Default Ready or not, Lakers arrive in China

The Lakers' next practice will be at the MasterCard Center, which sounds like it could be in New York, Chicago or Los Angeles.

It's in the Chinese capital, though, the first step of the Lakers' NBA-mandated weeklong trip away from home.

The time change is 15 hours, their charter flight out of LAX was almost 13 hours, and, good morning, they'll be on the court at 9 a.m. Sunday local time in an effort to force themselves to acclimate to the time change.

-- LA Times

Default Re: Ready or not, Lakers arrive in China

The Lakers already hit the wall and their season hasn't even started.

It wasn't a bad thing for them. It came with a dose of culture.

The Lakers went to the Great Wall on Sunday afternoon, a two-hour trek on a charter bus that started on the bustling streets of China's capital, continued along a narrow two-way road near a quaint Chinese village with farmers pushing wheelbarrows, and ended at the Mutianyu portion of the Wall.

Two days before their exhibition game here, the Lakers didn't go to the more popular Badaling or Juyongguan sections of the historic site, eschewing the crowds and amusement park-like environments for more solitude. Or so they thought.

-- LA Times

http://www.nba.com/games/20131015/GSWLAL/gameinfo.html

Team didn't play all that bad but lost 100 - 95 after getting out scored 31-15 in the 4th quarter.

Observations:

Steve Blake cannot go 1 for 11 if the Lakers expect to win games

Nick Young is a baller!!!

Kevin Durant could beat Pau and Kaman at arm wrestling at the same time

I swear, if you sneeze near Pau, he will fall and slide across the floor. I wish he had been able at some point in his career to build up his lower body.....no chance to do it this offseason.

Is Jordan Hill just waiting to get traded?

Steve Nash will need to have more of a scorer's mentality this season....minimum of 10 shots per game.

NBA lottery pick Lakers_Kobe_Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DKLaker
    http://www.nba.com/games/20131015/GSWLAL/gameinfo.html

Team didn't play all that bad but lost 100 - 95 after getting out scored 31-15 in the 4th quarter.

Observations:

Steve Blake cannot go 1 for 11 if the Lakers expect to win games

Nick Young is a baller!!!

Kevin Durant could beat Pau and Kaman at arm wrestling at the same time

I swear, if you sneeze near Pau, he will fall and slide across the floor. I wish he had been able at some point in his career to build up his lower body.....no chance to do it this offseason.

Is Jordan Hill just waiting to get traded?

Steve Nash will need to have more of a scorer's mentality this season....minimum of 10 shots per game.
    relax its preseason..Pau didnt touch the ball in offseason....whats the point in playing hard in preseason and getting some kind of injury again?

blake is an idiot 1/11 after 1/10

J Hill supposedly took 1000 jumpers every day this year...he still looks horrible...

meeks shouldnt be even in the d league...scrub is starting..

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers_Kobe_Fan
    relax its preseason..Pau didnt touch the ball in offseason....whats the point in playing hard in preseason and getting some kind of injury again?

blake is an idiot 1/11 after 1/10

J Hill supposedly took 1000 jumpers every day this year...he still looks horrible...

meeks shouldnt be even in the d league...scrub is starting..
    What I was referring to was Pau's lack of muscle.....has nothing to do with touching a basketball....dude is really weak, if he couldn't use his legs he should've lifted weights with his arms this offseason......I don't know what Kaman's excuse is for being weak.

Meeks......I remember some guys on here hyping the hell out of him like he was good. Meeks is AWFUL!!!!

NBA lottery pick Lakers_Kobe_Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DKLaker
    What I was referring to was Pau's lack of muscle.....has nothing to do with touching a basketball....dude is really weak, if he couldn't use his legs he should've lifted weights with his arms this offseason......I don't know what Kaman's excuse is for being weak.

Meeks......I remember some guys on here hyping the hell out of him like he was good. Meeks is AWFUL!!!!
    awful??? thats very generous of you...hehe...he is fcuking garbage... no idea why the lakers picked up his option...

we could have got somebody else on the min with that money...

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers_Kobe_Fan
    awful??? thats very generous of you...hehe...he is fcuking garbage... no idea why the lakers picked up his option...

we could have got somebody else on the min with that money...
    $1.5 million for that scrub!!!! We could've picked up a much better player for that money.....or even kept Goudelock for far less than that, if they wanted to save money. I agree with you on this for sure

Oh.....and Steve Blake....$4 million= stealing without a gun! WTF!!!

Lakers got blown out 115 - 89......but Kobe is looking good considering he is out of shape. Lots of clips of him shooting & running:

http://blog.lakers.com/lakers/2013/1...eseason-diary/