Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Why do people move to the U.S. and then fly the flag from their country of origin?

Can anyone explain that?

It's not something I've ever understood, personally.

If your birth country is so amazing, why did you move here? lol...

Default Re: Why do people move to the U.S. and then fly the flag from their country of origin?

it's called having pride where you came from.

what i don't understand is why americans can't understand that people move here for work or other personal reasons. just because you come to this country for work, it doesn't mean you should forget your country...especially when this country has zero culture.

plenty of americans move to other countries and do the same sh1t.

go to rocky point, Mexico. you will see a lot of American retirees. they go to the beach wearing their American flag shirt or towel...you won't see 1 Mexican crying about it tho

funny how trump supporters are so insecure. "speak english, this is AMERICA!"
    *meanwhile they eat food prepared or harvested by Mexicans*

Default Re: Why do people move to the U.S. and then fly the flag from their country of origin?

Quote Originally Posted by highwhey

what i don't understand is why americans can't understand that people move here for work or other personal reasons. just because you come to this country for work, it doesn't mean you should forget your country...especially when this country has zero culture.

go to rocky point, Mexico. you will see a lot of American retirees. they go to the beach wearing their American flag shirt or towel...you won't see 1 Mexican crying about it tho

So you think I agree with Americans retiring to other countries and flying our flag there? No, that's just as stupid. It's literally the exact same thing.

If you moved here for work, it's because this country is better than yours. As such, either fly the American flag or don't fly a flag.

Quote Originally Posted by Shogon
    So you think I agree with Americans retiring to other countries and flying our flag there? No, that's just as stupid. It's literally the exact same thing.

If you moved here for work, it's because this country is better than yours. As such, either fly the American flag or don't fly a flag.
    who gives a flying fck? are you really that insecure dude?

if i see someone flying another country's flag, i'd be like that's pretty cool.

funny how you bring up how i'm "obsessed with cops", yet trump fam stays fuming over petty sh1t. good luck bowl cut, sounds like you have a fun life!

I have zero issues people representing their roots and where they came from. I see a lot of people fly Canadian flags here in Wisconsin all the time. Maybe the person had a better opportunity here, just like many people move out of the U.S. to other countries because of better opportunities. It doesn't mean the country is better or worse. It just means their path and choices led them here or there and they felt here or there was better for their goals.

You make it way too black and white based off assumptions.

who gives a flying fck? are you really that insecure dude?

if i see someone flying another country's flag, i'd be like that's pretty cool.

funny how you bring up how i'm "obsessed with cops", yet trump fam stays fuming over petty sh1t. good luck bowl cut, sounds like you have a fun life!
    I care. It's divisive and stupid to fly the flag of your country of birth. If you're so proud of the fact that you're from there, why are you here?

You literally rage about cops every day. Every. single. day.

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    I have zero issues people representing their roots and where they came from. I see a lot of people fly Canadian flags here in Wisconsin all the time. Maybe the person had a better opportunity here, just like many people move out of the U.S. to other countries because of better opportunities. It doesn't mean the country is better or worse. It just means their path and choices led them here or there and they felt here or there was better for their goals.

You make it way too black and white based off assumptions.
    lol...

Canadians moving here and flying their flag is incredibly stupid. Go back to Canada.

Or is the contention that all of these people value money more than they do pride for their country? If so, again, don't fly that flag... you aren't that proud.

I care. It's divisive and stupid to fly the flag of your country of birth. If you're so proud of the fact that you're from there, why are you here?

You literally rage about cops every day. Every. single. day.
    prove it. last 3 days. i'm waiting.

and it's not divisive to level headed people. believe it or not, life isn't "america or nothing".

prove it. last 3 days. i'm waiting.

and it's not divisive to level headed people. believe it or not, life isn't "america or nothing".
    It's not about America or nothing. Americans moving to Mexico and flying the American flag are just as stupid. It's the exact same thing. I guess you conveniently chose to ignore that.

An American retiring to Mexico because of the weather or women or whatever reason is basically saying "I value my existence here in Mexico more than my existence in the United States."

Which in itself is perfectly fine, I'm totally ok with that, as anyone should be. What I don't understand is why if that guy thinks America is so great to the point that he felt the need to fly the flag, that he chose to move to Mexico.

It's contradictory idiocy.

Flying both, I can even get behind that. All good. But just flying your birth flag in a foreign country is stupid.

College star

It’s the classic “no one cares where they are from until they leave it” syndrome. Even Americans will go into another state within America and rep where their from.

It's not about America or nothing. Americans moving to Mexico and flying the American flag are just as stupid. It's the exact same thing. I guess you conveniently chose to ignore that.
    no i didn't, it's because no one down there is complaining about it. it's mostly americans who are overzealous idiots about patriotism. you don't realize how silly you look. let your fist unclench and consider that you should be more tolerant of other cultures.

no i didn't, it's because no one down there is complaining about it. it's mostly americans who are overzealous idiots about patriotism. you don't realize how silly you look. let your fist unclench and consider that you should be more tolerant of other cultures.
    Fly the American flag AND your country of origin, and we've got no problems.

Just your country of origin? Get the F[COLOR="Black"]U[/COLOR]CK out.

Quote Originally Posted by Norcaliblunt
    It’s the classic “no one cares where they are from until they leave it” syndrome. Even Americans will go into another state within America and rep where their from.
    I'm from Florida and when I leave it'll be because I believe my quality of life will improve in another state. I would never fly the Florida flag or be proud of being from here because this place is a shit hole.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

I love how it's now racist to have pride in being american.

Part of assimilating to the culture is speaking the language of the culture - english.

I'm sure mexicans absolutely look down on those americans but they have money. Had a conversation about this with a mexican in Playa and we got along real well. Some asshole americans causing a riot at Wal-Mart there and he had enough of them and told them off. "They aren't in America anymore. They are in my country!"