Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old Yesterday, 05:00 AM   #2341
NumberSix
Big Booty Hoes!!

Default Re: The Official Russia Witch Hunt Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxFly
You said Cohen wasn't charged even though prosecutors explicitly charged him with a campaign finance crime. Again:

Immunity agreements, correct? But you knew that, didn't you?

Oh, no... I was saying that if feels like one of those times where you don't know what you're talking about, are corrected, and then look for some nuance to get yourself out, desperately trying to change the subject in the process. Nothing passive about it.
Ok, perfect.

Just so we have everything perfectly straight.....

Trump is guilty of a campaign finance violation, but they’re not charging him because he’s the president.

Michael Cohen pleaded guilty.

Pecker and Weisselberg are guilty of campaign finance violations but they weren’t prosecuted because they were given immunity. Immunity in exchange for Information that resulted in the prosecution of nobody.

The Trump organization as a corporation actually reimbursed Cohen, not Trump personally. So the Trump organization is guilty of violating campaign finance law, but they chose to let the Trump organization off the hook scot-free because they decided to just be cool guys about it. They could have gone after the Trump Organization for this, but they decided not because, reasons.

So, not only has nobody been successful prosecuted for this crime, but they haven’t even attempted to prosecute anyone.

Am I missing anything?

Last edited by NumberSix : Yesterday at 05:03 AM.
NumberSix is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:47 AM   #2342
SomeBlackDude
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by NumberSix
The Trump organization as a corporation actually reimbursed Cohen, not Trump personally.

you're overthinking this whole thing.

praise sweet baby jeezus for the olc memos (again) and just focus on running out the limitations clock. best strategy for maga.

beat the statute or die tryin'

^should be the official 2020 campaign slogan.

maga
SomeBlackDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:28 AM   #2343
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

Quote:
Ok, perfect.

Just so we have everything perfectly straight.....

Trump is guilty of a campaign finance violation, but they’re not charging him because he’s the president.

Michael Cohen pleaded guilty.

Let's start with this. You responded "No" when I noted that Michael Cohen had been charged, yet:

Quote:
Prosecutors charged Cohen with two counts of violating campaign finance laws by arranging payoffs to silence two women who claimed to have had affairs with Trump.

Quote:
The Trump organization as a corporation actually reimbursed Cohen, not Trump personally. So the Trump organization is guilty of violating campaign finance law, but they chose to let the Trump organization off the hook scot-free because they decided to just be cool guys about it. They could have gone after the Trump Organization for this, but they decided not because, reasons.

Looks like SomeBlackDude took care of this.
MaxFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:36 AM   #2344
SomeBlackDude
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxFly
Looks like SomeBlackDude took care of this.

i'm beginning to suspect that maga is not very good at this whole crime thing.

Quote:
The FBI believed then-candidate Donald Trump was closely involved in a scheme to hide hush-money payments to adult film star Stormy Daniels, who claimed to have had an affair with Trump, court documents from the closed campaign finance case against former Trump-fixer Michael Cohen show.

The documents, released Thursday, describe a “series of calls, text messages, and emails” among Cohen, Trump, Trump campaign aide Hope Hicks, Keith Davidson — an attorney for Daniels, whose legal name is Stephanie Clifford — and David Pecker, an executive of the company that published the National Enquirer.

open and shut case.

thank you, based olc.

Old Yesterday, 11:12 AM   #2345
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeBlackDude
i'm beginning to suspect that maga is not very good at this whole crime thing.

open and shut case.

thank you, based olc.

If he comes back, he will point to the fact that there was no charge, and though he won't say it explicitly because he knows better, the implication is that the lack of a charge right now is somehow exculpatory. He'll try to avoid the details of the illegal behavior and focus on generalities. That is to say, you'll be hard pressed to see him acknowledge that Trump asked Pecker how Pecker could help with his campaign, the coordination and communication around the payments to kill the stories, and the fact that Trump signed some of the checks.

Here's the thing that I'm unclear about, and maybe you know... Did Trump lie about the payments to Cohen on his taxes, perhaps classifying them as employment payments (since they were structured as such) and taking a deduction on them? We might need to see his taxes...
MaxFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:30 AM   #2346
NumberSix
Big Booty Hoes!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeBlackDude

you're overthinking this whole thing.

praise sweet baby jeezus for the olc memos (again) and just focus on running out the limitations clock. best strategy for maga.

beat the statute or die tryin'

^should be the official 2020 campaign slogan.

maga
I heard reports that the payments went through the Trump organization. Guess I was wrong.

So what exactly was Weisselberg’s role then?
NumberSix is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:36 AM   #2347
SomeBlackDude
College superstar

Quote:
So what exactly was Weisselberg’s role then?

i don't know the specific details of his snitching deal, but i'm sure we can agree it would be great if he would testify publicly in an open session in congress about it?

his signature is on the check(s) from the maga trust, which is different than the one from the emperor's personal checking account ( )
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: