Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Corvette C8

Default Corvette C8

Wow. Under $60k supercar. Looks gorgeous

Default Re: Corvette C8

a corvette doesn't look like that .. they done fkd it up ... give me my og corvette design back .. that's what makes it a corvette

Quote Originally Posted by dude77
    a corvette doesn't look like that .. they done fkd it up ... give me my og corvette design back .. that's what makes it a corvette
    I agree but times are changing. It looks more exotic like a Ferrari and it'll probably blow it out the park.

American muscle is back

The more and more I keep looking at this car I want it. I never wanted a car this much. If I can avoid dealer markup, I'll lease the fck out of it and get rid of it when I have a kid.

Problem is that you won’t get any respect in that compared to spending 60k and putting into another car that you built yourself. Same goes for any $60k car.

$60k gets you:

427 LSX iron twin turbo 1500 hp monster with the suspension, trans, fuel system, rear end, and all the supporting mods. Bulletproof. You’ll blow the doors off that vette and anything else. You buy a roller that’s already caged and mini tubbed and make it a street car. If you want a corner carver, you build it for that. You could even start with a z06 roller. American muscle never left. Give me a built Nova, 69 Camaro, or Chevelle any day over a new vette. If you ain’t ready for a real car, lease the vette and get your feet wet. Then you’ll be ready to play with the big boys once the lease is over and you experience that slow car for awhile.

Problem these days is pussification. People don’t have $60k saved up but don’t understand that a car like this you build over a 3 year span. And it’s fun, and you can say you did it yourself. They even have places like Steve Morris Engines that walk you through on how to machine and assemble the engine. I can’t imagine being a car enthusiast and not knowing how to determine the length of push rods you need for example, or how to degree a cam. And this is coming from someone that wears suits to work. Don’t be afraid to get dirty. Same applies to not knowing how to do home shit like electrical, carpentry, landscaping, etc. There’s enough forums, videos and info that is free to learn all this shit and it’s FUN! Learn it all sooner rather than later. You get a sense of accomplishment over those that had to pay someone else to do it and then say “i don’t have the time” even though they post on the internet 24/7 yet they don’t have time.
    Last edited by egokiller; 07-20-2019 at 01:17 PM.

i had to google the new one, looks pretty sick. mid engine design is pretty sick and yes it looks like a Rari.

only 500hp tho? i

[QUOTE=highwhey]i had to google the new one, looks pretty sick. mid engine design is pretty sick and yes it looks like a Rari.

only 500hp tho? i

Quote Originally Posted by egokiller
    Keep in mind, you can only put so much power to the ground. The average person buying this car isn't going to have the level of skill to handle a 700hp car. They can easily build it for that much, but getting that power to the ground to utilize all of it less drive train loss is another story. Your average buyer is more likely to wrap a 700hp car around a telephone pole than a 500hp one.

You ever drive a 700hp car on the street? The best is to have the car tuned on the street with a progressive boost system where the power comes on correctly through the RPM band. At the 1/4 mile track, it's a whole different story.
    you can build a 700hp for the price, but it will handle nothing like a mid engine car.

No pics..

These are not your every day cars tbh... This is more like the weekend car and Tesla/Honda Accord your every day car

Quote Originally Posted by highwhey
    you can build a 700hp for the price, but it will handle nothing like a mid engine car.
    Sure it will. In fact, Sam Strano is like a 7 time SCCA National Champion and most of those wins were in a 4th gen camaro with aftermarket suspension upgrades and he has no where close to $60k in that car. It's amazing what an aftermarket suspension that's had 20+ years of research on it can achieve.

Sure it will. In fact, Sam Strano is like a 7 time SCCA National Champion and most of those wins were in a 4th gen camaro with aftermarket suspension upgrades and he has no where close to $60k in that car. It's amazing what an aftermarket suspension that's had 20+ years of research on it can achieve.
    time attack? lol

time attack? lol
    It's great when 20 year old cars with suspension upgrades are getting better autocross times than new cars who's manufacturers boast "precision handling".

These guys have more money than they know what to do with, so there's a reason why they chose the platforms that they do to race in.

When that platform isn't kicking everyone's ass in autocross, it's kicking their ass on the texas mile or at least it was until that Ford GT by M2K Motorsports set the record.

Someone done fvcked up and bought a supra.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-o0-i3nVJXI

It's great when 20 year old cars with suspension upgrades are getting better autocross times than new cars who's manufacturers boast "precision handling".

These guys have more money than they know what to do with, so there's a reason why they chose the platforms that they do to race in.

When that platform isn't kicking everyone's ass in autocross, it's kicking their ass on the texas mile or at least it was until that Ford GT by M2K Motorsports set the record.

Someone done fvcked up and bought a supra.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-o0-i3nVJXI

it doesn't matter, those cars aren't reliable. i can tell you've never owned a souped up vehicle because you have neglected that.

it doesn't matter, those cars aren't reliable. i can tell you've never owned a souped up vehicle because you have neglected that.

Where the hell did anyone mention reliability? Shit breaking is a given in any application where you are setting world records. You think these people auto crossing their cars don't go through brake pads like crazy? You think texas mile cars with solid roller cams don't need valve train maintenance? These guys have sponsors that GIVE them this shit for free. Broke trans? No problem, here's another one. Try this.

The fastest thing you've ever owned is what, a 2016 Dakota? You're complaining about 500 hp not being enough and then move the goal post and talk about reliability.

Fast, cheap, reliable

Pick 2