Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: How much do you think Shaq makes?

Quote Originally Posted by ihoopallday
    People like Shaq don't really do it for the salary. They do it because they want to be around basketball in any type of way. Think about it. You spend 90% of your life dedicated to basketball, then you have to retire. Lol it's like a drug and these guys need their fix. For example, Magic Johnson is a multi millionaire, yet he spends some time as an analyst for ESPN. Basketball makes them happy. I guess the expression "money doesn't buy happiness" can be used for these guys.
    This. Magic probably has enough cash for several Scrooge McDuck-sized silos, but he's on TV because he loves the game and wants to still have some part of it. For all his laziness, I have no doubt that Shaq loves the game and still loves being involved in it in any capacity. It's not for the pennies that TNT can offer him.

Default Re: How much do you think Shaq makes?

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialQue
    This. Magic probably has enough cash for several Scrooge McDuck-sized silos, but he's on TV because he loves the game and wants to still have some part of it. For all his laziness, I have no doubt that Shaq loves the game and still loves being involved in it in any capacity. It's not for the pennies that TNT can offer him.
    Exactly