NBA Superstar

Thumbs up Westbrook's stats so far this year, per 36:

Per 36 Westbrook is averaging 31/9/7 on 48/41/79 shooting....

GOATbrook

But wait! Thank god we got to keep hearing "Chris Paul is the best PG in the league" all offseason, fresh after WestGOAT murdered his ass in the playoffs...
    Last edited by russwest0; 12-08-2014 at 02:26 PM.

Default Re: Westbrook's stats so far this year, per 36:

Quote Originally Posted by russwest0
    Per 36 Westbrook is averaging 31/9/7 on 48/41/78 shooting....

GOATbrook

But wait! Thank god we got to keep hearing "Chris Paul is the best PG in the league" all offseason, fresh after WestGOAT murdered his ass in the playoffs...
    Westbrook isn't a better PG than Paul but he can be argued as a better player. Not saying he is better, saying the argument could certainly be made.

Love GOATbrook.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Fudge's Avatar

Swaggin on these hoe ass PG's.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Proctor
    Westbrook isn't a better PG than Paul
    Well they both play the PG position and Westbrook is better.

Just because they play different doesn't mean that Westbrook isn't better. Not everyone has to play the PG position exactly like a certain mold.

OKC becomes so much better with Westbrook. Their tempo gets ramped way up, they become much harder to guard, they become much better on the glass and defensively, and all of the role players have less pressure on them.

He raises his teammates games in ways that the media never gives a f*ck to take note of, except when OKC got downed by the Grizz in 5 without Westbrook.

He does this playing at the deepest position in the NBA. There are very few scrubby starting PGs in the NBA.

Just because they play different doesn't mean that Westbrook isn't better. Not everyone has to play the PG position exactly like a certain mold.

OKC becomes so much better with Westbrook. Their tempo gets ramped way up, they become much harder to guard, they become much better on the glass and defensively, and all of the role players have less pressure on them.

He raises his teammates games in ways that the media never gives a f*ck to take note of, except when OKC got downed by the Grizz in 5 without Westbrook.
    Yeah, the bolded is exactly what I was getting at. He's arguably a better player at the position but not necessarily a better point guard by definition.

He's amazing with this team. I'm not a CP3 hater so I don't mean to use this thread to disparage him, I just think it's surprising how little he has been able to achieve with this Clippers team. There's no disputing he's an incredible point guard but I don't see his team making any real progress. A lot of that has to do with Westbrook and the Thunder too, so props to them. I don't see the Clippers getting past them. I remember watching Hornets-era Paul win games for his team by himself in the playoffs against the Lakers, and thinking "If he only had a team.." but now he does. The West is just that brutal, I guess.

Local High School Star fragokota's Avatar

You can't say that since you haven't seen how this team performs with a different kind of all star caliber pg. I think a pass first pg would fit this team better imo. The guy is really talented and an athletic freak but he makes too many boneheaded decisions down the line. Paul for example is a much better decision maker and i believe would ran this team better.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by fragokota
    You can't say that since you haven't seen how this team performs with a different kind of all star caliber pg. I think a pass first pg would fit this team better imo. The guy is really talented and an athletic freak but he makes too many boneheaded decisions down the line. Paul for example is a much better decision maker and i believe would ran this team better.
    Chris Paul in OKC?

No f*cking thanks.

Would definitely not enjoy seeing our PG get murdered by Westbrook, and whatever team he is on.

Paul is putting up one of the most efficient seasons (both from the field and from an assist/to ratio) from a PG in recent memory.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneyROY7

Paul is putting up one of the most efficient seasons (both from the field and from an assist/to ratio) from a PG in recent memory.
    He's also playing great defense but I fully expect Westbrook to goat on him if they were to meet in the playoffs again

4 ring - 4 FMVP - 4MVP J Shuttlesworth's Avatar

How many games has he played?

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by LoneyROY7

Congrats. Sounds like the same Chris Paul we've all seen and have known was overrated for the past 5 years.

3-3 record

How many turnovers? Who were his opponents in these games?

38 points on 42% shooting in a blowout loss to the Blazers
    3 turnovers in less than 9 minutes the game he got injured against the Clippers

32 points on 17 shots against the Knicks
    21 points and 7 turnovers on 6/20 shooting in a loss to the Pelicans
    27 points on 14 shots against the Sixers
    22/11/7 on 9/19 shooting in a 2pt win against the Pisstons

There's literally nothing impressive about what he's done so far this season. He's had some great plays and some good games, but he's been very turnover prone and his point guard play has been atrocious, team is a long way from getting back to the Playoff race.

I love me some Westbrook and he was balling in the Playoffs last season, but right now, he hasn't done anything to amaze me this season. The dunk against the Pistons was mindblowing and he's had some other great plays, but I want to see him improve his point guard play.
    Last edited by ImKobe; 12-08-2014 at 04:47 PM.