Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: what people who live outside of the United States think about the 1972 "FIX"

The thing is, the game should never have stopped after Collins hit the FT's. Like they said, no time-outs remaining. Yet, with the Soviets putting the ball into play and with around 2 of the 3 seconds gone, the refs stop the game for no apparent reason. Then, the Soviets try to make an outlet pass, but with less than 1 second remaining, since the other 2 were played. The refs cancel this play and order that the clock goes back to 3 seconds remaining.
    The time keeper didn't seem to try to deceive the Soviets. He was probably just trying to figure out why the refs stopped the game.

So, the question is, why did they (while giving back those 2 of the 3 seconds remaining to the Soviets)? And how can someone not be pissed off when, in such a crucial point, such a bizarre thing occurs? Not saying the refs were trying to steal the gold from the Americans, but, unless a clean explanation was given, the USA were correct to feel cheated.

Dunking on everybody in the park bd#1pguard's Avatar

Default Re: what people who live outside of the United States think about the 1972 "FIX"

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffin
    i dunno

i think most people would notice if a french/italian/brittish person called the people in their country "europians"

everyone in canada laughs at the US for calling themself "america"

yall just used to being stupid since birth. its common to overlook things like "amurca vs the metric system" and counting, measuring things in terms of hicklike "half a pigs ass worth of such n such"
    please stop saying europians, its europeans. and I only say this to correct you due to seeing how technical you are about people's comments

NBA sixth man of the year KyrieTheFuture's Avatar

Since when was the whole of America the back country of Alabama and Louisiana?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bd#1pguard
    please stop saying europians, its europeans. and I only say this to correct you due to seeing how technical you are about people's comments

lol this is my original point though

you americans spell half your dictionary wrong

yet you correct others

Favourite - Favorite
    Colour - Color
    Tyre - Tire
    Spelt - Spelled
    Realise - Realize
    Aluminium - Aluminum
    Moustache - Mustache
    Neighbour - Neighbor
    Labour - Labor
    Centre - Center
    Theatre - Theater
    Metre - Meter
    Analyse - Analyze
    Anaemia - Anemia
    Ageing - Aging
    Programme - Program
    Tonne - Ton
    Cheque - Check (only different when referring to monetary document)
    Grey - Gray
    Kerb - Curb
    Pyjamas - Pajamas
    Plough - Plow
    Yoghurt - Yogurt

Neighbour, neighbor, tonight, tonite, licence, license, realise realize, spelt, spelled

Hey someone knows how to work the Google machine
    Or you have no life. I find it hilarious how you got caught misspelling a word and try to make up for it by saying it was intentional. Keep on doing your thing eh?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by KyrieTheFuture
    Hey someone knows how to work the Google machine
    Or you have no life. I find it hilarious how you got caught misspelling a word and try to make up for it by saying it was intentional. Keep on doing your thing eh?

but i never said i'm perfect

i said as a collection / whole... america does pretty much most things wrong

so the few things other people do from other countrys is hardly worth picking on

yea i spell 1-2 words wrong sometimes...

an american spells 50% of their words wrong

Dunking on everybody in the park bd#1pguard's Avatar

lol this is my original point though

you americans spell half your dictionary wrong

yet you correct others

Favourite - Favorite
    Colour - Color
    Tyre - Tire
    Spelt - Spelled
    Realise - Realize
    Aluminium - Aluminum
    Moustache - Mustache
    Neighbour - Neighbor
    Labour - Labor
    Centre - Center
    Theatre - Theater
    Metre - Meter
    Analyse - Analyze
    Anaemia - Anemia
    Ageing - Aging
    Programme - Program
    Tonne - Ton
    Cheque - Check (only different when referring to monetary document)
    Grey - Gray
    Kerb - Curb
    Pyjamas - Pajamas
    Plough - Plow
    Yoghurt - Yogurt

Neighbour, neighbor, tonight, tonite, licence, license, realise realize, spelt, spelled
    I'm Bosnian and agree with you 100% as I'm used to the metric system and having learned English in Europe had to adjust it when I arrived. You have to understand though that each nation no matter the language will augment the language to fit their needs. In this case, English has been slaughtered down to a level where rednecks can communicate. Don't forget though that there are still many educated people present that use the english language properly. It is just that the number is dwindling as we speak.

but i never said i'm perfect

i said as a collection / whole... america does pretty much most things wrong

so the few things other people do from other countrys is hardly worth picking on

yea i spell 1-2 words wrong sometimes...

an american spells 50% of their words wrong
    You don't appear to be very intelligent and I doubt you're even from Canada, most likely you're just another troll from Los Angeles. If you are from Canada it doesn't reflect well on the Canadian people when when someone such as yourself is so antagonistic, questioning the intelligence of United states citizens when you're spelling every other world wrong and appear to be some kind of mental defect.

I ****ing love sweeping generalizations. God and people call the US ignorant.

Banned

I ****ing love sweeping generalizations. God and people call the US ignorant.
    lol just giving "americans" a taste of their own medicine from a fellow "american" who happens to live in canada

Quote Originally Posted by bd#1pguard
    I'm Bosnian and agree with you 100% as I'm used to the metric system and having learned English in Europe had to adjust it when I arrived. You have to understand though that each nation no matter the language will augment the language to fit their needs. In this case, English has been slaughtered down to a level where rednecks can communicate. Don't forget though that there are still many educated people present that use the english language properly. It is just that the number is dwindling as we speak.
    You agree with the troll who started some random thread about a very old topic that no one has been talking about just so he could antagonize and criticize residents of the United States, something that the vast majority of people on this forum are? You agree with that guy? The guy who comes on here and acts like every person from the United States is some uneducated hick when he himself can barely construct a sentence and is mangling every other word he types? Well, if you agree with him that doesn't reflect well on you.

lol just giving "americans" a taste of their own medicine from a fellow "american" who happens to live in canada
    No, you're being a prejudiced retard and an antagonistic jackass. Wasn't the topic about the 72' Olympics? What happened to that? Oh, I see... it was an agenda driven thread from a dumbass troll who never has anything interesting to say, this time it's even more idiotic than usual. You're being an asshole and you're articulating yourself like a ten year old.

Also people who act like Americans dumb down the English language don't know much about other languages apparently. Many countries speaking the same language have very different speech patterns and spellings themselves.

I hope all Canadians aren't like you (I doubt they are), you sure to pull off the miserable prick persona, if that was what you were going for.

Also people who act like Americans dumb down the English language don't know much about other languages apparently. Many countries speaking the same language have very different speech patterns and spellings themselves.
    Shhh... don't tell the elitist Canadian Laker fan who can't spell his own name.