Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Banned

Default Re: Jason Kidd vs. Allen Iverson

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Iverson is ranked higher. Next topic please.
    I don't believe it is that obvious considering how a decent amount of posters have also said that Kidd was better.

Feel free to explain your reasoning on why Iverson was better though.

Quote Originally Posted by markymark
    A hillbilly comment from a Cleveland hillbilly.
    Thanks for your opinion. I appreciate it.

Both! They are both badass.

Good High School Starter Mach_3's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    5'11? Why did you shrink him.

AI carried Sixers to the Finals and won MVP. Two things Ben Gordon never did nor will ever. You're clueless.
    I've stood next to Iverson before he's barely 5'11 and no where near the 6'0/ 6'1 i hear people routinely claim him as. He's at most 5'11 in shoes which makes what he did over his career even more impressive imo

Blah.

People are misunderstand my post on Iverson severely.

I was saying he didn't lead to them to the Finals playing "team" basketball. Which means he lead them playing on his own, for himself. Ultimately they got to the Finals because of Iverson. Ultimately they lost the Finals, again, because of Iverson. His style of play and the way the teams were constructed around him never had the ability to win a championship.

Thank you for all the knee-jerk reactions.

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode

I was saying he didn't lead to them to the Finals playing "team" basketball. Which means he lead them playing on his own, for himself. Ultimately they got to the Finals because of Iverson. Ultimately they lost the Finals, again, because of Iverson. His style of play and the way the teams were constructed around him never had the ability to win a championship.

...So your mad because he didn't get there playing team ball yet still lead his team to the finals with essentially no jumpshooters and no one capable of creating their own shot without Iverson's penetration ability. What did you want Iverson to do? Forcefeed everyone else and watch them brick jumpshots and get stripped repeatedly on drives to the rim? He probably took more bailout shots in that 01 season than any of Kobe's Lakers down seasons. It's not like the guy says before each game "im taking 30 shots tonight"

And to blame them losing the 01 finals on Allen Iverson is laughable at best. Maybe if Mutombo was capable of holding Shaq to mortal like numbers even once in this series or if someone could stop Kobe from waltzing into the lane whenever he wanted they might have had a chance.

And calling Iverson a glorified Ben Gordan is like calling Jordan a glorified Monta Ellis. borderline retarded

Quote Originally Posted by Mach_3
    ...So your mad because he didn't get there playing team ball yet still lead his team to the finals with essentially no jumpshooters and no one capable of creating their own shot without Iverson's penetration ability. What did you want Iverson to do? Forcefeed everyone else and watch them brick jumpshots and get stripped repeatedly on drives to the rim? He probably took more bailout shots in that 01 season than any of Kobe's Lakers down seasons. It's not like the guy says before each game "im taking 30 shots tonight"

And to blame them losing the 01 finals on Allen Iverson is laughable at best. Maybe if Mutombo was capable of holding Shaq to mortal like numbers even once in this series or if someone could stop Kobe from waltzing into the lane whenever he wanted they might have had a chance.

And calling Iverson a glorified Ben Gordan is like calling Jordan a glorified Monta Ellis. borderline retarded
    Thanks for your post man. Good explaining.

Thanks for your post man. Good explaining.

Learning to shoot layups stylesp's Avatar

Lol Meticode, did you see who was on that roster on that 2000-2001 76ers team? Did you want Iverson to pass to Aaron McKie or Eric Snow? Those were about his only role players on that team who could have possibly scored or facilitated a play but they couldn't even do that. Mutombo was past his prime so what did you expect Larry Brown to do with that team? To let Iverson shoot and drive to the rim.

Good High School Starter nycelt84's Avatar

Jason Kidd has him beat on longevity and his peak wasn't that far behind Iverson's peak. I take Kidd.

kidd

Local High School Star

Actually they lost in the finals because of Shaq and kobe. Anyway I'll take Kidd. Barely.