Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Corvette C8

Default Re: Corvette C8

Quote Originally Posted by egokiller

Where the hell did anyone mention reliability? Shit breaking is a given in any application where you are setting world records. You think these people auto crossing their cars don't go through brake pads like crazy? You think texas mile cars with solid roller cams don't need valve train maintenance? These guys have sponsors that GIVE them this shit for free. Broke trans? No problem, here's another one. Try this.

The fastest thing you've ever owned is what, a 2016 Dakota? You're complaining about 500 hp not being enough and then move the goal post and talk about reliability.

Fast, cheap, reliable

Pick 2
    you seriously are retarded.

read the thread.

op pondering a production car. you chime in "omgz you can build faster with the same money"

a person with an average IQ could make the basic leap of logic that OP isn't a racer, so he's not interested in "breaking world records". he wants a fast production car bc they offer what your dumbass idea of building a car can't offer: reliability.

does OP have a sponsor to replace a broken trans or other broken parts? you didn't think this one through.

Quote Originally Posted by highwhey
    you seriously are retarded.

read the thread.

op pondering a production car. you chime in "omgz you can build faster with the same money"

a person with an average IQ could make the basic leap of logic that OP isn't a racer, so he's not interested in "breaking world records". he wants a fast production car bc they offer what your dumbass idea of building a car can't offer: reliability.

does OP have a sponsor to replace a broken trans or other broken parts? you didn't think this one through.

You don't have to be a world record breaker to be a racer. You can build a car faster and handle just as well if not better than a C8 with $60k in another platform and be just as reliable if not more. Now Draz may not have the mechanical ability to do so, but that's beside the point because the fact is that it can be done. In your small narrow minded world, production cars as they sit on the show room floor are the end all be all and are reliable since they are brand new. Just stop... you're already in way over your head and exposed yourself. Imagine talking the nonsense you are when earlier this year Hyundai had to recall over 500,000 cars.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/hyundai...ine-fire-risk/
    Last edited by egokiller; 07-20-2019 at 06:39 PM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

I'll stick to my truck and Burb

Quote Originally Posted by Draz
    The more and more I keep looking at this car I want it. I never wanted a car this much. If I can avoid dealer markup, I'll lease the fck out of it and get rid of it when I have a kid.
    Go for it, bruh.

Quote Originally Posted by fiddy
    Go for it, bruh.
    It's definitely obtainable. I think that's the point were missing with this car. It has exotic, supercar look, mid-engine, it's something to definitely stare at.

My wife saw it and she instantly said let's get it.

You only have one life to live. I realized that as you get older we've became slaves to working 9-5 and thereafter.

Now, I can care less about the HP. Living in NYC and this applies everywhere, theres speed cameras everywhere. My path to work there's 25mph speed limits where I got caught once doing 35. You're literally creeping and can walk faster than some areas.

Definitely don't care how fast it goes. The fact that it looks that good, it's mid engine and can take corners, it redefined performance car and puts the sport in sports car.

All in all, GM knocked it out of the park. For the sake of discussion, this KILLS the new Supra.

This puts American muscle back on the table.

Electric cars are the future, but I see this being the last good gas powered vehicle as gasoline gets phased out. Risky buy for the future but I see the next installment being an all electric car.

The interior is still growing on me though. Looks like a space ship inside. I guess they catered to the driver and only the driver.

Reviewers are saying it's like piloting a jet.

The beat part about owning a two seater? Not having to bring on your stupid ass friends.

leno take on it -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZGCJu2OaAg

here is a guy selling his Viper - watch whole vid , he is honest about buying an expensive sports car
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEK40Mxh3xQ
    Last edited by Jasper; 07-21-2019 at 08:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Draz
    The more and more I keep looking at this car I want it. I never wanted a car this much. If I can avoid dealer markup, I'll lease the fck out of it and get rid of it when I have a kid.
    You really need to grow up

Quote Originally Posted by TheMan
    You really need to grow up
    Nahh, life sucks as an adult.

The new corvette c8 was said to have a 5.5l v8 twin turbo or something. Whatever happened to it? I don't like the same, old pushrod engine from the past generations.

I still haven't seen one in person yet

A lot of car enthusiasts actually got disappointed with its very radical exterior design and styling.

I have followed corvettes for 4 decades.
    When I was in Chicago back in 76-77 I had an opportunity to buy a 69 rag top.... car was messed up , but ran strong.
    At $3500 the bank would not give me the money , so I dropped the pursuit.
    I should of trusted my instincts , cause 40 years later its worth 45k.
    My point is wait 10 years or so , and the car depreciates in value so much , you can have your dream car.
    Right now I am eyeing a 2000-2003 ZR hardtop.... if they ever get around 7-8k I would be very interested in buying one.

C7 is probably the best looking corvette in the recent years. Amongst the vintage ones, the original c1 it is. Gm should get rid of recycling their pushrod engines in the new models if they can.