Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Byron Scott, Lionel Hollins and Steve Kerr express interest in Lakers HC vacancy

I think Hollins is tremendously overrated.

I also think Scott is average. Kerr could be good, I don't see him ending up anywhere but NYC though.

If I'm a Lakers fan I'd rather bring in Olllie or Cal than settle for one of these NBA retreads.

Default Re: Byron Scott, Lionel Hollins and Steve Kerr express interest in Lakers HC vacancy

bring in larry brown

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe
    Please no, I feel like it would be a huge mistake, though Byron is a good guy.

i think it would only be a mistake in the sense that the LA media is going to rip him a new a**hole if he or any other coach doesn't start immediately producing wins. But w/ Byron he has such a nice history with the lakers he could really f*ck it up.

I think Scott will do a much better job in LA then any of his other jobs. At the end of the day no coach is perfect, not even Pop or Phil. There is no coach that's gonna come in and magically erase a past team's problems. You just need a guy that the players are gonna respect and relate to, especially on a team w/ as big of a personality as Kobe. I think Kobe would respect Byron Scott a lot, and i think that underlying respect from him would go a long way.

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hawksdogsbraves
    I think Hollins is tremendously overrated.

I also think Scott is average. Kerr could be good, I don't see him ending up anywhere but NYC though.

If I'm a Lakers fan I'd rather bring in Olllie or Cal than settle for one of these NBA retreads.

i agree w/ hollins, i don't know what to think about Kerr. Nobody should have any idea on whether or not Kerr is going to work out as a HC.

shhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13
    i think it would only be a mistake in the sense that the LA media is going to rip him a new a**hole if he or any other coach doesn't start immediately producing wins. But w/ Byron he has such a nice history with the lakers he could really f*ck it up.

I think Scott will do a much better job in LA then any of his other jobs. At the end of the day no coach is perfect, not even Pop or Phil. There is no coach that's gonna come in and magically erase a past team's problems. You just need a guy that the players are gonna respect and relate to, especially on a team w/ as big of a personality as Kobe. I think Kobe would respect Byron Scott a lot, and i think that underlying respect from him would go a long way.
    That wouldn't be Scott, he's lost every team he's coached... I'm not against Byron but don't expect it to be all roses and wine.. he's had plenty of beefs with plenty of players in his short coaching career

Quote Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13
    i agree w/ hollins, i don't know what to think about Kerr. Nobody should have any idea on whether or not Kerr is going to work out as a HC.
    Yeah it's hard to say. He seems to be very bright though, that's more than you can say for some coaches we've seen in the league *cough Mike Woodson cough*

shhhhhhh

Derek Fisher is another name that's being bounced around... not sure what i think about that

NBA All-star

I'm waiting for Kobe Bryant to call me so we could coach the Lakers together.

I'll take the assistant head coach title instead just because I am a humble man.

As gts said, Fisher has been linked. Another poster made a thread about Tom Thibodeau being linked.

Mike Bresnahan has tweeted several names including George Karl, JVG and Kurt Rambis. He also says its unlikely the Lakers will have someone before the lottery as they are looking for either a high salary big-name NBA guy or NBA assistant with upside

A lot of big names there, hopefully its sorted before free agency begins so we know who to target

NBA sixth man of the year Levity's Avatar

im probably in the minority, but im a kerr supporter. ive always like his philosophies when it comes to basketball, and his track record as the GM for the suns has more positives than it does negatives

kerr is a believer in utilizing a line up of 2 bigs. hes been quoted as saying that he doesnt believe in a 4 guard line up. and i wholeheartedly agree with that, despite what the rest of the nba is seemingly doing.

heres a little article about steve kerr and his potential as a coach
    http://knickerblogger.net/steve-kerr...-a-smart-hire/
    Last edited by Levity; 05-01-2014 at 05:37 PM.

derek fisher for coach. watch out.

Quote Originally Posted by Levity
    im probably in the minority, but im a kerr supporter. ive always like his philosophies when it comes to basketball, and his track record as the GM for the suns has more positives than it does negatives

kerr is a believer in utilizing a line up of 2 bigs. hes been quoted as saying that he doesnt believe in a 4 guard line up. and i wholeheartedly agree with that, despite what the rest of the nba is seemingly doing.

heres a little article about steve kerr and his potential as a coach
    http://knickerblogger.net/steve-kerr...-a-smart-hire/
    Thats a good read

Keep it tight for me The-Legend-24's Avatar

Knowing Jim Buss, he's probably talking to Mike Woodson.

Quote Originally Posted by The-Legend-24
    Knowing Jim Buss, he's probably talking to Mike Woodson.
    He's probably thinking of applying himself.

Seriously though, Mike Dunleavy Sr. has apparently said he'd be interested given the opportunity. He coached the Lakers to the Finals in 91. The article says he was interviewed before D'Antoni was hired and Buss went with MDA