Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

My dad lives in Orange County so I play against a grip of asians, and for the most part theyre all little pest on defense cause theyre so quick and constantly reaching. But because of that and the fact that im so much stronger I usually kill em. Never ever miss an open shot either.

Learning to shoot layups guacomole's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by final.wrath
    stop being such a minority.
    It can get f-ing anoying, i'm only half asian, and dont realy look that asain, and still people at my school say **** like that, and after they think its all right and they dont even give a **** because everyone else thinks and does that. Sometimes people know me only because they think im asian even though i only half, and when i tell them im half they say, "dude it doesnt matter, your still chinese". Its also annoying when they think your born and raised in china and just moved here, even though im not chinese and rarely go to japan were half of my ancestrie is from.

Default re

Never went to a court where asians turn down pickup Games cuz of Race. IMO, filipinos have the edge when it comes to the asian Ballers.

Learning to shoot layups

Quote Originally Posted by 32MJ32
    The ball is orange. The hoop is orange. That's the only colour that matters to me. We're all just ballplayers.. some are good, some are bad.. race schmace..

*Achieves world peace by organizing a basketball tournament.*

i'm asian.(half flip, half viet) 6'1". and i'm sick at ball.. not to be on my own nuts.. but i've been playin all my life and i can play with the best of them...

like dude said.. skin color doesn't matter. holler

Learning to shoot layups

and another thing.. i hate being called YAO MING whenever im playing with a bunch of non-asian ballers.

i don't play the post. i handle the rock. i shoot jumpers and 3's. i drive to the lane. how is that at all like yao ming?

not to mention i'm not chinese...

it's ****in racist to a tee.

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by heavensdevil
    Never went to a court where asians turn down pickup Games cuz of Race. IMO, filipinos have the edge when it comes to the asian Ballers.
    and they are mainly ballhogz, expecially the streetball players.

imo vietnamese streetballers ftw

Learning to shoot layups

The best asian baller I've played with/against is this short fillipino dude at my school. Well, best in the sense that he scores a crapload of points. Seriously, I think the only time I've seen him pass is if he inbounds the ball. But it seemed like nobody on the other team could stop him though. I'd say he's like Iverson minus assists.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore BlockShot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by machi
    The best asian baller I've played with/against is this short fillipino dude at my school. Well, best in the sense that he scores a crapload of points. Seriously, I think the only time I've seen him pass is if he inbounds the ball. But it seemed like nobody on the other team could stop him though. I'd say he's like Iverson minus assists.
    iverson minus assists equals kobe before he realized he had teammates

Learning to shoot layups

Quote Originally Posted by BlockShot
    iverson minus assists equals kobe before he realized he had teammates
    Haha, good point. I said Iverson though cuz the dude was pretty short.

Saw a basketball once

Default Fundamentals

I've noticed the good asian ballers usually have great ballhandling and footwork as well. A 5"9 asian guy does not aspire to dunk as much as a say Nate Robinson, there a little more realistic.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease littlespyda's Avatar

i played with some asian dudes a few days ago and the tallest guy was like 5-7. i noticed they were not athletic but they could shoot incredibly well.

HeartHustleHope

im sure there are some very good asian players
    but im not sure about asian streetballers, does any1 know anything about the asian streetball scene....

Local High School Star LongBeachLakers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AI09
    I HATE WHEN YOU ASK ASAIN PPLE DO YOU WANNA PLAY A GAME AND THEY SAY NO. THAN A ASAIN GUYS ASKS IF THEY WANNA PLAY AND THEY SAY YES I HATE THAT!! ALSO I HATE WHEN U ASK AN ASIAN IF THEY WANNA PLAY A GAME AND THEY SAY THERE ARE LEAVING BUT THEY END UP STAYING THERE FOR ANOTHER 3 HOURS. THEY PISS ME OFF!!!!!
    IM LIKE
    They're probably scared of you.

Saw a basketball once

Georgia Tech has more asian people then white people on campus. I've played with pathetic asian players, and some kids who can play. I've yet to play an asian dude who can really post, or board in anyway ... but the ones who can play just stick to what they know they can do well. Move, shoot, press.

There are pitiful scrubs of every ethnic background.

What kinda question is this, a baller is a baller..good or bad.

Check out http://fareastballers.com/