FT line, but I don't think he'll get there enough if he doesn't develop a perimeter shot and an ability to shoot with his off hand bec his moves will be too predictable, and just bec he can dribble with his left means he is tremendously quick, but yes he needs to know what pace he needs to use given the situation.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DxWaxE6vZZQ

Check this footage out. Randle has officially developed an outside shot.

Home of the 16

I mean, it's practice, but it's great to see that he's working on his J. For me personally, that's really what I hoped he'd work on during the summer.

Default Re: 5 biggest questions during training camp

A couple games into the season I'm starting to like the idea of Jordan Clarkson being our primary ballhander. Russell can do a lot off the ball, and he seems to be most comfortable out there alongside his fellow swag brother clarkson.

Clarkson/Russell/Ingram/Randle/Nance Jr ........ that looks really really strong right there.

Williams/Young/Deng/Robinson/Black...... pretty damn strong there too

Huertas/Calderon/Metta/Zubac/Mozgov ....... olympic

Default Re: 5 biggest questions during training camp

Quote Originally Posted by kkinchen
    A couple games into the season I'm starting to like the idea of Jordan Clarkson being our primary ballhander. Russell can do a lot off the ball, and he seems to be most comfortable out there alongside his fellow swag brother clarkson.

Clarkson/Russell/Ingram/Randle/Nance Jr ........ that looks really really strong right there.

Williams/Young/Deng/Robinson/Black...... pretty damn strong there too

Huertas/Calderon/Metta/Zubac/Mozgov ....... olympic
    I respectfully disagree cuz JC is their primary slasher/shot creator. Also, most of his teammates don't move well without the ball esp Calderon, Huertas and Lou. If you use Clarkson to handle the ball, there won't be much offensive flow/continuity IMO.