Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Local High School Star Dr Seuss's Avatar

Default Re: 8 seasons in and Love still hasn't learned how to Post Up

Quote Originally Posted by dubeta
    Dwight Howard shot 50% from the 3 point line last season

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...howardw01.html

Would you have called Dwight an elite 3 point shooter last season?

Yes or No? Don't dodge this question.

He made 50% of his attempts last year, better than Steph Curry, Mike Miller etc.

See, it doesnt make sense

You cant just look at percentages, volume matters as well

Let me explain it in terms you'd understand, dubby

Of the two dudes youve went down on in your life, you only took 1 loud in your mouth. so yes, your percentages look great - 50% - but the volume isnt there to make you a pro

on the other hand, your mom is at a legit 45%+, but her volume is dozens upon dozens of guys. So she of course is much more skilled in her craft, as seen by her high % on multiple attempts

so yes, no one is calling you - or dwight in the scenario you presented - a pro.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Seuss

Of the two dudes youve went down on in your life, you only took 1 loud in your mouth. so yes, your percentages look great - 50% - but the volume isnt there to make you a pro

on the other hand, your mom is at a legit 45%+, but her volume is dozens upon dozens of guys. So she of course is much more skilled in her craft, as seen by her high % on multiple attempts

so yes, no one is calling you - or dwight in the scenario you presented - a pro.

NBA sixth man of the year Levity's Avatar

Dunking on everybody in the park

I love Kevin Love's post game, but I think his efficiency would go down a bit if he posted more often, now that he lost so much weight. He probably got stronger, but it's so much easier to use the extra weight when you're trying to establish a position and close in with a man on your hip/back.

I think he's also not too comfortable shooting with his left hand, seeing all the fall aways he takes when he turns over his right shoulder.

But still, his jump hook is money.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by iznogood
    I love Kevin Love's post game, but I think his efficiency would go down a bit if he posted more often, now that he lost so much weight. He probably got stronger, but it's so much easier to use the extra weight when you're trying to establish a position and close in with a man on your hip/back.

I think he's also not too comfortable shooting with his left hand, seeing all the fall aways he takes when he turns over his right shoulder.

But still, his jump hook is money.
    True, posting up requires a combination of Lower body strength, technique, length, and athleticism

Lower body strength is the only thing I can give Love, but yea he got too slim now to bang with NBA bigs.

Local High School Star

Glad this thread was bumped just to read that

Quote Originally Posted by dubeta
    True, posting up requires a combination of Lower body strength, technique, length, and athleticism

Lower body strength is the only thing I can give Love, but yea he got too slim now to bang with NBA bigs.
    Dude gtfo of this thread. You're wrong.