Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: referees announced for tonight's game

Quote Originally Posted by 3LiftHeatCurse
    Damn,....

Congratulations Indiana for your trip to the Finals. **** the NBA

I thought Dan Crawford was reffing.... I had hope...... but now I see we are ****ed. RIP my Heat.....most rigged series since Sac-LA

College superstar

Only way Pacers can win is if they hit a shit ton of threes or LeBron's knee explodes.

Local High School Star Shaquille O'Neal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ne 1
    Regardless of what happens, if the Heat win, the haters will say it was rigged, and if the Pacers win, it wasn't and vice versa with the Heat/LeBron fans. Typical.

I'm rooting for the Pacers, but I don't engage in conspiracy theories. And if one looks at it logically, and statistically, in Game 7's, the home team wins the vast majority of the time. So while it's not a guarantee, mathematically, the Heat have a better chance at winning this one.

btw why do conspiracy theorists act like rigging games is a no-risk, maximum reward ploy, when in reality loads of people could go to prison and have their lives ruined. The loss in revenue/tv ratings from say, not getting the ideal teams in the Finals, is far lower than the losses would be if there was even a hint of the league/refs fixing games.
    Do you still believe in Santa and the tooth fairy too?

Are you saying NO NBA games have ever been rigged? No fights? Follow the money my friend - you know many more people will tune in if it's Miami vs. the Spurs. More ratings, more $$$$$. I'm sure during commercials you can watch Mr. Rodgers change his shoes a few times too, if you can get your head unburied from the sand you've dug it in.

I don't think anyone would argue that no games have ever been rigged, since one of the referees actually got caught...

Rambling removed
    Last edited by insidehoops; 06-03-2013 at 04:33 PM.

I hope Miami gets a BLATANT amount of unfair home-cooking.

Local High School Star 3LiftHeatCurse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    I hope Miami gets a BLATANT amount of unfair home-cooking.
    I am praying we D-Whistle and LeFlop our way to the Finals. The referees owe us 3 games already we have gotten screwed so bad

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Shaquille O'Neal
    Do you still believe in Santa and the tooth fairy too?
    And you must believe the moon landing was faked, Elvis Presley is still alive, the government has been hiding space aliens, George W. Bush had the Twin Towers wired up to collapse on 9/11, and JFK's assassination was a mafia hit.

Are you saying NO NBA games have ever been rigged?
    Do I think NBA games/playoff series have been poorly officiated? Sure. Do I think there's some grand conspiracy by the league to fix the outcome of playoff series and that the outcome of games are decided beforehand? No. Refs are human and they make mistakes and are going to miss things. The players make mistakes, the coaches make mistakes, and the refs are going to make them.

Follow the money my friend - you know many more people will tune in if it's Miami vs. the Spurs. More ratings, more $$$$$.
    So you think Stern sat in a dark room and told his minions "the Heat must win this series?"

As I said, the loss in revenue/tv ratings from not getting the ideal teams in the Finals, is far lower than the losses would be if there was even a hint of the league and Stern fixing series. You tin foil hat conspiracy theorists think rigging the games is a no-risk, maximum reward ploy, when in reality loads of people could go to prison and have their lives ruined.

Also, if you really believe that the NBA is scripted like the WWE, that the outcome of Finals series are predetermined, than why watch basketball? You conspiracy theorist people are nuts. If it's fixed, get out of this abusive relationship and stop being a consumer.
    Last edited by Ne 1; 06-03-2013 at 03:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 3LiftHeatCurse
    Damn,....

Congratulations Indiana for your trip to the Finals. **** the NBA

I thought Dan Crawford was reffing.... I had hope...... but now I see we are ****ed. RIP my Heat.....most rigged series since Sac-LA

Heat homers say it's rigged if Stern doesn't send Dan Crawford to fix it for them

College superstar

I will say this though:

- Older refs seem to be slightly more predictable in their questionable calls; more time in the league leading to more time listening to players complain, it makes sense

- At times younger refs defer to the older refs even when the young ref has a MUCH better angle, which sometimes leads to a bad call; this gives an opportunity for #2 to come in to play and how many times have we seen the official on top of the play be overturned by one across the court, and it is frustrating.

- Refs sometimes feed into the momentum of the game, giving the team with momentum the benefit of the whistle; watch some of the officials and their calls get more animated when the crowd is really into it, like they are making a big play themselves, this happens a lot on 50/50 charges/blocking foul, happens with some refs (Dick Bavetta) more than others

Local High School Star

Do I think NBA games/playoff series have been poorly officiated? Sure. Do I think there's some grand conspiracy by the league to fix the outcome of playoff series and that the outcome of games are decided beforehand? No. Refs are human and they make mistakes and are going to miss things. The players make mistakes, the coaches make mistakes, and the refs are going to make them.
    Exactly, and human beings are shitty.

Quote Originally Posted by ReturnofJPR
    Where there is smoke, there is fire.

The NBA is the most corrupt of the 4 professional major sports in the United States. They should be investigated by the Feds.
    Like the feds aren't corrupt.

The loss in revenue/tv ratings from say, not getting the ideal teams in the Finals, is far lower than the losses would be if there was even a hint of the league/refs fixing games.
    Is your head soft? read some of the posts in this very thread. Refs have been indicted and other refs have very close ties to them. There is more than a damn hint of fixing, yet the NBA is doing just fine because retards like you are so damn gullible.

Quote Originally Posted by buddha
    Like the feds aren't corrupt.
    At least the Feds can hold organizations accountable. Nobody can hold them accountable...