Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
    NBA Superstar

Default Re: Aaron Rodgers gets compared to MJ

Quote Originally Posted by Marchesk
    But would you be saying this if this came right after the season Brady broke Peyton's TD record, or Manning broke Brady's TD and Brees yardage record? Or if it was the 1984/85 season and Marino set records nobody except Dan Fouts had come close to sniffing before?
    It's not even about numbers. I couldn't tell you what Rodgers' are now or were the past couple seasons.

He's quite possibly the best combination of arm strength, release, accuracy, mobility, intelligence, and leadership that we've seen.

Who's that?

But would you be saying this if this came right after the season Brady broke Peyton's TD record, or Manning broke Brady's TD and Brees yardage record? Or if it was the 1984/85 season and Marino set records nobody except Dan Fouts had come close to sniffing before?
    And Rodgers had a season where he threw 45 TD with only 6 INT and the NFL record for passer rating in a season with 122.5 in 2011 in only 15 games.

We can compare the single greatest seasons ever and some say that Rodgers' 2011 season was the best ever. Rodgers puts up video game numbers. Like I said, his TD/INT ratio is simply next level and no other great has come close to that mark. And that's a huge stat.

Quote Originally Posted by ShawkFactory
    It's not even about numbers. I couldn't tell you what Rodgers' are now or were the past couple seasons.

He's quite possibly the best combination of arm strength, release, accuracy, mobility, intelligence, and leadership that we've seen.
    Yup, he's the most complete QB ever. He had every single physical attribute you would want from a QB. It's like putting together Marino, Elway and Young.

Rodgers > Brady

Rodgers, like Jordan, is the best ever at his sport.

I didn't say he was. I just posted on pic of a player Rodgers has a long ways to go to eclipse. I could have done the same with a Brady, Marino, Favre, Montana or Young pic.

People are such prisoners of the moment. How in the hell can you guys say the Rodgers is better than those guys at this point?

How is he even better than Brees?

You really have a fetish for favoring old guys don't you?

at bringing up Peyton.

He's as classy as they come, but he's not even that much better than his brother when it comes to Playoff football.

When Peyton actually won a ring, he did it throwing just 3 Touchdowns in four games with 7 Interceptions, with a Rating of 70.

When Rodgers won, he did it throwing 9 Touchdowns with 2 Interceptions, Rating of 110.

Rodgers is pretty incredible every time I get a chance to watch him.

His 2012 was the best pure passing season I have ever seen. The stats just don't show the throws he made week after week.

Quote Originally Posted by StephHamann
    Joe Montana is Jordan

Brady is Kobe

Peyton Manning is Lebron

Rodgers is Shaq

Barry Sanders is Shaq or maybe Bo Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketswin2013

His 2012 was the best pure passing season I have ever seen. The stats just don't show the throws he made week after week.
    Don't you mean 2011?

Rodgers is great, no question, but modern QB stats need to be taken with a grain of salt. QB's are ridiculously protected and if you so much as breathe on a receiver it's a penalty. It's got to the point where I'm expecting a flag after every incompletion. What sucks is, that's all young players today know because their whole lives they've been watching receivers beg for a penalty after every damn play. You can see it at the HS and college level. I like the game much better when you could actually play defense.

Tom Brady is the GOAT footballer.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketswin2013

1984 Dan Marino threw for 5,000 yards and 48 TD's in a league where you could actually play defense and the QB was still fair game. He revolutionized the position. It's scary to think of the kind of numbers he'd put up now. His style of play was tailor made for today's game.

Quote Originally Posted by GrapeApe
    1984 Dan Marino threw for 5,000 yards and 48 TD's in a league where you could actually play defense and the QB was still fair game. He revolutionized the position. It's scary to think of the kind of numbers he'd put up now. His style of play was tailor made for today's game.
    Dan "The Man" Marino is like a God-like figure to me. I idolized that guy growing up. I have so many of his magazines and football cards. I used to record his games and just marvel at his quick release, ability to move within the pocket and throw with such velocity and accuracy. He would've no doubt put up huge numbers in today's era.