NBA lottery pick

Default Isiah Thomas May Become An Owner Of Pistons

It was odd when there were rumors about him being involved with the franchise again.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...minority-owner

[QUOTE]Pistons legend Isiah Thomas is poised to become an investor into the franchise

Local High School Star Aussie Dunker's Avatar

Default Re: Isiah Thomas May Become An Owner Of Pistons

Listened to him on ESPN first take and he is so articulate and philosophical - doesn't make sense why he is so bad at running a team!!##@$#%$#!@

NBA lottery pick

It is weird how that works with him. He's is very charismatic and he's well spoken. He's very successful at a lot of things, but in management positions in basketball he's been terrible. I think what he did in NY gets blown out of proportion a bit. He did finally have a good team together there (even though it was extremely expensive). Injuries really hurt that team or they would have been in the playoffs for sure. Anyway, if Isiah is part of the team Joe D should be too. I just really don't have a good feeling about things now. It could change with the draft lottery. That's our only hope right now.

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    It is weird how that works with him. He's is very charismatic and he's well spoken. He's very successful at a lot of things, but in management positions in basketball he's been terrible. I think what he did in NY gets blown out of proportion a bit. He did finally have a good team together there (even though it was extremely expensive). Injuries really hurt that team or they would have been in the playoffs for sure. Anyway, if Isiah is part of the team Joe D should be too. I just really don't have a good feeling about things now. It could change with the draft lottery. That's our only hope right now.
    Regardless of Isiah's position with us, it'd still be SVG running the show in respect to roster spots right?

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by ZMonkey11
    Regardless of Isiah's position with us, it'd still be SVG running the show in respect to roster spots right?
    I would imagine SVG would have the final say, but I'm sure there's going to be some consulting of some sort with Isiah. Our roster is a mess. Outside of trading Monroe I'm not sure what we can do now. This team just feels like we're going to be a 5-8 seed in the playoffs for the next few years and we're going to be stuck in mediocrity. That's the worst place to be in the NBA. I just can't believe the Cavaliers got another #1 pick. There has to be something messed up with the system. Maybe they use a computer program instead of ping pong balls now. Kind of like the websites use.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    Fwiw, Isaiah was the #1 ranked drafter in the last 20 years recently by ESPN. He drafted Stoudamire,Mcgrady,Camby,David Lee,Ariza,Nate Robinson,Channing Frye and Wilson Chandler. Lee and Ariza in the 2nd round.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Nastradamus
    Fwiw, Isaiah was the #1 ranked drafter in the last 20 years recently by ESPN. He drafted Stoudamire,Mcgrady,Camby,David Lee,Ariza,Nate Robinson,Channing Frye and Wilson Chandler. Lee and Ariza in the 2nd round.
    That's the one thing I felt he was good at. Wasn't he doing something illegal he was scouting though (well accused)?