View Poll Results: Will Trump win in 2020?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

17 39.53%
  • I don't know but I tend to lean yes

13 30.23%
  • I don't know but I tend to lean no

5 11.63%
  • No

8 18.60%
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Is Donald Trump going to win the presidency again in 2020?

Unfortunately he probably will since I doubt the Dems will get their shit together and select the right candidate.

I'm the 1 vote that is leaning towards Trump losing, but I admit it could easily be bungled. A Biden vs. Trump race would just be depressing.

Biden might still be polling higher now, but it's early in the game. He got his ass handed to him in the first debate, and I don't see things getting any better for him. Once things heat up, it's gonna be either Sanders, Harris, or Warren. Not saying they are my favorites, but I think they have the best chance of getting the nomination. Bernie is the only one I think can beat Trump.

EDIT: A hypothetical Bernie/Trump debate would be the most entertaining thing to ever be displayed on a screen.

At this point, I have no doubt with the shit show the Dems are putting out

Quote Originally Posted by Prometheus
    Biden might still be polling higher now, but it's early in the game. He got his ass handed to him in the first debate, and I don't see things getting any better for him. Once things heat up, it's gonna be either Sanders, Harris, or Warren. Not saying they are my favorites, but I think they have the best chance of getting the nomination. Bernie is the only one I think can beat Trump.

EDIT: A hypothetical Bernie/Trump debate would be the most entertaining thing to ever be displayed on a screen.
    I agree with all of this, especially the top 3 contenders. I would order it Harris, Bernie, Warren in terms of likelihood.

Biden and Pete to me are a distinct 2nd tier, and no one in the bottom of the pack will rise up. I'm slightly shook about Bernie's chances rn but I'm in for him all the way. There's plenty of time.

Right now I think it's 50/50 but trending towards Trump. There is shit showing on both sides. Before I prol said 40/45%. Neither will surprise me. With that much volatility it's hard to predict what way things will shift. I may well depend on shit happening in the weeks leading up to the election.

-Smak

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Avalanche.

i find it funny that youtube comments all veer hard trump ala fox news almost...

and probably a good representation of anonymous opinion, trump speaks straight facts.

haters cry about "behavior" and mean words, the guy is just telling it like it is.

Quote Originally Posted by SomeBlackDude
    pocahontas has stolen all of bernie's thunder. she is la comandante de las communistas now, she is the captain of granma.
    Thanks for not voting. Probably good for your mental health that you sit this next election prediction season out.

Democrats are so fcking divided it's hilarious honestly. They're going to rip voters from each other and sit here and wonder why Trump will win again.

link

[COLOR="Red"]Trump’s “go back” comments were nativist, [/COLOR]xenophobic, counterfactul and politically stupid. But they simply do not meet the standard definition of racist, a word so recklessly flung around these days that its actual meaning is being lost.
    theyre making up new words.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

This may sound funny, but I

I voted probably not, especially if the economy hits a down turn before the election. The economy is cyclical, we are due for an economic slow down and Trump would get most of the blame, unfairly but that's the way it is.

The Left is riled up, they will go out and vote, Trump's base is solid but his tariffs war with China is costing him support in states that he won that usually vote blue.

I do have to say that leave it up to the Dems to grab defeat from the clutches of victory so that's why I chose don't know but I think he'll lose. It will be a close election either way, Trump is way too divisive.
    Last edited by TheMan; 07-15-2019 at 06:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMan
    I voted no, especially if the economy hits a down turn before the election. The economy is cyclical, we are due for an economic slow down and Trump would get most of the blame, unfairly but that's the way it is.

The Left is riled up, they will go out and vote, Trump's base is solid but his tariffs war with China is costing him support in states that he won that usually vote blue.

I do have to say that leave it up to the Dems to grab defeat from the clutches of victory so that's why I chose don't know but I think he'll lose. It will be a close election either way, Trump is way too divisive.
    I actually don't know about this. I think the polling in those states says you're right, but give him 6 months to brand Biden as a lifelong supporter of agreements like NAFTA and the TPP and he can probably make another "what the hell do you have to lose?" style argument in the general.

He hasn't done anything for the Rust Belt states though, so it's all theater.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by TheMan
    I voted no, especially if the economy hits a down turn before the election. The economy is cyclical, we are due for an economic slow down and Trump would get most of the blame, unfairly but that's the way it is.

If the economy hits a downturn, he will lose. I agree.

If it doesn't hit a downturn, then all the libs who said he would push USA into a downturn should eat crow.

Trumps major play is going to be framing the far left as the face of the dems which let's be honest - represents a lot of people that live in dem strongholds so it's not entirely inaccurate. They are the future of the democrats.