Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default is Anthony Bennett the worst use of a #1 overall pick ever?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JZr_GKwmtY#at=94

Here is a video of recent Cavaliers number one overall pick Anthony Bennet shooting hoops with CBCs Peter Manbridge.

What we learned from this video
    -Anthony Bennet cannot palm a basketball. The last number one overall pick that couldn't palm a basketball? Kwame Brown
    -He is chubby
    -He can't make jumpshots either(0-3 in the video).

And then of course theres the things everyone knew(hes an undersized tweener). What are the chances this guy turns out good? He wasn't projected until around 7-8, yet the Cavs take him first overall. Terrible front office.

NBA Superstar

Default Re: is Anthony Bennett the worst use of a #1 overall pick ever?

video evidence. case closed!

Good college starter Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

how tall is Peter Mansbridge? Google has him at 6' even. Bennett looks just like 4" taller.

Yes. A one minute and 45 second video is enough to determine what this guy's whole career will be like. Negged *******.

Kobelicious

i see 1 FG made
    and at least 1 rebound and 1 assist ,
    his teammates was the one who brickin his assist

so another made up stat to discredit: Lebron teammates, Lebron former teammates, Lebron former team from Tony

Dat unselfishness.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Cheesesteak
    how tall is Peter Mansbridge? Google has him at 6' even. Bennett looks just like 4" taller.
    You are blind if you think he only looks 4" taller. He is almost a full head taller than him and looks like the 6'7-8" he was measured at.

Nah I mean honestly no matter how bad he turns out, this draft wasn't talent heavy enough for him to be considered the WORST

Even Kwame's draft wasn't that good. But to me the worst use of a #1 pick ever was for Olawakandi when you consider the players that were taken that year. Dirk, Paul Pierce, Vince Carter etc

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Cheesesteak

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by B-Low
    Nah I mean honestly no matter how bad he turns out, this draft wasn't talent heavy enough for him to be considered the WORST

Even Kwame's draft wasn't that good. But to me the worst use of a #1 pick ever was for Olawakandi when you consider the players that were taken that year. Dirk, Paul Pierce, Vince Carter etc
    I don't get the negativity?

Freshman stats:

16/8 with 54%/38%/71% shooting while playing hurt the second half of the year. (these numbers are likely higher too if he wasn't kept out of the bulk of a few games in the second half of the season)

6'8" 240 is now a tweener? The kid is 1" shorter than Karl Malone

He's got a 7'1" wingspan and a 39" vertical.

Basically he has the in-game pedigree and the body pedigree (much TOO MUCH is being made about the height).

AND he has a great f*cking attitude and a 100% team first guy who is not afraid to lead.

He measures up in every metric, yet people what to say stupid shit like he can't shoot, because of a couple of half hearted tosses while mic'd up after a long interview in the middle of an injury are a better marker than shooting 38% from 3 for the season.

We need a punch people in the face emoticon around here.
    Last edited by JtotheIzzo; 08-04-2013 at 11:24 PM.

Good college starter Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
    You are blind if you think he only looks 4" taller. He is almost a full head taller than him and looks like the 6'7-8" he was measured at.
    Are you serious?

I didn't realize the nose to dome = full head. I mean, this is almost too stupid for me to even bother responding to.

Anyway, my only guess is Manbridge is really like 6'1" and is wearing 2" soles.

Quote Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
    yeah, Manbridge's dome goes to Bennett's mouth, perhaps a bit higher. That leaves only about 6" left to Bennett's dome.

edit:
    although...Bennett's dome is pretty elevated. Not nice and flat like Manbridge's. I think he gets that extra 2" from that alien dome.
    Last edited by Dr. Cheesesteak; 08-04-2013 at 11:26 PM.

Yet to play in the NBA so we have no clue

Quote Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
    I don't get the negativity?

Freshman stats:

16/8 with 54%/38%/71% shooting while playing hurt the second half of the year. (these numbers are likely higher too if he wasn't kept out of the bulk of a few games in the second half of the season)

6'8" 240 is now a tweener? The kid is 1" shorter than Karl Malone

He's got a 7'1" wingspan and a 39" vertical.

Basically he has the in-game pedigree and the body pedigree (much TOO MUCH is being made about the height).

AND he has a great f*cking attitude and a 100% team first guy who is not afraid to lead.

He measures up in every metric, yet people what to say stupid shit like he can't shoot, because of a couple of half hearted tosses while mic'd up after a long interview in the middle of an injury are a better marker than shooting 38% from 3 for the season.

We need a punch people in the face emoticon around here.
    I'm really hoping Bennett can somehow end up playing the 3 for us. On draft night they compared him to Larry Johnson and I'd be perfectly content if that's the kind of player he turned into. We don't need him to be a franchise player, which right away takes a lot of the pressure off of him that most #1 picks feel. He'll be fine either way, but if he can get himself to a physical condition where he'd be able to step in as starting SF, that'd be absolutely ideal

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by B-Low
    I'm really hoping Bennett can somehow end up playing the 3 for us. On draft night they compared him to Larry Johnson and I'd be perfectly content if that's the kind of player he turned into. We don't need him to be a franchise player, which right away takes a lot of the pressure off of him that most #1 picks feel. He'll be fine either way, but if he can get himself to a physical condition where he'd be able to step in as starting SF, that'd be absolutely ideal
    He can play the 3.

1-true position is the domain of internet retards, and doesn't mean much in the way basketball is played today.
    2-He becomes very valuable in small ball.
    3-how many GREAT 3s are in the NBA today? We act like the league is rotten with them, when in reality there are only a few, but because the two best players in the league are 3s we automatically assume it is loaded. and those two best (LeBron and KD) have less than ideal body types for the position.
    4-Bennett is long and a good athlete, he can adjust.
    5-he basically played a lot of what a 3 does in college.

This kid could be a Charles Barkley type player and while Barkley is considered a 4 he was mostly a 3 in Philly and those were his best years.

Larry Johnson is a stretch.

Whats with this board recycling the same damn threads?