Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: What If... Chris Bosh

Bosh would take game winning shots instead of Haslem.

3-time NBA All-Star

Obviously, if the Heat somehow lose this series, no one will bring up the fact that Bosh missed those losses...

Nope...Lebron will get all the blame.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

He would obviously help the Heat, but at the same time, James and Wade were playing absurdly well together in the first two games of the series... In fact, from Game 4 against Indiana through Game 2 against Boston, that is the most cohesive that Wade/James have played together in critical situations since this union was formed.

While obviously having a player as talented as Bosh on the court during that five-game run would help in several areas, integrating him into the offense may have resulted in Wade/James not being as great as they were during said run.

Obviously, it is all conjecture, but with this Heat team, it is about more than just how much talent you can throw out there. Finding a way to get the best out of all three guys in the same game has been an issue since their first game in their first season.

On top of that, the Celtics have also suffered some monumental injuries, most notably Avery Bradley who would be vital in this series with both his defense on Wade and his ability to give Ray Allen the kind of minutes that bring out the best in him, as well.

Serious playground baller mans1ay3r's Avatar

Trust me, if I could give you a healthy Miami Heat team for a healthy Boston team in return, I'd take that deal.

Avery, Green, O'neal, Pierce, Allen > Chris Bosh.

Not airballing my layups anymore

Quote Originally Posted by mans1ay3r
    Trust me, if I could give you a healthy Miami Heat team for a healthy Boston team in return, I'd take that deal.

Avery, Green, O'neal, Pierce, Allen > Chris Bosh.
    Pierce and Allen are on the court.They're healthy enough to play.

O'neal isn't with the Celtics anymore.He played last year vs the Heat and was nothing special.

Green's been out all year.Celtics still have guys like Pietrus,Daniels,Dooling to provide bench scoring.

Heat miss Bosh more than Celtics miss Bradley.

Decent playground baller

Don't forget about Wilcox who was finding his groove when he went down

3-time NBA All-Star

Rondo's playing the best of his career and KG is playing the best he's played since 2008. This isn't the same as last year. I don't think things would be much different right now.

NBA sixth man of the year Indian guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PP34Deuce
    Bosh would help their offensive sets, Still an overrated defender.
    75% of the easy baskets Garnett's getting inside in this series would cease to exist if Bosh's on the floor.

This series is EASILY 3-1 at this point had Bosh been available. Maybe even a sweep.

NBA sixth man of the year Indian guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    James and Wade were playing absurdly well together in the first two games of the series
    Not really. Wade's play was sub-par even in the first 2 games. He stat-padded in the 4th in Game 1. Had 1 good qtr to speak of in Game 2. As far as whether LeBron/Wade would've gelled the same had Bosh been there is concerned, remember, LeBron and Wade's best series together last year came against Boston.

It's funny how Bosh only becomes a factor when the Heat lose

Decent college freshman

Celtics have no business playing in this series in the first place. Healthy Rose and they don't make it past the 2nd round. Healthy Bosh and they would have been swept.

So annoying watching these fake tough fools taking low blows at the Heat and celebrating like they are doing something.

If Boston makes it to the Finals they will get steamrolled. Only hope we have for a good Finals series is for Bosh to get healthy.

Local High School Star

what if... wilt came back from the dead and signed with the heat for a vet minimum?

Magic Johnson

I'm guessing Bradley, Pierce, and Allen would be healthy too, right? Hard to say.

Quote Originally Posted by jlauber
    Obviously, if the Heat somehow lose this series, no one will bring up the fact that Bosh missed those losses...

Nope...Lebron will get all the blame.
    No, if Wade continues to play like a slow, uncoordinated bum who can't get off the ground anymore then he will, or at least SHOULD, get most of the blame for a Heat loss. Miami have easily enough to win this series if both James and Wade are playing at their best, with or without Chris Bosh.

This is not the same situation as the '68 ECFs, which I know you are secretly alluding to . Wilt, deservedly, got most of the blame in that series because he was woefully bad in games 6 and 7. Him having leg injuries is not an adequate excuse (Just like Wade's left knee injury in this BOS/MIA isn't, either).

If Bron continues to play great from here on out then you'd have to be a bona fide hater to blame a loss on him....

Oh, and to answer your question: 3-1 with Bosh. They would have won last night.
    Last edited by oolalaa; 06-04-2012 at 01:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Celtic_Pride
    What if

Bradley
    Green
    O'Neal

were healthy too?
    And Wilcox. He was playing well before he went down