Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: What is Andre Drummond's ceiling as a NBA player?

If Dwight Howard can average 20ppg, so can Andre Drummond. Andre already has a better touch around the hoop, and is a much more coordinated offensive player in general. I'm not saying he will average 20ppg in a season, but the question was, what is his ceiling.

I usually hit open layups

shaq + kareem

go pistons!!!!!

NBA sixth man of the year Levity's Avatar

In 20 raw minutes a game, he almost average a low end double double with 2 blocks a game. His endurance will increase this summer, and as he learns to play without fouling, he could be a perennial 15+/11+/2+ player.

If you had to pick one, would you take Hibbert or Drummond?

He will never put up 20 a game.

15/10 with good D. Needs to shoot free throws better or he's going to be toast

Banned

About OP's ceiling as a f aggot. So pretty damn high
    Last edited by kobebeangoat; 06-03-2013 at 06:29 PM.

Book 'em Dan'l

if Detroit can keep Drummond and Monroe for building, somehow keep Calderon and somehow get either Knight or Stuckey to shoot a bit better grouped with a quality coach, Detroit can go places.

Book 'em Dan'l

bump.

another 20/20 game for Drummond. Guy needs to work on his free throws, and he's set. This guy is a monster in the paint.

Steal of the 2012 draft. True then, true now.

Tolerant Liberals

I dont watch pistons games, so can someone knowledgable tell me why his fg% dropped from .623 in his 2nd year to .503 now? Its not like hes getting more ORB tip in misses, because that went from 5.4 to 5.3. Seems his FT% has regressed too.

Quote Originally Posted by ISHGoat
    I dont watch pistons games, so can someone knowledgable tell me why his fg% dropped from .623 in his 2nd year to .503 now? Its not like hes getting more ORB tip in misses, because that went from 5.4 to 5.3. Seems his FT% has regressed too.
    Not sure, he has really bad shooting games. I think he recently shot 4-16 from the field.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by ISHGoat
    Stan Van Gundy made a concerted effort to get Drummond looks with his back to the basket this year. As it so happens, he's absolutely wretched in such a position (which is why Van Gundy had been working to develop Drummond in this regard).

After performing terribly in the post early, Drummond fell into a little bit of a mental slump and began forcing and missing chippies in the first 25 games or so, on top of the poor post play. Kind of seemed like a post-Olympic hangover type of thing, like he thought he was going to walk in and dominate.

Since then, Van Gundy's dialed back the post looks a little (though Drummond has shown slight improvement) and he's mostly reverted back to cleaning up garbage and catching alley-oops.

Even then, he still have a rare sub-.500 game every now and again, usually related to missed tips in some regard. Like last night he was 11-25 and had 17 offensive rebounds. I can't recall really well, but it's likely a handful of misses were his own tip-in attempts.

Him vs Demarcus Jordan, who wins? I'd like to think Drummond does because he has some idea on offense.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    Not sure, he has really bad shooting games. I think he recently shot 4-16 from the field.
    Yep, against Houston; serves as a prime example. Taking a quick look at the play-by-play, I unofficially counted nine Drummond offensive rebounds that resulted in a missed field goal immediately thereafter.

The majority, again, are likely tip attempts that he's almost vollying at the rim. The others are his free passes - that is, the ones where he works on securing an offensive rebound and thus has been told he can or should go back up with it wherever he's at, often producing some awkward jump hook attempts from seven feet away.

The play-by-play for reference: http://www.basketball-reference.com/...503060HOU.html

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99
    Him vs Demarcus Jordan, who wins? I'd like to think Drummond does because he has some idea on offense.
    If I were SVG and I was offered Cousins for Drummond, I would do it immediately without thinking twice about it.