Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
    An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

Default Re: The Shaq deal: Some reasons why

Quote Originally Posted by kwajo
    I'd love to see Shaq win the title in Phoenix, then Duncan can win in 2009 again, to complete the full decade of Shaq/Duncan dominance (well except for that Pistons anomaly in the middle).

99- Duncan
    00- Shaq
    01- Shaq
    02- Shaq
    03- Duncan
    04-
    05- Duncan
    06- Shaq
    07- Duncan
    08- Shaq
    09- Duncan
    your future projections confused me. Iwas like "wait shaq doesnt have 5 rings"

Intelligent fan

What a terrible trade for Phoenix. Lakers got them this shook that they're about to pull this off? You gamble on Shaq and he'll get injured( eventually right), what do you do? Start Brian Skinner and put Amare back at C? I just don't see it working and even a healthy Shaq isn't what he once was. I'd do it if I were Miami.

Shouldn't this thread be merged with the other, 35 page thread on the very same topic?

Dylan spits hot fire!

They had to do something
    Im not sure this is the right move but they definitely had to do something.
    Currently they can't beat LA with that roster and everyone knows it.

Offensively they'll be more effective in the half court offense
    and playoff basketball is half court basketball

but defensively they're going to suffer from the perimeter while their interior defense improves

biggest issue isn't Shaq being a shell of his former self
    15pts 8rebounds and 1.5blocks with 60 percent from the field without Nash is still pretty damn good! Those are Bynums numbers people
    Here's the major issue SHAQ IS OUT OF SHAPE! and SHAQ is Injury prone now! and thats the major concern
    The last issue is now Nash's lack of defense plays a heavier role.
    Kobe and other shooters are going to eat them alive.
    and like they said, if Nash can't keep Pt Guards out of the Lane, Shaq is gonna be in foul trouble constantly.
    But it does help if Shaq can get in Shape and stay healthy
    l

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe24
    What a terrible trade for Phoenix. Lakers got them this shook that they're about to pull this off? You gamble on Shaq and he'll get injured( eventually right), what do you do? Start Brian Skinner and put Amare back at C? I just don't see it working and even a healthy Shaq isn't what he once was. I'd do it if I were Miami.
    nah, start frenchy at the 4 and hill at the 3, bring skinner in and slide fenchy over (or play a guard at the backup 3). I think dallas trading for shaq is what really got them scared. they know they cant win with that current run n gun. hell the lakers pre trade have already taken them what... 2 times? m

Decent playground baller Chocogrease's Avatar

Shaq can still play!

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by 3stat2
    As a Suns fan, this is how I see it:
    1) Go ahead with it and trade Marion/Banks for Shaq = high risk, lower regular season wins, but potentially more rewards in the playoffs against the Lakers/Spurs/Utah etc.
    Thats how I see it, unless Shaq doesnt make it to the playoffs. But I'm curious, has Shaq ever missed a playoff game? I don't recall, I know for a fact he hasn't missed many, so I think in the playoffs they should be able to count on him, but obviously at his age its not a guarantee.

Local High School Star MrEncinas's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Dunker
    It looks bad, but in my personal opinion, the suns window is slowly closing, i dont think they can win it all with their current squad, so by making this trade they are deffinently gambling big time, but it could very well result in a ring if it works out...

what does miami get? i dont think marion is a good second option, i cant see miami going anywhere with him...

who cares if shaq only plays 50 games a season, he will be there when the playoffs come and thats all that matters, suns can get a top seed purely through nash, amare and their good role players...

I actually like the idea of Shaq in pheonix, i must be the only one...
    I understand what your saying but your not taking the CAP situations for both teams into account.

I just read the OP. Good post.

However, the Suns realize they aren't even Top 3 in the West. That would be San Antonio, LA and Dallas. They also realize they aren't Top 5 in the league. That would be SA, LA, Dallas, Boston and Detroit. They've gutted their future to save a few bucks now. If the Suns are going to win it, it has to be within the next two years.

They saw the writing on the wall, and had to make moves to be a contender now. Shaq could do that for him. Or maybe not, but they have to try instead of just let it slip away.

The Suns "core" has been together what...3 years? More? How much longer is needed for them? They had their chance. Time to change gears.

I don't like the trade but then again I do agree with the stategy. Those borderline playoffs teams usually don't take the risk to make that one make it or break it move. Tehy just think: Maybe we'll get lucky next year, and let their borderline championship core age without a ring in the end.

I just think they could have gotten a better deal.

I don't think Shaq will fit in great with the Suns run-n-gun offense. I honestly just don't understand the trade. Suns never have trouble scoring points, it's always defense, how is an aging Shaq with a bad hip going to improve defense (when he can barely get back on D as it is) versus having Shawn Marion on the team who can score, rebound, and block some shots here and there while keeping up with the rest of the team in that style of offense?

is shaq really that much different than say Big Z? would the suns have traded marion and pay Big Z 40mill? i think they panicked.

Decent college freshman eeeeeebro's Avatar

Default Predict shaqs stats after trade

20 - 10 - 3

Intelligent fan

Default Re: Predict shaqs stats after trade

It's not even official yet. Shaq wouldn't get those numbers though.

Banned

Default Re: Predict shaqs stats after trade

Quote Originally Posted by eeeeeebro
    20 - 10 - 3
    20 missed games, 10 cheeseburgers, 3 milkshakes?